Thread: Shamans are OP

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quelldur

Re: Shamans are OP

Quote Originally Posted by Migerhorns
    Shamans... Not OP

Maybe Enhancement is OP, but if you look at Resto and Elemental, there is no OP in that.
    Almost every caster / healer class has some way of keeping their enemies at bay for at least 6 seconds. Were shamans have no way at all.
    Druid - Cyclone, Roots
    Paladin - Bubble
    Priest - Fear Bomb
    Shaman - War Stomp???, that's for taurens only.

I do admit that mages need love, they are very squishy, but warlocks... No. I do understand that warlocks would complain that mages got the buff and they didn't (It's like a kid who complains to his mom that his brother got icecream and he didn't) So bliz had to include them.
    Resto shaman has many ways too keep enemies away. If he need it at all.
    Ok here we go:

1. warrior - i laugh at them, earthbind and gw + 50% duration of hamstring, they just cant do any damage to me, they loose all rage to recast hamstring, and i am 20% faster, yeah intercept, but thats not good enough. And i press "V" to see their health and kite them around pillars.

2. rogue - if he is with healer its easy, he just cant kill me fast enough, and poisons dont have effect, and 50% duration of Deadly throw. Rogue is problem with 2dps team, like mage/rogue, and i had some prob with s priest/ rogue.

3. mage - in most cases goes with rogue, isnt easy, but they cant heal so if i play good with grounding, purges we may win.

4. lock - also hard with priest or druid, only way is waiting lock loose mana.

5. hunter - not problem at all, my mana is always full. I remove posion in sec, and pet recharges my mana,

6. paladin - retri, well i can purge BOF and slow him, and i go gw so he cast stupid justice. Well its less damage, to me.

7. druid - feral??? lol , boomkin? i dont see many, well i dont have to run from them, but i have grounding and shock.

8. shaman - enhc? well he is hard, but he is first target of my warrior so its not prob. Ele? i dont see guys in 2vs2.

9. priest - shadow? hard with rogue, actually its more warriors job then mine.

So as u can see, i (mostly) loose from mage/rogue, warlock/druid, spriest/rogue.
    I am not talking theoretically, i am talking about what is really happening to me in arena.
    So far i beat every warrior/druid, my warrior kills druid much faster with hero and wf, then other warrior kills me.

greenmasheen

i have 1v1 resto shamans with my druid in mostly non pvp gear... its not hard. we have better mana regen and mitigation in bear form. as long as you keep a lifebloom up you will win the fight against any purging.

that and all the so called hacks we are said to have. ;p

having a warrior on the druid is a very good idea... i really didnt arena much on my druid, but i dont think hamstring is able to SS out of, and dmg prob wouldnt be that good against an arms war... not to mention the stun resist.

Quelldur

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    i have 1v1 resto shamans with my druid in mostly non pvp gear... its not hard. we have better mana regen and mitigation in bear form. as long as you keep a lifebloom up you will win the fight against any purging.

that and all the so called hacks we are said to have. ;p

having a warrior on the druid is a very good idea... i really didnt arena much on my druid, but i dont think hamstring is able to SS out of, and dmg prob wouldnt be that good against an arms war... not to mention the stun resist.
    WTF are u talking about? 1vs1? Resto vs Resto? PVE gear? Didnt do much arena?

I'd say the biggest weakness of a shaman is not the missing CC. It's the absence of instant casts (tm). Arena is a fast paced game. And every thing that has a cast time simply sucks. Even 1.5 seconds can be too long for a team that knows what to do. Sure you can go for fake-casts. But this will cost you even more time thanks to GCDs.
    This is one of the reasons why druids are so strong. You cannot counterspell/kick/pummel/whatever a HoT. It's easy as that. Not to forget that instant HoTs allows you to do other things will regenerating life.

Dear Blizzard,
    Nerf Rock, Papers fine.
    -Sizzers

Quelldur

Quote Originally Posted by woeye
    I'd say the biggest weakness of a shaman is not the missing CC. It's the absence of instant casts (tm). Arena is a fast paced game. And every thing that has a cast time simply sucks. Even 1.5 seconds can be too long for a team that knows what to do. Sure you can go for fake-casts. But this will cost you even more time thanks to GCDs.
    This is one of the reasons why druids are so strong. You cannot counterspell/kick/pummel/whatever a HoT. It's easy as that. Not to forget that instant HoTs allows you to do other things will regenerating life.
    U mean instant healing? Because we have shocks, they are instant with 6 sec cd. And all totems are instant. If u think about healing, yeah. We got only earth shield, and nature's guardian in resto, and NS. Other speces dont have any instant heal.

Quelldur

And btw we have cc lol.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Stoneclaw_Totem

hahahahahahaahahahahahahah

stoneclaw work on hunter pet in arena btw.

RandomTroll

Quote Originally Posted by Quelldur
    And btw we have cc lol.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Stoneclaw_Totem

hahahahahahaahahahahahahah
    Shammys burst dps will need to be toned down alot if you get more cc abilities.

Imagine a shammy having stuns that dont break on dmg, its bad enough that rogues have this, but shammy mellee burst is easily the best in the game.

What kind of cc did u want?

Imho opinio, shammys need to have abiliites to allow them to be able to be cc'ed less, not have more cc abilities themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTroll
    Imho opinio, shammys need to have abiliites to allow them to be able to be cc'ed less, not have more cc abilities themselves.
    I would love to see shamans get some sort of "chance to reflect CC effect back to caster" ability. We could still be CCed, but it would force our opponents to decide if the risk is worth the benefit.

Or they could apply it to our totems: destroy earthbind and risk an AoE root effect, destroy tremor totem and risk an AoE sleep effect.

Quelldur

Quote Originally Posted by Rambobarbq
    stoneclaw work on hunter pet in arena btw.
    it doesnt if hunter directly ordered pet to attack me.

Quote Originally Posted by matzumo
    agree though naxx geared arms warrior could solo gank an entire GY in WSG, with a healer of course. Some classes was more OP than others
    quoted for comedy and nostalgia, also - who says that you can't do that now with full arena set?

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by Quelldur
    WTF are u talking about? 1vs1? Resto vs Resto? PVE gear? Didnt do much arena?
    1v1, meaning a resto shaman vs a resto druid...

Quote Originally Posted by Alchiadus
    SS probably means shapeshift.
    yeah i know what it means but.... ANY snare effect can be shifted out of :P
    any half - decent pvper should now that off by heart
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    yeah i know what it means but.... ANY snare effect can be shifted out of :P
    any half - decent pvper should now that off by heart
    can SS out of poison, and hamstring i believe. also, curse of exaustion.