Poll: What would work better for an up an coming PvP warrior with 60k+ honor waiting for S4 to drop?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Warrior PvP (help all pvp warriors)

i'm a warrior at 22k...
    using 41/20/0

honestly don't waste your talents on defence...
    41/20 will get you enough rage whenever...
    plus your instant damage will be huge... which makes a huge difference espeically to classes which you can barely touch...

for 2.2... the only choice u'll have is a resto drood as a partner...
    as for weapons... go for the mace...
    stunning opponents is excellent in 2.2...
    but if you are a damage fan like i am...
    go for the sword...
    but it's better in 5.5

You got endless rage therefor your spec is horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr
    You got endless rage therefor your spec is horrible
    You offer no valid counterargument therefor your comment will be disregarded.

This place is turning into the Blizzard forums more and more each day...

Quote Originally Posted by Sacristar
    This place is turning into the Blizzard forums more and more each day...
    Except here, the mods actually do a great job of deleting the flaming idiot posts. On blizzard forums, it's too many and not enough moderators.

My warrior partner is trying out 41/17/3, he hates not having tactical mastery. He didn't like the traditional 41/20/0 after we played a few arena games. Usually he's 35/23/3 like my warrior is, but so far he likes endless rage because it helps in taking out disc priests faster. (Which since we play war/priest in 2s, if there's a priest on the other side, that's who he has to stop up so I don't get mana burned.)

New question, same topic...

Here is a current setup situation

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ner&n=Boagrius

Assuming he is trying to build to get his gear... (which is slowly coming along) He now has banked about 55-60k honor in hopes that S4 drops soon. Would it be wise for him to save his honor for the new armor in S4 or would it be worth it for him to grab the new 45 res trinket now?

Is the 45 res trinket worth it for a warrior or will the 20 res trinket be just as good?

(Keep in mind that the new 45 res trinket costs 40k honor and the 20 res has been reduced to 8k honor.)

Your honest help is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    35/23/3 for the 2/2 and here is no doubt about it , dont let him go 33/28/0 , being able to isntantly disarm/reflect is to crucial in 2/2

when it comes to wpn specc , forget sword or axe ...go for mace and u for sure wont be dissapointed unlike sword specc nto proccing for 5 matches or axe specc not bringing any real dps increase
    Or having your stuns resisted or just not proccing it goes both ways. It is all personal preference swords and maces are probably about equal.

And for the guy with endless rage grats on being a fluke you have to sacrifice way too much to get ER to make it a worthwhile spec for anyone to use. You have to build everything you do around the fact you have er to effectively use it.

Mace is the best for 2v2.

You have lots of specs listed by other players...

MYSELF I go with Venge Sword, used Deep Thunder in a very long time and couldn't stand the damn "Klonk" sound anymore (Wierd when you hit with spikes...).

I like the swordspec more because you can just cut down easy targets in 0.5 sec if you're lucky...

But if you're going for the best, go for the mace!

WoW!!!! can i post that question again? (maybe someone who knows can help)

Quote Originally Posted by Naytball
    New question, same topic...

Here is a current setup situation

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ner&n=Boagrius

Assuming he is trying to build to get his gear... (which is slowly coming along) He now has banked about 55-60k honor in hopes that S4 drops soon. Would it be wise for him to save his honor for the new armor in S4 or would it be worth it for him to grab the new 45 res trinket now?

Is the 45 res trinket worth it for a warrior or will the 20 res trinket be just as good?

(Keep in mind that the new 45 res trinket costs 40k honor and the 20 res has been reduced to 8k honor.)

Your honest help is appreciated!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually have a question for my own warrior for this thread. Is it that much of an advantage to get the +speed/root resist combo instead of the root resist/root resist combo? It's my understanding that these stack and 10% root and snare resist sounds like a godsend.

Naytball: S4 is at least 2 weeks away, if he can farm some honor back by then he should go for the new trinket imho. besides, you need rating for some of the new honor gear and judging by that 2v2 rating, he's not gonna get it :/

Wortuzalian: yes 10% snare & root resist sounds sweet but fact is you can't pvp without speed on boots. just play some arena's without it, you'll find out soon enough that everyone catches up to you and everyone gets away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacristar
    Naytball: S4 is at least 2 weeks away, if he can farm some honor back by then he should go for the new trinket imho. besides, you need rating for some of the new honor gear and judging by that 2v2 rating, he's not gonna get it :/
    Oh and FYI, his 2v2 rating is nothing reflecting his talent. He is just playing 2's with a fire mage (not well geared at all) to get his minimal points for the week (as is the mage). He really is a better warrior. When I helped him for 1 week (a while ago), we went 8-2.

I think the poll pretty much asks the question. For anyone who has comment about it, post it here. I am interested in seeing the actual reasons behind the votes!

If he is over 60k in honor, I think he should get the 40k trinket. We have around 2-3 weeks to s4 (maybe even 4 or more) so with 20k honor left he'd be able to save at least something around 40k easily till s4 which can help him gather the ratingless parts. Go for the 40k trinket imo.

I think he should get the 8k trinket. It's the 2 min cooldown that wins the games, not the resillience (not just that on the one trinket anyway). If he just started he better use the other 32k to buy season 2/non-set epics. Once he's full pvp epic, he can start thinking about the 40k trinket. That's what I'm doing anyway. Getting to 400 resi is pretty easy. If he wants to get to resi cap, THEN he should get the epic trinket.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the Vindicator non-set epics stay available next season without rating, so he can always still buy those if he doesnt have the rating to buy Brutal.

Sooner or later he will get it so he might as well get it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag
    botting is a exploit/cheat, don't do that! or else kickboxing nagas will kill you. and your familie and if you had freinds they would die too. maybe they will kill your guildmates or F-list. dunno much about those nagafreaks.
    Hell yeah.

I use sword and 33/28/0 build since i do 2s with a shaman and find it rather fun, but i would recommend maces in a different setup. S3 mace > skillherald. 24ap+run speed meta / surefooted combo (5% snare and root resist from the other meta gem and surefooted don't stack to the best of my knowledge, do correct me if I'm wrong)

35/23/3 spec - most utility, instant reflects and disarms, least rage gen / burst
    33/28/0 spec - crazy burst, loss of TM is very noticeable - very little utility, all you can do is intervene, reflects are hard to pull off.
    41/20/0 spec - do you feel rage starved a lot? Faced some crazy disc priests? this is the spec for you, but be warned - other warrior will abuse the disarm once he sees that you don't have weapon mastery. No TM, but i tried it and didn't really missed it as much as i do with 33/28 build. No sweeping strikes for bgs / 5s / killing pets. Imp ms cd kinda helps, i felt that i had a lot of rage but no real way of dumping it so i switched. Imo its not as effective as the first two builds.
    41/17/3 spec - looks funky, never tried it but you don't get full enrage, weapon mastery, or sweeping strikes, scares me a little.
    45/5/11 spec - seen it work for others, can't figure out how tbh.

Plenty of time to get the honor back if you get the 40k trinket, but its only 25 resil difference for additional 32k honor, not a big deal, though it would definitely help. I'd get the s3 versions of the rated s4 items b4 spending all that honor on a 25resil upgrade in his place.

Another thing he should look into is warrior macros for pvp, stuff like weapon swap, stance dance reflect, intervene without dropping current target so you could intercept right back, maybe even disarm. Focus frame could help, i was even thinking about intercept focus target macro as another interrupt. While not necessary, it could lower the response time.

Sorry for the wall of text, i don't claim be expert, but i hope some of this stuff will help ^.^

hi, i'm playing 41-17-3, and I am pretty surprised nobody loves it, endlass rage is not the point, but Imp. MS... is terrible !!!

another thing I'm doing against opinion, it seems... I'm using an Axe, jsut for one reason, I'm Orc. Nobody speaks about expertise from racials, i'm feeling it very, very important, as I'm still being dodge too much by casters ^^. Do you think it is just a minimal bonus, and even as orc, I should spec mace (or sword because i 2v2 with a Cham) ?

get the 20 resil trinket, 32k honor is not worth it for a warrior, we don't need to max resil as long as you are smart about switching to sword/board in the right situations.