Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: SK Gaming vs KJ (They used an exploit)

tbh, "Clever use of game mechanics" is a nice way of saying exploit, the same way gentle caress is a nice way of saying fuck
    So using certain potions on Gruul 1.0 was a exploit as well?

If anything, it's a design error. What if the encounter was intended to be this way?
    Besides, they only used what, 1 mage? so it's a piss poor execuse to be envy.

Standing on top of a rock in Nefarians room, shooting and evading spawns can be explained with the same bullshit reasoning, "just using class skills" while it very obviously was an exploit.
    In their video there is no spawn at 25% while the Inner Sanctum video shows images up at 25% and SK also has a raid warning for them, they just do not pop up. Clever use of game mechanics is one thing, using game mechanics to skip something in an encounter that is obviously meant to happen is something very different. At least they are moving on very thin ice there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    So using certain potions on Gruul 1.0 was a exploit as well?

If anything, it's a design error. What if the encounter was intended to be this way?
    Besides, they only used what, 1 mage? so it's a piss poor execuse to be envy.
    If you're implying that I am envy over a guilds first kill of an NPC, you're way off. Killing Kil'Jaeden or any other boss encounter in WoW will never be impressive to me, so I couldn't care less which zuperawezumguild gets the first kill, or why they get the first kill.
    All I'm saying is that people are splitting hairs to get it their way, and it's a pointless discussion as to if what they did is considered exploiting or not, because neither of the two parts in the discussion is going to have any success in knocking their opinion into the other parts thick skulls ^^

Yes, but in this case we're not talking about opinions.

A exploit in a mmorpg is something very explicit, and using a class-ability is not a exploit and never will be a exploit.

A hunter soloing Azuregos because mend pet was affected by +healing was not a exploit either. Or that the game mechanics made King Gortok run up and down some stairs, allowing a hunter to pet kite him and solo him (same trick repeated in CoTurnholde) was not a exploit either.

The OP is either a troll, or a envy looser. I wasn't reffering to you.

So....are these the same people who said MC'ing spellbinders in LBRS for the FR buff was an exploit?

Quote Originally Posted by Toast515
    So....are these the same people who said MC'ing spellbinders in LBRS for the FR buff was an exploit?
    Yes, definitive. Or a "next generation" as I think the majority of the trolls aren't old enough to remember this :-)

this has to be the saddest post ever

Yes, definitive. Or a "next generation" as I think the majority of the trolls aren't old enough to remember this :-)
    I may be new to posting here, but it warms my heart to know some people remember "LF1M UBRS, need key"

Good times, made good money on exploiting that key :>

And when you finally got one, the requirements was:

1) Summon to instance
    2) 10g pr. member, so 100g totaly (which was alot back then)
    3) Portal back to Ironforge/Orgrimmar

Good times. My longest UBRS run took just over 5 hours, and today people think raiding 3 hours in a row is hardcore

2 people changed out before Rend
    - Getting new people
    3-5 people leaving after Rend
    - Getting new people
    2 people leaving after Beast
    - Getting new people
    Another 2 people leaving before Drakki
    - Getting new people
    Wiping on Drakkisath, another 2 people leaving
    - Getting new people
    Finally killing or giving up.

Classical UBRS pug, max 1-2 people of the orginal group when the instance ended.

As much money as my old LW'er made making that exploit cloak needed so you don't have to exploit and hide on the throne to survive Nef?

Reading throught the posts my opinion kept changing..

I don't know that much about Kil'jeaden but are those adds hard to kill? Cuz if they wouldn't be hard I can't see Iceblocking as an exploit.. But however if you Iceblock to PREVENT the add from spawning, Thats a bugg, And abusing buggs is called exploiting.

Also the hunter mend pet stacking with healing thing? Wasn't that a bugg? If it was, The hunter was abusing a bugg, Meaning he was exploiting.

I'm completly neutral here.. For all i care My little pwnies would get the kill.. But I'm just thinking that if they exploited.. which they did in my opinion if the provided information is right.. they shouldn't deserve the kill.. Also.. Saying that you can't exploit on a first kill is utter bullcrap. They knew that the adds wouldn't spawn when they used iceblock/Bubble, So they are exploiting the bugg.

Feel free to troll
    Soon: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, or future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

In the realm of online games, an exploit is usually a software bug, hack or bot that contributes to the user's prosperity in a manner not intended by the developers.
    Quoted from wiki

Using an Iceblock to remove a debuff is not an exploit, it's like using your iceblock to get out of the Demon Chains on Illhoof yet I see no complaints there. People here are just jealous jerks looking for ways to declare someone better than them failures.

Also even if this was not the intention of Blizzard it's still not an exploit, they'll just have to fix it to the way they wanted it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kaib
    Clever use of game mechanics is one thing, using game mechanics to skip something in an encounter that is obviously meant to happen is something very different. At least they are moving on very thin ice there.
    Yeah, just like Decursing at Atumen
    or Shackling the Adds for Moroes
    or Dispelling Holy Fire in the Maiden of Virtue Fight
    or Disorienting Strawman by doing Fire damage
    or Using Fear Ward for the MT in the Nightbane Fight
    or Using (an amplified) Curse of Doom for a 30k+ hit on the Curator
    or Iceblocking/Shielding in the Demonic Chains of Illhoof
    or Shapeshifting out of Arans Sheep
    or Let a Rogue enter the Green ray at Netherspite
    or The whole raid standing in the doorway, to avoid Malchezaars Adds

or using Iceblock/Shields/cloak of Shadows to remove Burn at Brutallus

ALL is exploiting or what?

why the hell shouldn't make you a spell, which makes you immune to EVERYTHING, make you immune against a cast against this target...

As much money as my old LW'er made making that exploit cloak needed so you don't have to exploit and hide on the throne to survive Nef?
    Ssh! We don't talk loud about the throne trick.

... besides, I thought they fixed that bug?
    I'm still using my Onyxia cloak for tanking on Illidan

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Huffy
    After some thinking I have concluded that this is not an exploit, it's a Bug.
    Blizzard will most likely fix it, yes. But using iceblock can not be classified as an exploit.
    They are taking advantage of a bug. They are NOT doing something that was not meant to be done, Blizzard made Kil'Jaeden do something/don't do something that was meant to be done. There is a significant difference.
    I'm not commenting on this particular case but, in general, "taking advantage of a bug" is the definition of an exploit.

Whether it's a bug or not is up to Blizz. In general though you may get away with exploiting up to the point they declare it an exploit unless it either affects the world or benefits you hugely.

Approximately as much money you made exploiting the fact you could make the cloak so people didn't have to abuse a bug to survive Nefarion.
    I'm lying about the money part though, probably made alot more, but sssh, don't tell anyone! :<

I'm not commenting on this particular case but, in general, "taking advantage of a bug" is the definition of an exploit.
    Can you prove they used ice-block on purpose ? Or perhaps just used it to avoid tanking damage, or as aggro dump?

No you can't, thus it's not a exploit. It's not like they MC'ed a Sentinel in TK to kill Voidreaver with -.-

Ssh! We don't talk loud about the throne trick.

... besides, I thought they fixed that bug?
    They may have, last time I set foot in BWL was pre TBC. I should see if I can get ahold of some of my old raid and see if we can throw a BWL raid together for old time's sake. Recently did a full clear Naxx, and it was nice to see the Kel'thuzad fight for once, sadly, we could never get passed Saphy.

Can you prove they used ice-block on purpose ? Or perhaps just used it to avoid tanking damage, or as aggro dump?
    Iceblock doesn't to an Aggro dump, it just makes you INVULNERABLE, thats why the mobs run the the 2nd in the Aggro-table, who hopefully builds up some aggro while the mage is blocked, if he doesn't the mob will run just back after the iceblock...