Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: SK Gaming vs KJ (They used an exploit)

nothing wrong with using ice block tbh in my opinion. it just making use of all the game skills and mechanics, think of it this way, in order to get ice block, which would have limited use against KJ normally he had to sacrifice a skill point which would have increased his damage, therefore he sacrifices damage for security. What he is doing is perfectly legit and they deserve their first kill status.

If you remember the same argument came when nihilum killed Vashj, everyone saying it was a exploit that allowed them to kill here, no it was making use of game mechanics and a bit of luck.

In order to use this as an exploit the user would have to have a high degree of luck on 2 accounts, 1 to time it perfectly so kj did the summon while they were iceblocked. And 2nd that kj even focused on them. chances are KJ will focus on 1 of the 24 other people in the raid

15+ Year Old Account

You still missed the point.

World first means: the first time that a boss goes down. Period.

Actually, SK's probably greatest rival, Nihilum, commented on this topic. Kungen stated that a first kill is a first kill. Referring to (I think I remember it correctly) Twin Emperors, he recalled when they were first killed using something everyone recognized as an exploit. Still, these were his words, they got the boss down first and it will remain so no matter what. Edited to state: He was actually defending another guild, not justifying himself.

Whiners should probably just let it go and start to be real.

Did they took KJ down before everyone else? Yes.

Was that IB thing an exploit? We will see. It's up to the Leading Devs to decide. Even GMs can say what they want, they are NOT those who will change things.
    It gets changed, ok, then it was exploiting an unintended factor.
    It doesn't then it's legal.

EITHER WAY, they made him eat dust before anyone else. End of discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

dunno if it got posted earlier, cba to to scan 10 pages,
    but do I remeber reading that Nihilum got world 1st on Vashj through an exploit ? (something to do with D.I'ing and SW'ing Vashj at 1% hp ?)
    ..and that stood.
    Tbh kudos to SK for using it, because as it was still like a brand new boss, for all we know, could of been an intended strategy, who knows

i thikn ot was method who got the vashj world 1st by bugging fearward so the striders could be tanked, or something like that

Using Ice Block for this is smart and nothing more or less. That's a intended use for Ice Block. Want proof? When a Mage goes into Ice Block and someone attacks or tries to cast on him (enemy) it says Immune. The same thing happened it was simply Kil'jaeden doing the casting. There is no possible argument at all to this. It's 100.00000000% legit kill. Even if Blizzard removed the strat it couldn't be considered an exploit because the function is well within the intended function of the ability.

http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_m...shj.jpg?630938

thats the pic of nihilum bugging the world first vashj kill,

no to stick up for anyone on bugging encounters but its pretty damn easy to doctor a pic to look like anything a still frame realy isnt proof of shit nowadays

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/GM_about_KJ.jpg

Feel free to keep your theories going, its a fun read. )

Quote Originally Posted by Kierran
    no to stick up for anyone on bugging encounters but its pretty damn easy to doctor a pic to look like anything a still frame realy isnt proof of shit nowadays
    I was merely saying I had read it somewhere before,
    and gave the link to the pic, incase of all the "SS or it didn't happpenz" people.

Hmm

On a world first kill..

No Strategies have been released

SK is experiencing the encounter first hand not knowing what abilities can be used, spells be cast etc etc.

They used what they had to hand, on their many attempts to kill Kil'Jaeden a mage Ice Blocked and no adds were spawned. On realising this SK made their Mages Ice Block when the adds were meant to spawn to use abilities provided in the game to counter a spell being used.

If a Mage Ice Blocks when s/he is targeted by Moroes and therefor avoids the Rend should this be classed as an exploit? I would say not. If Blizzard decide that this was not as the encounter was meant to happen then they will say so. After the announcement regarding the 'bug' is released, then any guild using the method will be Exploiting a bug. However any guild doing so before hand will have been affected by a bug not exploiting it.

LOL this thread is dumb please remove it, i mean seriously come on

so a mage and pally use there brain and its an exploit

Someones jealous

Thread locked, do I really have to explain why ? :/