Eat/Drink Food Macro

Ok, so I know that I can type
    /use ITEMNAME1
    and I'll start drinking/eating ITEMNAME1

But - How do I do the following:

Drink ITEMNAME1, if ITEMNAME1 isn't in the inventory, Drink ITEMNAME2.

Don't drink ITEMNAME2 if ITEMNAME1 is in inventory.

I know it's possible. 100% sure. What I don't know is how to make it work in Macro/Script form. As an addon can do it just fine.

Help?

I am not interested in an addon. Only a Macro command.
    It's a simple thing that I want. One click Uses ITEM A or B. But only B when A isn't in the inventory.

Re: Eat/Drink Food Macro

/use itemname1
    /use itemname2

!

Quote Originally Posted by Humii
    /use itemname1
    /use itemname2

!
    Which causes both items to be used. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mromson
    Which causes both items to be used. :P
    Nope, foods are put on global cooldown if a food is used, and the same goes for waters.

Quote Originally Posted by jpillz
    Nope, foods are put on global cooldown if a food is used, and the same goes for waters.
    Yeah, but those aren't the only items that will be used in the macro~

I need one strain of conditional commands.

Spell Example: /cast Arcane Shot [target=target, exists]
    That Macro will only work if you have a target. (granted /cast arcane shot works too, but that's just an example)

Quote Originally Posted by Humii
    /use itemname1
    /use itemname2
    In this instance when you press the macro you will use item1 or item A as you called it. If item1 is not in your inventory it will then use item2 or item B as you called it.
    If you have both item1 and item2 in your inventory it will only use item 1.

The reason it works like that is because all food/drinks trigger a 1 second GCD, and the entire macro will execute in less than 1 second.

If that is not what you are looking for then you might want to explain it a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by beanchild
    In this instance when you press the macro you will use item1 or item A as you called it. If item1 is not in your inventory it will then use item2 or item B as you called it.
    If you have both item1 and item2 in your inventory it will only use item 1.

The reason it works like that is because all food/drinks trigger a 1 second GCD, and the entire macro will execute in less than 1 second.

If that is not what you are looking for then you might want to explain it a little better.
    Like I said, I need ONE command for it.
    "/something
    /something"
    Are two separate commands. I need everything in one line.

Why do you need it in 1 line as long as it fits into 1 macro? Do you just want it to display the icon for the item you are drinking?

I think hes hoping it will eliminate the global cooldown.

that'll never happen

/use [nomod] Conjured Manna Biscuit
    /use [nomod] Conjured Glacier Water
    /use [nomod] Conjured Croissant
    /cast [mod:shift, btn:2] Conjure Food;[mod:shift] Conjure Water;[mod:alt]

Works for my mage, eats and drinks at the same time.
    No idea if you can change it to work for your items.

Can't check at the moment (no WoW at work) but can't one use something as simple as:

/use [exists]ItemA;[exists]ItemB;[exists]ItemC

Quote Originally Posted by Nye
    Can't check at the moment (no WoW at work) but can't one use something as simple as:

/use [exists]ItemA;[exists]ItemB;[exists]ItemC
    [exists] modifier doesn't work. Already tried that.

And to the poster a bit further up; I need it because many of my macros are very conditional and it basically makes my life easier when possible. This is just one string in a very much larger macro. (Why would I want to remove the global cooldown? Not like anyone could benefit in any way from it...)

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mromson
    [exists] modifier doesn't work. Already tried that.

And to the poster a bit further up; I need it because many of my macros are very conditional and it basically makes my life easier when possible. This is just one string in a very much larger macro. (Why would I want to remove the global cooldown? Not like anyone could benefit in any way from it...)
    Can you please be more unspecific? Just tell us what the entire macro should do / contain. We simply *CAN NOT* help you when you don't tell us what we need to know in order to do that.

So you want a macro that uses ItemA, if it doesn't exist use ItemB and if both are present always use ItemA. You have been given a macro for that, but still you're not satisfied because now (d'oh) you tell us you need to have this in a single line. What for? Is there a specific reason? It could be important, so stop hiding what it's supposed to do in the end !
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

only condition i can think of that you would apply to drinking would be nocobat

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Can you please be more unspecific? Just tell us what the entire macro should do / contain. We simply *CAN NOT* help you when you don't tell us what we need to know in order to do that.

So you want a macro that uses ItemA, if it doesn't exist use ItemB and if both are present always use ItemA. You have been given a macro for that, but still you're not satisfied because now (d'oh) you tell us you need to have this in a single line. What for? Is there a specific reason? It could be important, so stop hiding what it's supposed to do in the end !
    Because I don't want alternate solutions to my problem.
    I want one command line that does it. I need a modifier that doesn't execute the command when the item in question isn't in the inventory.

EDIT:
    /use Conjured Manna Biscuit
    /use Star's Tears
    Causes BOTH items to be used. As Manna Biscuit is counted as Food.