Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leatherworking for a Shadowpriest...

Why is it that Muqq from Nihilum, and possibly other members from Nihilum have leatherworking now, when they didn't used to. Is it something with Sunwell?

Re: Leatherworking for a Shadowpriest...

Drums perhaps?

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Anferny
    Wow, that is hardcore if they are using that to go for world firsts, reaaaally hardcore

My guild(up to brut) has quite a few profession rerolls for those drums

thats pretty hardcore, would the guild have paid for the proff change? its seems a bit expensive for one item that might not even get upgraded in WotLK

We are in the same boat having i think 4 people reroll LW for drums....luckily ive been LW on my rogue pre BC.
    Woox - Rogue

Violer - Paladin (ALT) http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Cascah

Quote Originally Posted by infiskik
    We are in the same boat having i think 4 people reroll LW for drums....luckily ive been LW on my rogue pre BC.
    Same here. These drums are just a bonus for all my hard work :P

Quote Originally Posted by Leprodigy
    would the guild have paid for the proff change?
    Most of the proffesion re-rollers are just leveling it to 350, that's the skill you need to craft those drums. Leveling leatherworking to 350 isn't that expensive at all. After 350, or perhaps 360, it will.

Plus they probably have like 50k gold in the guild bank, so it's really a drop in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Romario
    Most of the proffesion re-rollers are just leveling it to 350, that's the skill you need to craft those drums. Leveling leatherworking to 350 isn't that expensive at all. After 350, or perhaps 360, it will.
    Actually its 365 to craft them, only 350 to use them.
    Woox - Rogue

Violer - Paladin (ALT) http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Cascah

Quote Originally Posted by Bigryan
    Wow, that is hardcore if they are using that to go for world firsts, reaaaally hardcore
    if you have time you can try to find a boss screenshot before alchemy nerf to see what was hardcore(ctun keltuzad etc)

Quote Originally Posted by joyu
    if you have time you can try to find a boss screenshot before alchemy nerf to see what was hardcore(ctun keltuzad etc)
    yes that was hardcore

here's a pic von kungen short before the world first

http://gfx.nihilum.mousesports.com/albums/6/9/67.jpg
    German guy speaking bad english :/

i've seen pvpers go enchanting AND jc just for 2x +12 spelldmg and other gems who are slightly better.

gg

cost me 450g to level to 350 yesterday.

farmed a lot of the knothide with a friend skinning myself, and a chunk of the thick/rugged with random lowbie skinners.

very worth it considering its 100 spell haste on average spread between 5 people. currently trying to work through all the drums of war i made while levelling (ive got 350 drum charges, so thats 700 minutes of chaining it... should last a while lol).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=overshadowed

At the point of the game where those people are, you hardly use your professions for anything, and since raiding is your main goal it makes sense that you respec leatherworking/JC/enchanting to just push your char a little further.

Deleted

At the beginning of SWP I also respecced for leatherworking because of the drums and that awful leather breastplate

As said you do not need your professions at all. In our guild there are 3 or 4 Alchemists which is enough for the whole guild, you go to them once in a while or even haver their account notes to make you 40flasks 100haste/destro pots to get over the month. Pre SWP i was herbalism/mining just because i was so sad about all that khorium i saw while farming herbs. No i'm lw/herb and i will go lw/ench if i can manage to get a twink, which i personally hate :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane
    At the point of the game where those people are, you hardly use your professions for anything, and since raiding is your main goal it makes sense that you respec leatherworking/JC/enchanting to just push your char a little further.
    Well, the t2 engi goggles are definitely better than t6, and I prefer my normal ones. So I won't drop engi. And in WotLK I might need tailoring again for crafted sets.... If I had to do 350-375 again I might well cry

I think it takes an impressive amount of dedication to respecc LW for drums. Don't think I have it.

Dsswoosh

Unless your guild engi, or guild jc or guild alchemist or something, then all dps classes should ideally be enchanting for rings, and leatherworking for drums.

Why bother flasking, potting, oiling weapons, eating food buffs every boss fight and then wiping if your not going to get a maximum haste party rotation going?

It all helps

greenmasheen

for my mage, 80 haste is the difference for getting x3 Frost Bolts in for the AB debuff.