Poll: Rogue mage priest. Who to kill first

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: How to beat RMP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: How to beat RMP

PLs vote poll, many ppl give me all the bullcrap stories but no answer ;D

Quote Originally Posted by victorie
    PLs vote poll, many ppl give me all the bullcrap stories but no answer ;D
    Read my post on the 1st page you tool. I told you how to play this setup. Also a lot of these posts don't give you spell-by-spell directions, but generally tell you who to go for first.

well my combo usually when everyone isnt on break is shadowburn felgaurd lock and a bm/marks hunter and me a resto shaman. rpm = funny lawl cakes that you eat with thrall, and yes they have sprinkles.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Why the fuck would a druid trinket poly? He can remove it with shapeshift. Why can't you get to them? Your druid can abolish poisons off you. Why isn't your warrior keeping hamstrings up? Sounds to me like none of you has any clue of arena... just go back to raiding, it's more suitable for people of limited skill.
    Jesus, eat a piece of cake for cryin out loud, dude asked for advice, if you have nothing better to do then be a dick. go be a dick somewhere else.
    /and +50 troll points for adding in the pve has no skill

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Always pressure the mage. I'm not sure which class you play but I've played this setup as well as an Enh Shaman. The shaman needs to keep your warrior from getting poly'd at all costs. Try to prevent both of you from getting frost nova'd at the same time, watch the mage's cooldowns. Generally against PMR I tend to wear a shield out to minimize damage from the rogue, if he's on me. Pressure the mage until he gets low, wait for iceblock then cyclone/interrupt the priest, mage dead.

I've found an awesome counter combo to RMP is our team : MM Hunter, Disc Priest, Demon Lock w/Felguard and trust me that Mage/Priest go oom VERY fast. Far as the Rogue if he's Sub/ShS/Prep then that's the biggest problem since we can't bleed him and force him out of 2 vanishes (unless he's Dwarf, stoneform ftw). Another combo I've seen work is BM Hunter, Elemental Shaman and Disc Priest.

Your best bet is a drain team, and the best part is viper sting will keep them oom when applied if they're oom. Your probably better off going Elemental since you will have really nice burst from range and use a shield for physical damage mitigation. Even with high resil being able to get a 100% crit can on a target can make or break a match.

It's a tough cookie cutter 3v3 team but a good drain team can rock RMP. Though we might have it easy vs RMP, there are other team combo's that just piss us off royally, why I don't play 3v3 with my Druid.

About the purging iceblock part, you don't need 10sec latency to do that. I run (well... ran) a holy pallie on 150-200ms. Got my divine shield purged at least twice. If a purge hits your bubble buff between the keypress and the actual bubble around you, well... you are not immune. But, as an extra gift, you do have a nice 1 min of forbearance > I think it's the same with iceblock.

That being said, relying on that crazy amount of luck (since you yourself have latency too) is just dumb.

mm hunter + sl/sl lock + resto druid

mm hunter/disc priest/resto chamy

the chaman heals, while the bloodlusted priest manaburns with the hunter helping to drain.

MAges goes oom in a few seconds,n then juste drain the priest, its almost a guaranteed win

(but this setup is pretty weak against druide/War/rogue ou lock)

as RMP team, we suck against:

Warrior + Enhancement Shaman + Druid

insane damage on our Priest

Its not that hard the only thing what is major important against a team with this setup is CC. If you dont have any CC you will loose for almost 99% Guaranted witch mean you can never aim for 2k rating or higher Everyone is saying that iam playing with the most crappy setup ever Mage ( Counterspell imp ) Druid ( Cyclone ) Paladin (Bloodelf) That means Aoe counter. We just start playing in this setup we aimed for 1700 and we are up @ 1781 atm because of the good CC. If you got a mage in your team then sheep the priest and nuke down the mage etc etc.

Its not the worse setup tbh

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyjoe
    mm hunter/disc priest/resto chamy

the chaman heals, while the bloodlusted priest manaburns with the hunter helping to drain.

MAges goes oom in a few seconds,n then juste drain the priest, its almost a guaranteed win

(but this setup is pretty weak against druide/War/rogue ou lock)
    Works much better with druid instead of the shammy.

mage first. Always.
    switch to priest on ice block and switch to mage when he comes out (unless priest is about to die wich is unlikely)
    My Rogue
    altoholic since 2000 (Diablo II release)

Quote Originally Posted by Ordin
    Why is everyone saying wait for the block to run out? Enhance shaman = purge spam = no ice block.

psychic scream is the crowd control that should be killing you, not polymorph.
    1. yes sure and divinie shield is also purgeable (only few know)
    2. yep because shaman doesn't have any totem to break fear instantly after it is dropped

i know why i still read those threads, it's just entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Why the fuck would a druid trinket poly? He can remove it with shapeshift. Why can't you get to them? Your druid can abolish poisons off you. Why isn't your warrior keeping hamstrings up? Sounds to me like none of you has any clue of arena... just go back to raiding, it's more suitable for people of limited skill.
    You sir are dumb. You say PvE takes no skill? How much skill do cookie cutter teams in imbalanced brackets really need? 2v2, lawl imbalanced=zero skill. 3v3, some skill but still imbalanced and 5v5, el o el melee train teams, drain teams or 3 healer teams. Come on, L2play before making an ignorant comment. You're probably just pissed because your're still working on killing Void Reaver.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed
    You sir are dumb. You say PvE takes no skill? How much skill do cookie cutter teams in imbalanced brackets really need? 2v2, lawl imbalanced=zero skill. 3v3, some skill but still imbalanced and 5v5, el o el melee train teams, drain teams or 3 healer teams. Come on, L2play before making an ignorant comment. You're probably just pissed because your're still working on killing Void Reaver.
    Maybe the 2v2 ladder got a few overpowered setups, such as druid / warlock. But still, to master this setup takes alot of skill, even though it's easyer than other setups. It's easy to get 2000, but higher than that you need to be skilled, no matter what. So please don't say it takes zero skill, because it doesn't. 3v3 aint imbalanced at all. If you want something in this game to be more likely "balanced" PvP wise, it gotta be the 3v3 ladder. Besides it gotta be really hard, barely possable to make that different classes that balanced. Anyhow, i know your just arguing for that ridiculous comment that guy did, but your post weren't any better.

Ive beaten RMP with priest, rogue shammy and with Warrior Lock Priest

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr
    Ive beaten RMP with priest, rogue shammy and with Warrior Lock Priest
    Who hasn't beaten MRP? 90% of the ladder is MRP now, nobody can suck so hard that they lose to every noob MRP. It's actually harder setup to play than most people think.

RMP suxx very hard against Hunter/Rogue/DPriest, Healadin/RestShamy/Warrior, and some others

but against these two, don't even try to find tactics or anything, /cry for your points...

we can't say 3v3 is unbalanced though, because RPM has it easy against many other teams, but when the game become luck with the teams you meet, insteead of skill during the fight, this get a bit boring...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed
    You sir are dumb. You say arenas are all about setup? Of course they are a bit about setup, but so are raids. Have you ever done Illidan with 15 moonkins? No? Thought so. Like lawl SSC = zeroskill, easymode. you can do it in pvp gear and spec. BT/Hyjal, some skill but still easymode with bossmods telling you what to do and when. And Sunwell, lol it's all about proper raid setup and consus. L2P before making an ignorant comment. You're propably pissed because you're stuck at 1500 rating.

And yea, I have already killed Void Reaver! And Illidan! And Archimonde! Boom, headshot. That shit was too easy tho so I moved to arena, which I felt far more challenging and fun after spending countless evenings raiding.