View Poll Results: Most skilled class?

Voters
1597. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rogue

    169 10.58%
  • Warrior

    126 7.89%
  • Druid

    130 8.14%
  • Hunter

    200 12.52%
  • Mage

    398 24.92%
  • Warlock

    116 7.26%
  • Shaman

    218 13.65%
  • Paladin

    95 5.95%
  • Priest

    145 9.08%
Page 1 of 22
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    So im a little bit curious about skilled classes in PvP. Would be fun to see if a player is killing u because of his skills or the class he is playing.
    What do u guys thing about the most skill dependent class in PvP?

  2. #2
    Warchief Statix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,180

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Mages are very vulnerable, especially against melee based classes that make it nearly impossible to cast spells. Also, they have no means of healing themselves, unless ofcourse you have a racial ailbity, such as Cannibalize or Gift of the Naaru. Furthermore, they depend on mana to much. They cannot dispel dots, only curses. They don't have an ability that fears instantly, instead they have a 2.5 sec. cast spell, Polymorph; great for PVE, but pretty much useless in PVP, because the polymorped enemy gains health at an insane rate. And the only pet they have is a Water Elemental who dies very fast and whoms Frostolt spell doesn't slow opponents.

    Before the Icy Veins upgrade, have you ever tried killing an hunter? That's practically impossible. Not only do the hunter and the pet dps you 2 times per second, they also do insane damage. I mean, 700 + 200 every second? That's a total of 9 seconds to live for a reasonable geared mage. I can go on about other classes, but I think those unfair disadvantages a mage has against all other classes are pretty obvious.
    Statix will suffice.

  3. #3
    Dsswoosh
    Guest

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Destruction Warlock in PvP is the hardest class to play and needs the most skill without a shadow of doubt.

  4. #4

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    lawl @ destro locks in pvp...who does that? mages are the most vulnurable class in pvp. they are masters at doing dmg and crits...but what does that matter with tbc pvp? resilience and such high hp prevents any of that. a good pvp mage consists of strategy of kiting and lasting long enough to take a team down. which takes more skill than most classes out there that aren't so vulnurable to any sorts of dmg

  5. #5
    Dsswoosh
    Guest

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Quote Originally Posted by allenwhoa
    lawl @ destro locks in pvp...who does that?
    Nobody anymore. Because they are too hard too play. Hence why i said what i said. Doh !

    Funny that Blizzard made the 41 point talent in the destruction tree a PvP ability, then made the tree too dificult to play

  6. #6
    Warchief Statix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,180

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    I don't know much about Warlocks, but can't you just dot, dot, dot, curse, Fear, cast whatever you want and then repeat the whole thing again? I think that's pretty easy. Not to mention the pet that gives you certain abilties and deals damage to your enemies.

    Warlock is one of the easiest classes to play. A Warlock has 3? dots and 1 curse he can put on his enemy and then fear him for life, a very short one.
    Statix will suffice.

  7. #7

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Mages hard?

    Try shadowpriest.

    I think destro is tough as hell. Moonkin not easy. feral druids, prot anything, enh shaman is fairly gimped, fury warrior.

    Plenty of bad PvP specs. Enough gear can smooth out some of it. Not all. ^_^



    To poster above: Destro locks can fear, but it has DR, and their DoTs are distinctly less powerful than those specced for it. They also have a cast time. Without soul link it is tougher to survive (read impossible).

  8. #8
    Dsswoosh
    Guest

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Quote Originally Posted by Statix
    I don't know much about Warlocks, but can't you just dot, dot, dot, curse, Fear, cast whatever you want and then repeat the whole thing again? I think that's pretty easy. Not to mention the pet that gives you certain abilties and deals damage to your enemies.

    Warlock is one of the easiest classes to play. A Warlock has 3? dots and 1 curse he can put on his enemy and then fear him for life, a very short one.
    Nope. Destruction Lock = Frost Mage, but without FrostNova, IceBlock, Blink, Slowing Effects or any shields, coupled with the fact that mellee will bring the locks armour to exactly zero.

    In other words the destro lock has no escape spells, no armour, and no resistances. Plus massive spell pushback meaning casting when mellee is on you (with them doing insane damage), is virtually impossible.

    A destruction lock has 1 dot. But its so weak with this spec its not even worth casting.

    If anyone can tell me a harder class to PvP with than a destruction lock, ill eat my hat.

  9. #9

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    All it really comes down to is what class has the most pvp options available to them. Who cares what class has the hardest time (some people here think it's mage). Increased skill doesn't make the mage better, because really, it's so simple to pvp as a mage. You frost nova, frost bolt, blink, ice block & Sheep. Woop-dee-doo.

    I'm gonna go with resto druid. They have to keep themselves up, keep their teammates up, change forms, double CC, kite and nuke when called upon. They also have to deal with HoTs which makes it easy to GIB down whoever they're healing. Coming in 2nd and 3rd would be any other healing spec, simply because they have to think about everyone on the battle-field instead of just their DPS target and healer.

  10. #10

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Destro locks are not that hard to play. They have no abilitys to avoid focus fire and therefore they have a hard time in arenas but on the other hand they destroy nearly every other class/specc in 1v1 situations.

    Personally i think Affliction locks are more difficult to play. Of course it's easy to apply your DoTs, but staying alive until they do their damage is not.

  11. #11

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsswoosh
    Destruction Warlock in PvP is the hardest class to play and needs the most skill without a shadow of doubt.
    Well to be fair, as a Warlock you at least have the choice of spending your talent points wisely for PvP and owning everyone. Just because you choose to spec into destruction does not qualify you for being the worst of anything. And since this thread is about Classes in general (not talent builds), I gotta say I disagree. Warlocks are top game in PvP when Spec'd correctly.

    You have to look at the class as a whole, including all viable Talent Build options, and make your decision based on all factors. Try picking a Mage. Even at our best it's comparable to you being at your worst on a Warlock.

  12. #12

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    The mage. Hands down.

  13. #13

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Destro locks do exist in high rated pvp, but are extremely rare and generally have their entire group built around them. Besides that, the same locks would generally be rated higher if specced affli/destro.

  14. #14

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Ha plz.... i got lvl 70: Mage,Priest,Druid,Warr,Pally,Warloc and shamy.
    And Shamy is the most skill dependent class. You got n cc at all, all you can do is slow. You got allmost no anti cc ore well they got grounding totem. and for spell interupt they got earth schock with 2 sec pushback. The shamay class is gimped. I woud say this class is the most skill dependent class in wow atm. And btw mage aint hard, its easymode compard to shamys.

  15. #15

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Why are people saying locks? Thats just not true, maybe playing destro is hard in pvp because its not really the prevalent pvp spec, thats like saying pom pyro, well yea it would be hard to do well but nobody really does it (at high levels). and resto druids hard?! Srsly the strongest 2v2 3v3 (priest about equal there), because you are more or less immune to interrupts have great CC with no CD and can kite all day. Also i have to disagree that they need to worry about their target being nuked because of hots, u know how hard it is to kill someone with full hots, and then they can swiftmend, NS etc. I would say definitely mage or hunter, mages are very vulnerable to melee, and hunters really need to have good class knowledge to wear down opponents in longer fights

  16. #16

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Quote Originally Posted by Hagen
    Destro locks are not that hard to play. They have no abilitys to avoid focus fire and therefore they have a hard time in arenas but on the other hand they destroy nearly every other class/specc in 1v1 situations.
    Enha shamans are even better in 1v1 than destro locks, but in XvX (X>1) they simply suck: they are way too vulnerable and they have nearly none anti cc abilities, the only reasons some1 may want enha shaman to arena team are purge, earth shock and tremor and wf totems. I'd say shaman is the most skill dependent class in PvP and especially enhancement one.

    The highest rating I've been at with my enha shaman is 1800 and I've played shaman for over 2 years so I have the skill needed.

  17. #17

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    skill dependent? mage would have to be it. lil squishies just run around casting fireballs till a rogue kills them in 5 seconds.

  18. #18

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Quote Originally Posted by Statix
    Mages are very vulnerable, especially against melee based classes that make it nearly impossible to cast spells. Also, they have no means of healing themselves, unless ofcourse you have a racial ailbity, such as Cannibalize or Gift of the Naaru. Furthermore, they depend on mana to much. They cannot dispel dots, only curses. They don't have an ability that fears instantly, instead they have a 2.5 sec. cast spell, Polymorph; great for PVE, but pretty much useless in PVP, because the polymorped enemy gains health at an insane rate. And the only pet they have is a Water Elemental who dies very fast and whoms Frostolt spell doesn't slow opponents.

    Before the Icy Veins upgrade, have you ever tried killing an hunter? That's practically impossible. Not only do the hunter and the pet dps you 2 times per second, they also do insane damage. I mean, 700 + 200 every second? That's a total of 9 seconds to live for a reasonable geared mage. I can go on about other classes, but I think those unfair disadvantages a mage has against all other classes are pretty obvious.
    ur most likely talking about frost mages against bm hunters. but if u played against a marksman hunter (drain spec'd) u shuld win 90% of the time...

  19. #19

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Half of you dont understand the question/are being stupid.

    Destruction Warlock in PvP is the hardest class to play and needs the most skill without a shadow of doubt.
    The fact that you pick the wrong talents does not mean you need more skill to play it simply makes your character unviable in pvp. There are zero destruction locks / prot anything etc etc in decent rating arena.

    And Shamy is the most skill dependent class. You got n cc at all, all you can do is slow. You got allmost no anti cc ore well they got grounding totem. and for spell interupt they got earth schock with 2 sec pushback. The shamay class is gimped. I woud say this class is the most skill dependent class in wow atm. And btw mage aint hard, its easymode compard to shamys.
    The fact that you DONT have abilities does not mean you need more skill to play - think about it ... if you had no abilities at all then you wouldnt have to push any buttons ie. no skill

    There are a limited number of abilities to use for any class and so the skill simply lies in the timing of your abilities and the order in which you use them. Assuming you are clever enough to use the full range of your abilities.

    This is directly related to how many cooldown abilities you have since using them at the right time becomes incredibly important because they arent always available.

    Based on that the mage is the most skill dependant class - they must time most of their abilities perfectly. For example you must use blink and nova very carefully to make sure you never get caught in melee stun - you must time your frostbolts in a 2.5 second gap of not getting hit - you must land your shatter combos - you must keep constant and precise cc rotations - you must worry about dps cc and survival at the same time - you must los locks and hunters - you must land your counterspell at a critical moment - you must keep your shields up - you must worry about your mana. If any of these situations goes wrong then your team will probably lose - every other class gets off alot easier if they make mistakes.

  20. #20

    Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

    Enha shamans are even better in 1v1 than destro locks, but in XvX (X>1) they simply suck: they are way too vulnerable and they have nearly none anti cc abilities, the only reasons some1 may want enha shaman to arena team are purge, earth shock and tremor and wf totems. I'd say shaman is the most skill dependent class in PvP and especially enhancement one.

    The highest rating I've been at with my enha shaman is 1800 and I've played shaman for over 2 years so I have the skill needed.
    There is no way any lock should lose to an enhance shaman 1v1. Enhance shamans DO have anti cc abilities. There are alot of very highly rated enhance shamans in arena (eg. rank 1/2 2v2 Blackout shaman/druid) but I really dont think it takes an incredible amount of skill to play this class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •