Damage Meters...

Anyone got a link to a decent damage meter? Less memory usage the better.

Re: Damage Meters...

DamageMeters is pretty much the best you're gonna get as far as memory usage goes for a damage meter.
    Damage meters themselves take up a silly amount of space.

However if you want a better one with more option but takes up a little more memory I suggest Recount

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak
    DamageMeters is pretty much the best you're gonna get as far as memory usage goes for a damage meter.
    Damage meters themselves take up a silly amount of space.

However if you want a better one with more option but takes up a little more memory I suggest Recount
    DamageMeters is ridiciolous wrong, or did the autor fix the range thing? Usually its nowhere near webstats/recount/swstats and usually the one using damagemeters is gonna be first in his damagemeter.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Thanks bbr, great game!

Recount.

From Curse. It's an "effective" dmg meter meaning that it averages your dmg (while alive) over the total time in combat, not just your time in combat.

Violation

From Wowace. It's a "TIC" or Time In Combat dmg meter meaning it averages your dmg while you are in combat. If you are drinking at the start of combat, it won't affect your dps under Violation. Because you aren't in combat. It only measures based on your Time in Combat.

both are very valuable dmg meter tools. I don't think one is better than another, tho for the purposes of a Raid, generally overall dmg is used and my Violation is usually exactly the same as my Recount. For dps, the "effective" dmg meters tend to hold favor with more serious raiders, so Recount or SWStats work.

I find that Violation is incredibly light. Recount is fairly light, but can get heavy if you record a lot of data. It's pretty configurable and can even display real time dps graphing. That is pretty processor intensive, tho.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and I have found Damagemeters to be badly inaccurate. Wildly so. I don't think the ranging is proper because even set at max, those that use DM even with syncing usually have wildly differing numbers by the end of the night (and each is leading in their dmgmeter, a sure sign that each is wrong...lol)

I didn't say damagemeters was good, he asked for something which was low memory.
    Recount takes a huge amount, even with most of the options toggled off.

One thing is for sure though, although it is inaccurate it's not quite as inaccurate as you're making it out to be

The old DamageMeter have a huge flaw in that it doesnt record Pets as dmg except for the owner.. So fire elementals, water elementals, imps; and most noteworthy Hunter Pets damage isnt counted in..

Recount

There is nothing better and it's not THAT fat :3

Edit: HOLYFUCK... i mean recount - go get it nao!
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

Recount is the best.
    It always shows me top of the DPS so it must be correct!

Thanks for the replies guys, I'l try DamageMeter and Recount out then I'l reply with what I think.

Thanks again!