Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Season 4 armor sets a dissappointment

I have been looking forward to seeing what all the new armor looks like and it seems to me Blizz took a lazy cheap way out of it.

I mean what are we playing? World of warcraft or runescape? All the armor in certain sets looks the same except for a slight color change, and little neck helm things have never been a warlock trait....I dunno it seems like they are being cheap on us with this. Its just like the Quel'Danas badge items....they all look the same.

So whats the deal, is this game slowly turning into a better looking runescape? Where a armor switch simply means that you have a diffrent color armor? Basically the classes have lost their individual look at this point. We all are gonna be undistinguishable at a glance. This is saddening.

Re: Season 4 armor sets a dissappointment

I don't know if you played the game pre bc but all the high warlord gear looked the same all the aq gear looked the same and so on

I didnt, and from the sounds of what you say it must've sucked. The Season 1, 2 and 3 gave all the classes a individual look...and I think its gay that they are reverted back to 3 basic looks.....seems kinda lazy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsbane
    I didnt, and from the sounds of what you say it must've sucked. The Season 1, 2 and 3 gave all the classes a individual look...and I think its gay that they are reverted back to 3 basic looks.....seems kinda lazy to me.
    S1-3 is a copy of T4-6 with some slight colour changes; so its nothing special designed for pvp. And based on the rating requirements there wont be anyway many ppl running around in this gear. And ya, I see my 15 dollar per month better invested in Wotlk than in a shiny S4 Armor which most ppl cant ever get.

This has always been the way.

S1 is T4, different color.
    S2 is T5, different color.
    S3 is T6, different color.
    And so on.

Blizzard have said that the main reason for doing this is so you can easily see what gear level a character is at when you pass them by in the world.
    If you see someone in the T5 shoulders you are meant to presume that they are carrying T5/S2 quality gear.
    Its very useful in BG's ofc.

Well yea, its a different color from tier but none of the pvp armor between "classes" looks the same. In the Season 1-3

Either way it seems to be somewhat of a ripoff

It's really not a huge deal... if you don't like it, don't get it, stats aren't a giant upgrade.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by boylips
    I don't know if you played the game pre bc but all the high warlord gear looked the same all the aq gear looked the same and so on
    pre bc, alliance and horde had different set, and that was cool imo

There were no new 'sets' released with sunwell. "Tier 6.5" armor was given a new look because, well, it's new, but they didn't design class-specific looks for sets because there are no sets. So, what you have to ask yourself is this: would you prefer the recolor of tier 6.5 like we have now for the S4 gear, or another recolor of tier 6 just so that you get your class specific look?
    Church: There's no "I" in team, Grif.
    Grif: Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. THE TEAM SUCKS!

Deleted

Anyhow, the reason s4 looks like sunwell is, just because the art team in blizzard is 100% working on wotlk.

Peace.

The armor sets are pretty bad

Deleted

So whats the deal, is this game slowly turning into a better looking runescape? Where a armor switch simply means that you have a diffrent color armor? Basically the classes have lost their individual look at this point. We all are gonna be undistinguishable at a glance. This is saddening.
    Never, ever, compare any real game to Runescape.

tis a complete joke.. the sets look horrid and the re-use of PvE sets and the same armor sets for horde and ally ruined so much this game had to offer.. As for the crap a few of you guys have said "The Art Team is working fullout on WoTLK" what you fail to understand is as a matter of fact there reusing T3 sets for WoTLK they will no doupt reuse all the PvE Tsets as the PvP sets and they will more then likely now adopt this "caster sets all the same, melee classes all the look the same" crap there art teams are more likely drinking beers looking up all the warcraft models / textures and renaming them frosty-crappy-axe-of-the-bear-from-3-years-ago-recolored-blue.

Blizzard have got lazy and all the care about it seems is MORE MORE MORE MORE.. quality doesn't seem remotely on the agenda since were 4-6months away from the end of TBC and they've yet to fix game breaking issue.

Quote Originally Posted by emulous
    tis a complete joke.. the sets look horrid and the re-use of PvE sets and the same armor sets for horde and ally ruined so much this game had to offer.. As for the crap a few of you guys have said "The Art Team is working fullout on WoTLK" what you fail to understand is as a matter of fact there reusing T3 sets for WoTLK they will no doupt reuse all the PvE Tsets as the PvP sets and they will more then likely now adopt this "caster sets all the same, melee classes all the look the same" crap there art teams are more likely drinking beers looking up all the warcraft models / textures and renaming them frosty-crappy-axe-of-the-bear-from-3-years-ago-recolored-blue.

Blizzard have got lazy and all the care about it seems is MORE MORE MORE MORE.. quality doesn't seem remotely on the agenda since were 4-6months away from the end of TBC and they've yet to fix game breaking issue.
    Yeah because obviously, armor sets are the only thing the art team has to design for WotLK. Forget about the whole new continent and dungeons they need to design.

Rogue s4 doesnt even look so bad, just hide the helm and u will still be badass.

I know im gonna get major flames but it was worth it :P

Edit: Only cloth is being F'ed in the A. for being 3 classes that look the same with minor differences, yeh well i can understand the QQ's. Plate looks OK, Mail looks Meh, but still not to bad, and Leather is ok 2 (hide the head) but again, cloth is really really bad.

actually thats exactly what i think about hunter's aswell, i think the main problem with the sets are really the heads, the shoulders and colours are fantastic in my opinion

Well yea, its a different color from tier but none of the pvp armor between "classes" looks the same. In the Season 1-3

Either way it seems to be somewhat of a ripoff
    Since there is no T7 before WOTLK but certainly S4 they based S4 on the looks of sunwell Items for each class. When look at the loot tables of sunwell bosses you will find that each leather "set" and each cloth "set" looks alike. There is Plate Gear with Warrior Tanking Stats and Gear with Paladin Tanking Stats.

The reason that the pvp items look alike across classes is just that the pve items also look alike. Maybe you should do some research before you start bashing on new items.

And to be honest ... why should the badge vendor items look anything special? They kept one consistent style across those items, for example the healing mace and the feral staff ... and the crossbow and fistweapons. These items do not look as fancy as sunwell, bt or even naxxramas loot because they are just badge items. Also, sunwell shields, offhands, etc. all carry the same look much as the badge gear from the zul aman patch resembled the zul aman drops and gear "sets".

Again, there is no real T7 set in PVE and since PVP copies the PVE look ... you figure it out.

w/e rogue and druid are proly the gayest looking off the sets.

Either way its very uncreative and retarded...

And the excuse that they are putting their effors on lich king is stupid. If they can't go 100% into a project they are releasing to the game then they shouldnt do it at all.

Its pointless anyway, when they reach WotLK no one is gonna be doing pvp anyway, and it will be obsolete at level 80 anyway.

So why do you worry about it that much? You are calling it a big disappointment ... since weeks the armor skins have been on the front page and now you start complaining? Like I said, PVE and PVP both do not have many different looking items to choose from in sunwell and yes, the leather sets on tauren look pretty dumb (compared to maybe t5 shoulders which are pretty badass on a druid).

Anyway, maybe you should check out some greens and blues and details on old t1 to t2 sets and you will find out that the amount of gimmicks and texture quality has improved a great deal since the "vanilla wow" times.

Maybe you are too spoiled by awesome t5 and t6 looks that you fail to realise that these new sunwell loots have their own style and look pretty good. Its just a matter of taste ...

w/e rogue and druid are proly the gayest looking off the sets.

Either way its very uncreative and retarded...

And the excuse that they are putting their effors on lich king is stupid. If they can't go 100% into a project they are releasing to the game then they shouldnt do it at all.

Its pointless anyway, when they reach WotLK no one is gonna be doing pvp anyway, and it will be obsolete at level 80 anyway.

This is such a rude and stupid post...

1) The sets look gay? Well they are not based on an official 'set'. If there was T7 in TBC, you can bet the sets would have looked MUCH different and MUCH better. I refer to the post made above about the AQ sets, all the same with different color. And even some of those little sets from Naxx. All I can say is that they could have done a lot less for the offsets, so we should be greatful for what we have.

2) Uncreative and retarded... Well this is the fourth time this has happened, T4=S1 T5=S2 T6=S3 T6.5=S4, so really it was nothing out of the ordinary. In a way I do agree that maybe they should have made a cool new set, but they did not; and weather you or I bitch about it won;t make a lick of difference. If you are REALLY opposed to it why dont you get a modeling program and make your own set pieces for all of the classes then send them to Blizz. I would bet that if you did a fantastic job on all of them they may implement them. Retarded? Only stupid people use that word when they have nothing creative to say. Oh and above all else, S4 isn't even out yet, it could still change, you don't know till it goes live.

3) They have already given us many many things along the way throughout TBC. If 100% on WotlK translates into a better, more enjoyable game upon release then I am all for it. While you are waiting why not explore some of the hidden gems that WoW and TBC has to offer, classic runs, off content that many players overlook. Im sure you will get some gear you have never seen before, and they would satisfy your urges right?

4) That last sentence does not even make sense... no one doing PVP? I, and many others, plan on getting a 75k cap + all marks before WotlK goes live, and 5000 arena if I can. And it will be obsolite? I think not, from what I hear the new PVP will be amazing and I look forward to it on my toons.