Poll: Rogue mage priest. Who to kill first

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: How to beat RMP

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How to beat RMP

So im doin 3v3 with this setup:

Warrior + Enhancement shammy + Druid

Im the shammy, warrior is just warrior with pvp gear and stormherald, and druid is very skilled.

We just blast 1 dps to death in few seconds, and then 3v2 we win. But we got some serious trouble against rogue mage priest (and paladin). They got so much cc to decrease our dps on running target bij 50% atleast. Not to mention they kill me in seconds after sheep blinding our druid.

So how do we beat them?

Re: How to beat RMP

If the druid and mage both focus me as shaman, the druid needs al his time to heal me. If he cyclones and gets sheeped, he cant heal me, and is forced to use his trinket. When he does that he gets blinded for 9 seconds(overpowered) if that happens im a dead cookie and so is the druid himself. + i cant get to the priest with a rogue on my back. Warrior cant kill priest by himself

uhhh.. poly's on a druid shouldn't be that much of a problem.. what rating are you at?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by victorie
    If the druid and mage both focus me as shaman, the druid needs al his time to heal me. If he cyclones and gets sheeped, he cant heal me, and is forced to use his trinket. When he does that he gets blinded for 9 seconds(overpowered) if that happens im a dead cookie and so is the druid himself. + i cant get to the priest with a rogue on my back. Warrior cant kill priest by himself
    Why the fuck would a druid trinket poly? He can remove it with shapeshift. Why can't you get to them? Your druid can abolish poisons off you. Why isn't your warrior keeping hamstrings up? Sounds to me like none of you has any clue of arena... just go back to raiding, it's more suitable for people of limited skill.

Quote Originally Posted by ragga

u said he was skilled, and now trinketing a poly? o0
    I registered just to say this and you beat me to it :-(

I play RPM, me being the mage. If you go for priest, you better hope the priest is dumb enough to LoS his own mage. Otherwise mage will just switched sheeping your DPS and essentially a 3v2 for the RMP. Go for mage first, but both of you shouldn't charge in at once. Warrior charges in first, hopefully the mage will blink and then the shamen gets on him and the warrior can just intercept back to him. You need to force a very early iceblock. When mage iceblocks, chain cyclone priest, fear him, everything to keep him from healing. You have to get back on the mage the moment he is out of the iceblock. We have won so many matches because our opponents leave me alone after my iceblock. Good Luck.

Once the mage blocks the first time you now have a 20s window to kill him (easily that is). Apart from blink and frost nova (which is difficult without a defensive dispel) he has little escape options.

Why is everyone saying wait for the block to run out? Enhance shaman = purge spam = no ice block.

If the rogue is on you, throw on a shield. If all you do is drop windfury and purge spam the mage your warrior will kill him with minimal dps from you. You're better off reducing the damage you take from the rogue so that your druid can focus on staying away from the priest since psychic scream is the crowd control that should be killing you, not polymorph.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordin
    Enhance shaman = purge spam = no ice block.
    Dammit we learn a lot here! Druids should trinket poly and shamans can purge ice block!!!!!

so you can purge iceblock? :E

[the druid is sheeped] and is forced to use his trinket.
    and druid is very skilled.
    Yeah......about that.....

I bet these RMP teams that face you must be laughing their asses off at a druid who doesn't shift out of poly. I know I would be.

Why is everyone saying wait for the block to run out? Enhance shaman = purge spam = no ice block.

If all you do is drop windfury and purge spam the mage your warrior will kill him with minimal dps from you.

How do you expect a warrior to win 1v1 against a mage? As far as I remember you can't purge ice lances and frost novas, or can they now be purged along with ice block? :P

its possible to purge iceblock because of latency :\

Quote Originally Posted by ragga
    Somehow seriously doubt that...what does latency have to iceblock being immune to purge? o0
    I think it was a joke (ie if your latency is 10K ^^)

funny thread, I wonder if this dude's for real or just clueless...

a druid can shapeshift out of a sheep yes, but a skilled druid doesn't even get sheeped!

RMP running behind druid "nerf nerf nerf"
    you probably have one of the better setups out there to beat them and you fail :
    My Rogue
    altoholic since 2000 (Diablo II release)

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Why the fuck would a druid trinket poly? He can remove it with shapeshift. Why can't you get to them? Your druid can abolish poisons off you. Why isn't your warrior keeping hamstrings up? Sounds to me like none of you has any clue of arena... just go back to raiding, it's more suitable for people of limited skill.
    QFT. you're playing the counter combo to the classes mentioned, you're just playing it like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixor
    its possible to purge iceblock because of latency :\
    you sire, posses a copious amount of fail

Kaxxia

I play sl/sl lock, druid, and me, enh shaman most of the time, but also swap for a warrior. We rarely lose to this setup, and our combo is i, the shaman, stick on the mage, not allowing him to cast much with ES/grounding, druid roots the rogue and cyclones the priest. The warrior could either go on the rogue, putting pressure on the healer for both of his dps, or have the warrior go to the mage during evasion, stick on the mage in iceblock, just have the priest cycloned or intercept interrupted to avoid healing on the mage.

Hope this helps

Deleted

I'm a rogue of a RMP team and we laugh at every single shaman/druid/warrior, shaman/pala/warri team we meet.

we are currently at 2206, and without a single dispell ability you will never catch a mage as an enhancer or warrior

we are at 1700 rating xD and yeh its my mistake about the poly, he doest use trinket on it :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck
    I'm a rogue of a RMP team and we laugh at every single shaman/druid/warrior, shaman/pala/warri team we meet.

we are currently at 2206, and without a single dispell ability you will never catch a mage as an enhancer or warrior
    yeh we tried this with a disc priest to get rid of the iceblock but disc priest failed at healing us

i dont lose to that and i play a disc priest/warrior/(holy pally or resto druid) setup.

once i get the 200 points i lack for the sword my burst gonna skyrocket and it will be even easier.

Deleted

yeah im using my whole pve gear except the insignia and my throwing weapon. ive got several t6 pieces twice which i socketed with ap only and my dual warglaives

the only team we had problems against was rogue/hunter/druid ^^ i got chain CCed >:

I play in ur Fearsome RMP setup and we lose rarely to your kind of setup since we let our rogue play with ur druid while me the mage nukes ur shaman butt, and sheeps ur war. The only occasion we lose is if they manage to full controll and kill our priest. But the right tact is to nuke the mage and control the priest and hope they got a sucky priest that cant even outheal 1 dude on him ^^
    Even if our priest isn`t that pro geared he managed to keep me alive while 2 mages where Shattering me to bits :O.