Page 1 of 3
LastLast

You are prob gonna LOL at this question but..

Is there any battlegroups out there that alliance and horde have a equal chance at winning. Or is it that every battle group in wow has horde winning majority of the time?

Re: You are prob gonna LOL at this question but..

lol

Yeah it's called every battleground.
    Aside from AV map differences.

It doesn't matter where you are you're gonna have the same chance to win as you would anyehere else.

its also about who you roll with. Me and a rogue mate dont die much, depending on your class I would recommend choosing someone at the start of a bg and stick together.

sure alliance suck, but not all of us. It makes it easier to top stats!

Quote Originally Posted by Snazz
    Is there any battlegroups out there that alliance and horde have a equal chance at winning. Or is it that every battle group in wow has horde winning majority of the time?
    Yeah - in the Batlegroup I have my hordie! There allies always wins (well, not quite always, but too many times)!

More seriously, Blizzard stated that rarely the "imbalance" went over 55%.

Quote Originally Posted by Punx
    EOTS is completely balanced...
    WSG sorta is too,
    AB gives a slight advantage to Horde being that LM and GM are slightly closer to them.
    And AV I have no clue...Alliance whines about losing but Horde never win on my Battlegroup (cyclone)
    I'm in cyclone as well on 2 servers, 1 as horde and 1 as alliance and I can say that when I play alliance on Perenolde we usually win 97% of the time and when I play horde on Stonemaul we usually win around 90% of the time.

I don't get it really I don't but eh I'm not complaining really.
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

Quote Originally Posted by Punx

AB gives a slight advantage to Horde being that LM and GM are slightly closer to them.
    I always go LM at start, charging out, as soon as gate opens. I usually seem to make it to flag first with horde showing up within a couple seconds....but not always.

I would guess it depends on certain varibles...getting jump out of gate, Paladin aura, mount emhancements, who takes the most efficient route, lag/latency..etc.

In my battlegroup Horde seems to dominate AV and WSG with Allies dominating EOS and AB. But there are short, odd streaks where it will be the opposite.

My theory is that the Horde in my battlegroup generally take the slow, deliberate, methodical approach and Allies generally go for the all or nothing, big, quick win. I think AV and WSG are less forgiving to mistakes and the safer approach wins out. Where on the other hand, EOS and AB are more conducive to an aggressive/chaotic playstyle.

But it also depends on the amount of class balance, gear, skill, experience, teamwork, and AFKs etc...each side has. Teamwork probably being most important. Its all about the mix. If some people are determined to play aggressive and some want to play safe, the styles can clash, people argue, and the game goes bad. But if majority can rally behind one style/plan, the game goes good for their side. I also seem to have different luck at different times of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirax
    I'm in cyclone as well on 2 servers, 1 as horde and 1 as alliance and I can say that when I play alliance on Perenolde we usually win 97% of the time and when I play horde on Stonemaul we usually win around 90% of the time.

Dont forget that some players do make a big difference in something as small as WSG, where 2 players are enough to win a game.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cirax

Stonemaul isn't on Cyclone.

't is on US...

Khody

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias
    Dont forget that some players do make a big difference in something as small as WSG, where 2 players are enough to win a game.
    w0rd.

all you need is a prot specced paly or warrior, a rogue and a shaman and you can win any game.

The bgs win balance is pretty much the same across the board cause ally outnumber horde like 2-1 in the best scenario which is largely US. EU I think its closer to 3-1 check out the notes from blizz at the last blizzcon for better numbers.

Also both factions suffer from bg campers/afkrs, the activity is not as bad as used to be but it is not eliminated entirely, So to boost your chances of dominating a bg make it a premade and que together every chance you have otherwise load up your favorite playlist, wreck shop, and ignore the whiney kids in raid chat.

Phoulmouth

ANYTHING that requires alliance to come head to head with horde is gonna favor the horde. In an AV were horde dont defend anything alliance will always win, everything else we are the under dogs. And dont for a second think that this is because there better players, there not! The horde racials in PvP are just overpowering hands down, it gives them a HUGE advantage.

Pretty balanced, thou I think we win at av much more often than horde. Just take 1 friend with you and win every battleground

nice trolling, this might aswell be just another one of those "alliance always wins" vs "horde always wins" whinefest
    My Rogue
    altoholic since 2000 (Diablo II release)

either side can win, its just dependant on how many non retarded healers and full s3 people you have
    in terms of healers, allys tend to have more druids, horde tend to have more pallys (personal exp)
    just take a druid and mage/rogue and some 2-3 other healers, and you can win most BGs (+ a tank in AV)

One thing that also might matter is; How many nine-year-old-wankers who is in each team during a fight.

I tend to win almost every game I enter

In my battlegroup "blackout" horde tend to win most. for example it took me 6 AV's yesterday to get a win. Today it was 4 AV's to get a win.

In WSG, AB and EotS but my mod tells me I have around 20%-25% win ratio so I'm loosing 3 in every 4 I play. Having said that I don't really enjoy pvp and only do it on my various toons for a couple of items. i.e. Glad swords on a my ropgue for example are about the best in game I'm likely to get as my guild doesn't let alts into 25 man raids. Anyway ... point is rarely do premades or play with friends I just jump into random BG's and very rarely does the group follow and tactics or strategy etc etc. So I guess I'm asking for trouble doing BG's this way.

My tip is play BG's later in the evening don't play Sunday afternoon and you'll get destoryed as Alliance does seem to have a "noob" factor during the day. If its kids or just people afking I don't know. If you play a game about 10 pm onwards you can sometimes get lucky with a decent group of players or better still jump into guild premades when they finish there main raids.

I remember once I did a WSG and everyone else in the team was fro the same server and in the same guild so of course we won it 3 nill in about 5 minutes. Luckily I queued myself up and got in the same premade twice more! Was a nice 15 minutes but about the only 15 minutes I've ever enjoyed in WSG

I figure if your playing BG's at 2 in the morning your probably a bit more "hardcore" and serious than the Sunday afternoon crowd.

My battlegroup "Rampage" EU sucks.

In AV It's 50/50 but EVERY AB/WSG/EOTS we start outnumbered 10-3 or 15-5.
    By the time we get a full team Alliance has already won.

GG Blizzard queue system.