Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+ButtonFacade

I'm currently using Bartender3 and cyCircled but I'm thinking about upgrading to Bartender4. I believe cyCircled doesn't work with BT4 but ButtonFacade does. Anyone try the Bartender4 + ButtonFacade combo yet? Is it worth the time/effort to upgrade?

Forum Links (includes DL links in first post):
    BarTender4
    ButtonFacade

Edit: I'm a noob. Fixed BarFacade to ButtonFacade and included DL links. Sorry about the confusion.
    Horde reconnaissance at best:

Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+BarFacade

I've switched from BT3/CC to BT4/BF.

IMO wait until the hiding of text and the FadeOut option are there before converting.

I will say the configuration as it is now is a lot better than BT3.

I've had some problems with BT3. For example when I play on my Spriest my main bar wont automatically switch when I get in/out of shadow form. Also I cant just copy my default keybindings into the BT3 interface. Little things like that.

Where can I find BT4 for download? Cause I'd be willing to try it out and give some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Exziel
    I've had some problems with BT3. For example when I play on my Spriest my main bar wont automatically switch when I get in/out of shadow form. Also I cant just copy my default keybindings into the BT3 interface. Little things like that.

Where can I find BT4 for download? Cause I'd be willing to try it out and give some feedback.
    http://files.wowace.com/sw-b.html (near the bottom of the page)

I don't shift forms so I don't have a problem with the action bars switching. I'm actually more concerned with the switch messing up my other mods that use cyCircled/BT3.

Not quite answering your question, but I personally prefer Bongos3 over BT3 or 4 (used BT3 for a long time, almost a year). Quite a bit nicer of an interface, and have had it work quite well for Priest forms, druid forms, etc. Just a suggestion.

So I downloaded BT4 and I couldn't get it to work. I took out BT3 and when BT4 was enabled my bars were the in the middle of the screen and I couldn't even figure out how to get into the option menu =/

So I downloaded BT4 and I couldn't get it to work. I took out BT3 and when BT4 was enabled my bars were the in the middle of the screen and I couldn't even figure out how to get into the option menu =/
    try upgrading other mods/addons...

I had similar problem and my menu for pitbull wasnt showing, ace2 upgrade helped though.

BT4 introduced a click to set key-binding system, type /kb to access it and then you can mouseover a button to set it's keybinding.

You can download it here: http://files.wowace.com/Bartender4/Bartender4.zip

Type /bt4 and unlock them.

BT4+BF works like a charm, on a sidenote autobar and buffalo are also compatible with BF.
    The latest versions of Autobar aren't compatible with CyCircled anymore and the author (same as BF/BT i think) isn't intending to allow it to work with it either, so if you use a combo of those mods I'd go for BT4/BF.
    Hover-over keybindings was a really nice feature in Trinity which I kinda missed back when I switched, and its nice its possible again, tho its only a one-time thing anyway.
    The only mod I used for which I havent found an update to work with BF is trinketmenu but its not a huge problem atm as i dont switch trinkets as much as I used to.
    I did some initial fiddling around with custom textures for BF and its very (inexperienced) user friendly, so overal its well worth checking it out imho.

Definately looking forward to downloading both and testing!

anyone has link for BarFacade or whatever it is?

http://www.wowace.com/wiki/ButtonFacade
    Very very hard and rare to find. >.>

direct link: http://files.wowace.com/ButtonFacade/ButtonFacade.zip

i switched yesterday and experienced no problems (hunter, druid, warri tested).

System: i7 @ 8x4.5ghz / 8 GB Ram / Win7 64bit / ATI 6950 / 128GB Samsung 840 SSD
    TheIceMan Hunter H@Eredar
    Zôhan DK A@Frostwolf
    Ices Warri A@Frostwolf
    BamFixOida Schaman A@Frostwolf
    Achillees Druid A@Frostwolf

thx... I couldnt find anything named "BarFacade" :-\

I used to be a Bongos user but I found that Bongos consistently broke nearly every patch. Since I made the swap to Bartender3 I haven't noticed that happen, so it either didn't happen or once at the most and I forgot.

Because of the 2.4.2 release I have decided to completely update my mod compilation and swap some older/deceased mods into newer alternatives. I am a huge ckknight fan and I use nearly all of his mods. I am currently configuring Bartender4 and ButtonFacade with this compilation. I use Fubar and typically access mod configurations from Addon Preferences but one of the above posters is correct. It does not appear that there is a tie-in for BT4 or BF with Addon Preferences. You will need to use /bt and /bf to open the appropriate mod configurations.

So far DrDamage is working fine with BT4. I believe the only other mod that depends on the Action Bars for me is CoolDownCount. I should have everything configured tonight for my new compilation and will report any issues, if any, I have with BT4+BF.

Quote Originally Posted by Laur
    The only mod I used for which I havent found an update to work with BF is trinketmenu but its not a huge problem atm as i dont switch trinkets as much as I used to.
    New TrinketMenu was just updated yesterday... still too bad it's not on WOWAce.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/675/
    Still has a sizing issue, but it works well and has an options menu now. You can also set the trinkets to change for you and setup a screen notice to display when certain trinkets are ready. Work around for the sizing issue is just move it away from other buttons, resize it, and move it back.

As far as mods go... I recommend using WAU. It updates all your mods for you that are Ace2. I use Warp13's Ad free version of it.
    http://www.warp13.co.uk/wowaceupdater

The only other mods I use outside of Ace2 are stored in my favorites on Curse and I use their downloader as well. So it's basically 2 things and I'm done updating everything.

I do read about new mods all the time and I am authoring two new mods right now. I used to author alot more but have a real job now, so....

Anyways, hope the links help. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Laur
    BT4+BF works like a charm, on a sidenote autobar and buffalo are also compatible with BF.

Very important info ... will try it out right away.

I would like to note that my initial response was based of the assumption that you aren't having any issues. I totally recommend switching to BT4 if you use BT3, but just know that a few key features are missing in BT4 (that are coming!) that are a major holding point for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Juht
    I used to be a Bongos user but I found that Bongos consistently broke nearly every patch. Since I made the swap to Bartender3 I haven't noticed that happen, so it either didn't happen or once at the most and I forgot.

Because of the 2.4.2 release I have decided to completely update my mod compilation and swap some older/deceased mods into newer alternatives. I am a huge ckknight fan and I use nearly all of his mods. I am currently configuring Bartender4 and ButtonFacade with this compilation. I use Fubar and typically access mod configurations from Addon Preferences but one of the above posters is correct. It does not appear that there is a tie-in for BT4 or BF with Addon Preferences. You will need to use /bt and /bf to open the appropriate mod configurations.

So far DrDamage is working fine with BT4. I believe the only other mod that depends on the Action Bars for me is CoolDownCount. I should have everything configured tonight for my new compilation and will report any issues, if any, I have with BT4+BF.
    You can type /ace3 to access a configuration window similar (actually it has a better feel to it) to the Rock configuration window.

Quote Originally Posted by septor
    I would like to note that my initial response was based of the assumption that you aren't having any issues. I totally recommend switching to BT4 if you use BT3, but just know that a few key features are missing in BT4 (that are coming!) that are a major holding point for many people.
    Thanks But as with Window's Vista I'll wait till all the options/bugs are worked out. I hate redoing all my bars. My UI's like a damn jigsaw puzzle.

Deleted

Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+ButtonFacade

can you use ButtonFacade in combo with Buffalo ??

i realy want to change the skin of that one