Destro lock/Fire mage 2v2 Does it work?

Destro lock/Fire mage 2v2 Does it work?
    Im a Sl/Sl lock as 90% of all other locks in 1800-1900 rating but its really boring and i was wondering if anyone have tried or are playing that setup i would like to hear some response

Re: Destro lock/Fire mage 2v2 Does it work?

both of you would have very little survivability and if one of you are locked down by a warr/rogue then its basically just one of you dpsing, i can imagine it working ok until the 1.9 mark where you wouldnt stand a chance if you were both good enough
    if you both used your spell locks/counterspells + all cc abilities + shadow fury then you could nuke down a target in a healer + dps team but vs another double proper dps team, nah you wouldnt stand a chance
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

againts any good team you really wouldnt stand a chance. in high rated teams alot of the time u face druid/war druid/lock or disc/rogue. all 3 of those teams would destro u.

Rogue would lock down the lock and kill him be4 he could do anything. and mage wouldnt be able to kill a disc priest fast enough if he was LOSing properly.

Warrior would be able to kill your warlock in about 10+ seconds unless mage was CCing him. and if mage is CCing the war, that means the druid isnt getting attacked.

Your only hope would be a lock/healer team. you could mabye CC the healer long enough to burst the lock but its still doubtful

Yeah i know but the plan wasent to get it high rated just want some change but i think we try in s4 and i will report how it goes

I have played Destro Warlock / Fire Mage pretty much as in 2v2 before Fire Mage got ice block.

The thing that makes you lose is Rouges, destro locks has nothing against them and its impossible to CC him untill you can start nuke him. Since like 30-40% of arena teams today have rouge in its team its just to damn hard.

Warriors / Healer or DPS is the esiest for this build. You just kill him off.. no healer can heal against fire mage/destro lock. 10% Fire bonus + scourge bonus dmg & the 10% from warriors abilty also the lowst resilient target makes him very very easy to just kill off.
    Backlash is the thing who makes the locks dps stay on. Frost Nova, Death Coil, Blast Wave & is gonna be the only way for you to cast proper, but with a mage who knows how to use CS its never gonna be a problem with warriors.

The thing that saves a warrior is with Disc priest, and thats just not gonna be what you are facing or if he losses you but with Healer / Warrior they wont have any DPS if he los.

If you are playing it nice with nukes timing with CS your are able to hit 1800-1900 after a while (MAYBE 2K with lots and lots of practise) but the rouges will remain as your main problem.

The second problem is not what your facing, its the fact that you have to crit alot. You need around 30% unbuffed crit for the lock.

BUT THE MAIN THING REMAINS!! This is the funniest build you can play, you will crit alot and HARD.

Destro lock + fire mage is ok against dual DD teams but you'll struggle against most healer combos. If one of your CC-spells is resisted or interrupted you're pretty much done.

No.

Warriors / Healer or DPS is the esiest for this build. You just kill him off.. no healer can heal against fire mage/destro lock. 10% Fire bonus + scourge bonus dmg & the 10% from warriors abilty also the lowst resilient target makes him very very easy to just kill off.
    Unless it's a pally. Bubble early, spam Holy Light.

But other than that, it's worth a shot - If only for the fun.

we play meleeschami/restroschami, gl beating us xD

firemages in general suck in 2v2. maybe you get to 1800 or sum but no higher. i bet you wont even get that high^^