View Poll Results: Do u think CC are needed for heroics?

Voters
123. This poll is closed
  • Yes

22 17.89%
  • No

30 24.39%
  • I just dunno

2 1.63%
  • Depends on group

69 56.10%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Is CC for heroics over rated?

Well ur a palidan, so you don't have a problem building aggro on multiple enemies. Warriors and Druids (maybe not so much druids) will have a little bit of trouble, so you should always bring at least 1 CC with you.

Done heroic SL with a group consisting of a feral druid as tank, priest as healer and shadow priest, fury warrior and I believe the last one was a lock. The tank had mainly kara gear with some few SSC/TK pieces, the healer had crafted items (with 1550 healing) and the rest had gear equivelant of early T5.

We ran all of SL without using CC a single time, not even in the room with the 2nd boss. The tank took a ton of damage which was a hell to heal. Did get aggro from the tank a few times, but nothing that wiped us, thanks to some clever playing. The most difficult part was to keep the ww happy warrior alive throughout the instance.

So to the topic, I'd say it depends on the gear of the players. Well equipped groups should be able to do without it, whilst less well equipped players would need it from time to time, or more often.

Obviously depends on the place and the group.
    In any case every group always tried to have atleast 1 CC
    Even then it's quite low for normality.

For example try getting a pug group for a heroic as a DPS warrior or Enha/Ele Shaman.
    It's possible, but not so easy.

For the most part, CC is not overrated. It can be the difference between helping pick up the slack for a sloppy tank, dps, or healer. Ideally, if everyone is top notch, then CC might get to play a far lesser roll than the standard "MUST HAVE" for most of todays Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe
    For the most part, CC is not overrated. It can be the difference between helping pick up the slack for a sloppy tank, dps, or healer. Ideally, if everyone is top notch, then CC might get to play a far lesser roll than the standard "MUST HAVE" for most of todays Heroics.
    This is why when you see in the LFG channel "Need CC" you should not join that group. They consider they fail right away.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle