Poll: Most skilled class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

skill ?? wow ?? huh ??

I'm assuming that for this poll, the said classes are in their optimal specs in their optimal group set-up for their particular arena event. For example, an Enhancement Shaman in a Trifecta (Warrior/Rogue/Holy Paladin/Disc Priest).

The most skill-dependent class would be the Mage.
    1) Arena is based on survival and endurance. More often than not, the team that loses it's gas (healer mana, or perhaps burst-cooldowns for DPS teams) first loses. Mages have the least endurance of all the classes.
    2) Spell Interruption is a huge weakness to the Mage class, while other classes have an array of instant casts.
    3) Mages are dependent on snares, in an environment where movement is crucial. Most team setups are built around mobility in arena. This is why Mages will never be able to take down Restoration Druids. Ever.
    4) Mages have the least amount of defense, in cloth, as they lack resistances, heals and talents like Soul Link. Their pet is also easily controlled in an arena environment.
    5) They are very succeptible to dispels.
    6) Mages are in fact a good utility class to have in larger Arena events (particularly 5v5) with Silence and Polymorph. Yet even in this case, other classes can completely replace the Mage in the group and do the job even more effectively.
    7) Mages are strong in burst damage, and are reliant on critical strikes. Resilience (and commonly seen teamwork from healers) are more than enough to negate this. Any Mage in the 2000 bracket consider themselves utility over DPS.
    8.) Arena is a sort of a performance, where your team encounters an opposing team and a strategy is implied (on the spot, but sometimes you hope you'd meet the same team again), and usually mistakes are exploited and crucial in deciding the outcome. The Mage class is the least forgiving for these mistakes (and the class that is easiest to screw up)

If you ever wonder why there are so little Mages in the 2100+ bracket, this is why. This doesn't mean there are no good Mages, this simply means they are the most gimped class in arena (2v2, 3v3 and 5v5).

Quote Originally Posted by Kasane
    All it really comes down to is what class has the most pvp options available to them. Who cares what class has the hardest time (some people here think it's mage). Increased skill doesn't make the mage better, because really, it's so simple to pvp as a mage. You frost nova, frost bolt, blink, ice block & Sheep. Woop-dee-doo.

I'm gonna go with resto druid. They have to keep themselves up, keep their teammates up, change forms, double CC, kite and nuke when called upon. They also have to deal with HoTs which makes it easy to GIB down whoever they're healing. Coming in 2nd and 3rd would be any other healing spec, simply because they have to think about everyone on the battle-field instead of just their DPS target and healer.
    Restoration Druids are used in 41% of all 2v2 Arena teams (based on World of Warcraft Armory's census), while Mages are used in 7% of all 2v2 Arena teams. Restoration Druids are unsnarable, their Heals are uninterruptible, their crowd control is undispellable, need I say more?

Take it from me, I've experienced the 2200+ bracket, only losing to two teams for Merciless Gladiator. This season it's not much different.

You cannot simply say that Warlocks are the weakest because of Destruction spec.
    You cannot simply say that Paladins are the weakest because of Protection spec.
    You cannot simply say that Priests are the weakest because of Shadow spec.
    You cannot simply say that Warriors are the weakest because of Fury spec.
    You cannot simply say that Druids are the weakest because of Feral/Balance spec.

ADONAR's post is probably the only right post here. The point is:

DON'T CONSIDER THAT SPEC IF IT IS NOT THE OPTIMAL SPEC FOR WHATEVER YOU ARE USING YOUR CHARACTER FOR.

You wouldn't bring a Frost Mage to raids, and you wouldn't bring an Arcane or Fire Mage to Arenas. You wouldn't bring an Arms Warrior to raids, and you wouldn't bring a Protection Warrior in Arenas.

If you ever wonder why there are so little Mages in the 2100+ bracket, this is why. This doesn't mean there are no good Mages, this simply means they are the most gimped class in arena (2v2, 3v3 and 5v5).
    Mages gimped? Mages are the most powerful arena class in arena when played properly i sincerly believe.

The question is not "whats the most difficult spec", it's "what is the most difficult class." As in, if you were to take a given class and try to advance it to the 2200+ bracket by any spec available, which one would have the hardest time?

And it's mages, although shammys are pretty beat up too.

Darkevader

Quote Originally Posted by Serov
    skill dependent? mage would have to be it. lil squishies just run around casting fireballs till a rogue kills them in 5 seconds.
    Fireballs? Wow.....yeah my rogue does eat those mages up. Spec frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Adonar
    The fact that you pick the wrong talents does not mean you need more skill to play it simply makes your character unviable in pvp. There are zero destruction locks / prot anything etc etc in decent rating arena.
    For all practical purposes, that's like saying "the fact that you pick the wrong class does not mean you need more skill to play it, simply makes your character unviable in pvp.

Your spec and how well you do with it does relate to your skill dependency, however it wasn't the question asked in this thread

i think people arent putting druids jus cuz of resto
    Try playing boomkin/feral
    probaly not the hardest but takes skill to be good at the specs
    http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll261/Lionhert312/Picture1.png

I've got to say, I do think Hunter's are a fairly skill-dependent class in PvP (aside from BMBots using the BigRedPetBuff)

You need to stay at Range rather than in Melee or you're gimped astronimically; and it's not as easy as it sounds. Yes any idiot can stand at range and decimate someone, but if it's a one-on-one fight it's a case of CC against CC.

Shadow priests, Enh shaman, Feral druid, etc.

For every Light, there is a Shadow.

Save Net Neutrality, spread the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkevader
    Fireballs? Wow.....yeah my rogue does eat those mages up. Spec frost.
    I am a rogue, hence why I said that :-*

I have played a 70 frost mage and elemental/enhance shammy, I'd have to say the two of them are rather on par in terms of skill dependency. Shammies have very few spells to work with and timing is absolutely crucial. and considering most of their spells are nature, getting silenced is really annoying because you're left with just flame shock.

Mages have tons of different abilities to work with and can easily be the one of the best pvp classes if played well, but it is definitely alot harder than most people think, plenty of split second timing involved as well.

But then again, are you really asking which class is the hardest to play in pvp or which class is the hardest to reach a high rating?

There is no discussion here. Hunters are far and away the hardest class to play in Arena. Statistically hunters have been the least represented class in high end arena all brackets combined for 3 seasons running. With the high hunter population and the lack of hunters success in high end arena it is clear that they are the hardest to play. Harder to play = less success. There are the few hunters that have gone above and beyond the norm and I believe those players are the most skilled at their class.

or it might just be that hunters are played by the least intelligent people... what with the "zomg easy grind class" mentality

the question was 'most skill-dependant class', not the hardest class

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Try shadowpriest.
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Hunter, easiest to play, hardest to play WELL
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

whats the beating everyone votes for their own class :P

my vote(s) would be

Feral Druid - anyone can just go bear and be a borring killer, but to play it well requires skill, knowing the class, knowing how to maximise all your forms, not just the one with uber armor. rubbish druids charge u in bear form then beat u down, takes 2-3mins a kill. Skilled druids, come at u stealthed in cat, stun you and take of a significant degree of health, wait till their down 3-4k health, maim you, pop up, health, Bear, charge, beat, bash when need to heal, cat form again. They will kill you before you know what hit you, especially if your a clothie

Hunter - Ok, this requires less, but a mediocre amount of skill. Using your pet efficiently, using the right skills at the right time to maximise time you can attack them

Mage - Highly skilled, but also similar to other classes in its the timing of skills

All classes require skill in how you time your skill, no 1 class is harder or easier to play than another, some classes have advantages and disadvantages against others. Its how you manage those that makes you a pvper.

Mage/Lock weakness - Rogues/Druids
    Warrior weakness - frost mages
    healers - rogues/warriors/shadow priests (if they silence)
    etc...

15+ Year Old Account

Whoever is voting mage as the most skill dependant player in pvp is so totaly wrong.

If you want to see the most skill dependant class in pvp you just check the arena stats

Which is the less appeared class/spec in 2v2 at high end rating? This is the most skill based class. I do assume that skill-dependent means a class which dont need to spam a button of crowd control between targets...

So for example,

Resto shaman in 2v2. If you see some in high end rating..these guys are skilled

Theres a lot of ways to answer the OP.

Without the right gear I think a warrior would be very tough to play.
    -why??,because everyone thinks they are cake to kill and without resil they die very easily just keep them ranged.

With all the right gear and extensive knowledge of abilities I would go mage because without a healer they get toasted regardless of the situation.

I find rogues, warlocks, priests, and druids in the hands of capable players damn near impossible to kill. I have yet to meet a ret pally that scared me. I know the gear is getting better for them so that may change with S4