Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Per Class DPS Requirements for Brutallus?

My guild has had 1 or 2 nights on Brutallus and we seem to lack raid dps, so i was curious what kind of dps can be expected from the different classes when assuming normal group set-ups.

Re: Per Class DPS Requirements for Brutallus?

2,5k best ones, 1,6k worst ones

go and check http://www.wwsscoreboard.com/bossview.php?bossid=42

Locks: 2.2k
    Mages 1.8k
    Hunters 1.9k
    Priests 1.3k +
    Shamans 1.7k
    Warriors 1.7k
    Rogues 1.8k
    Paladins 1.6k

Raid DPS should be 25-30k

Just some numbers from what we're usually expecting, some classes can go a lot higher than theese aswell. They are all very "ish" because there are so many factors playing in. But normally you'l see locks at the top and shadowpriest at the bottom (they are great for the fight tho) Also DPS isn't the same as damage, A lock can have tons of dps but still end up below other classes with no "downtime".

If your raid seems to be lacking damage, make sure you use as few healers as possible (maybe you can skip a healer and use another shadowpriest) and set up strong group dynamics. Bringing good hybrids that can boost your damage at lot might be an good idea.

I don't get it, why are Shaman expected to be so low? Is scaling just that bad from T5 to T6?

With "solid " BT gear enh can go 2000-2200 DPS depending on setup and luck, however 1800/1900 ish is probably the normal to aim for.

a good rogue should so more than that.. assuming totems and so on (and you do have them :S, right?)
    spriests can do 1500 aswell.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Shoot, I've yet to get any T6 gear and I can hit 1400 on fights like Karathress, which has the movement and ice blocks... I figure with t6 gear and not having to move, I'd be going higher.

greenmasheen

rogues should be able to blast shaman... wtf?

Deleted

as for a rogues point of view, and for other classes i guess, Brutallus DPS is mainly determined by DPS stacking. We usually have one fury warrior too whiny to respec MS and no one pushing him too much so he raids fury. Also there is one ret pally in my group, so the usual (pretty bad stacking i know tell my rl ) is
    Fury
    Rogue
    Rogue
    Ret
    Sham

One night we went in with

MS (another one with worse gear compared to the other)
    Rogue
    Rogue
    Druid
    Sham

First Setup: Dps around 1.8-1.9k Second: around 2.1k

Brutallus Highscore avarange dps/fight:
    Rogue 2870
    Warlock 2734
    Hunter 2635
    Mage 2485
    Warrior 2449
    Shaman 2176
    Paladin 2169
    Druid 2086
    Priest 1824

Take ~30% off and thats what you should see in your recount.

nu'ff said.
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

Deleted

wtf?

those are the "2x-4x heroism/bloodlust" counters
    get everyone rdy for ~1800 dps
    get someone with ~2100 dps, so another can support with 1500 dps

nothing special, just maths^^

Quote Originally Posted by WildW
    Locks: 2.2k
    Mages 1.8k
    Hunters 1.9k
    Priests 1.3k +
    Shamans 1.7k
    Warriors 1.7k
    Rogues 1.8k
    Paladins 1.6k
    rogues 1.8 oO thats way to low, i dont know the fight, but i guess if rogues can dps there they go far beyond 1.8k^^ especially if one or more of you got twinblades they outdps the rest, even the locks i guess.

shamans are supporters, 1.7k dps is enough (answering the one who asked below). but i think they can do better.

hunters as well should hit the 2k.

its allways a good idea to drop some mages and invite more locks to increase raiddps xD

Raid dps have to be 27.777 to down boss within enrage timer after that you have up to 15-20 sec till he wipe you out.
    At this ecounter most classes do way more dps than usually since people push everything they got (destro / haste pots , drums , shaman swaps for dps groups etc).

Quote Originally Posted by sirrk
    its allways a good idea to drop some mages and invite more locks to increase raiddps xD
    I take offense at that! > Anyway, mages should be hitting 2k no problem unless they're in a group with no buffs. I could probably hit 1.6 or more with an elem shammy and I don't have a single piece of T6 yet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yasuhiko
    Shoot, I've yet to get any T6 gear and I can hit 1400 on fights like Karathress, which has the movement and ice blocks... I figure with t6 gear and not having to move, I'd be going higher.
    There is a large gap between 1400-2000 gear wise. Plus the boss has high armor.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

The key to Brutal is building "Ideal group comps" for as many DPS as you can...

Example:
    Tank Group: War, Tree, Tree, Sham, <other melee dps>
    Hunter group: Feral Druid, Shammy, Serv-Hunter, BM-Hunter, <DPS- Hunter or Caster is fine>
    Melee Group: MS-War, Rogue, Rogue, Ret-Pal, Enh-Shammy
    Caster Group: Mage, Ele-Sham, Shad-Preist, Warlock, Warlock
    Healer Group: Holy-Pal, Holy Pal, Holy-Preist, Holy-Preist, Shad-Preist

The idea is to stack as many buffs that help as many people as possable. MS warrior puts a Debuff on Brtual that increases Physical Dmg, Same with the SV-Hunter, the Ret Pally can keep Judgments up on the target from all the palys in the group (Crusader/Wisdom/Light) that will resore manna and HP and increase the Crit% of all dmg sources by 3%, Shadow Priests will restor manna to manna classes, wile the Tree's will increase the +Healing of all spells on the Warrior, the Druid will handle the stops better then the Warrior do to the higher Mitigation from Armor as well as being in the Hunter group the Druid also receives the Armor/Dodge/Crit Bonus from the Grace of Air totem...

You should also encourage many of your DPS to pick up Leather Working (350) so they can do Drums of Battle rotations withing groups. Everyone should be Thinking "Raid Damage" not "My Damage".

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffy
    There is a large gap between 1400-2000 gear wise. Plus the boss has high armor.
    I know, and I'm saying that the gear available off Kalecgos, off of Teron, off or Illidan, with better weapons is a large means for improvement. There is the possibility of pushing further, and I'm wondering if I can.

Also, he may have a lot of armor, but I lose a lot of DPS time to frost nova and running my ass off, so I figure that can be compensated for, too.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevarine
    as for a rogues point of view, and for other classes i guess, Brutallus DPS is mainly determined by DPS stacking. We usually have one fury warrior too whiny to respec MS and no one pushing him too much so he raids fury. Also there is one ret pally in my group, so the usual (pretty bad stacking i know tell my rl ) is
    Fury
    Rogue
    Rogue
    Ret
    Sham

One night we went in with

MS (another one with worse gear compared to the other)
    Rogue
    Rogue
    Druid
    Sham

First Setup: Dps around 1.8-1.9k Second: around 2.1k
    Give the Druid to your Hunters, their Syng Group would give a Greater Benafit then your Melee group... Becuse the Druid dosnt benafit in any way from Windfury.

Our Hunter group is...
    Druid (Tank): +Dodge/AC/Crit from GoA, +6% Dmg bonus from FI x2 (DPS N/A) +Drums of Battle
    Resto Shammy: (Dropping - Grace of Air and Manna Spring/Tide) (DPS N/A) +Drums of Battle
    Hunter (SV): +Crit/AP from GoA, +6% Dmg bonus from FI x2 (1.8k+ DPA) +Drums of Battle
    Hunter (BM): +Crit/AP from GoA, +6% Dmg bonus from FI x2 (2.1k+ DPS) +Drums of Battle
    Hunter (BM): +Crit/AP from GoA, +6% Dmg bonus from FI x2 (2.1k+ DPS) -Drums of Battle ???

Other Side bonus to this group comp that benafit the raid other then damage is...
    Druid: Takes less Damage on Stomps = Saving Healer Manna and helps with overall serviablity
    Druid: Generates More Threat because of higher Crit/Dmg output (allowing for DPS to not have to back off)
    Expose Weakness: from SV hunter will help increase all Physical Damage (Buffed by GoA ~400AP)

Think RAID Damage not My Damage

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

I'm normally holy but spec shadow for brutallus and pull a sad 1.1k dps in my offspec-gear and full-healer-group without heroisms and woa. But you know what, we still kill him due to the synergy some classes bring. Look at the groups/buffs/gear the single player has and then think about what kind of dps he should do.

Some people just seem to be great at mashing incinerate though.