Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WWI Schedule and Live Stream

The schedule for the Worldwide Invitational is now available, we can expect the Diablo 3 big announcement @ 11:45 CEST time. While we wait for the announcement let's bring the teaser to the top of the homepage.

Official site teaser/splash screen - Day 5
    This is the last day before the WWI, the eyes in the middle of the screen really start to look like the Lich King's ... However the creature artwork has been fully uploaded (we're not sure if it's an error or not) and we now have the full picture available.

The splash screen
    This is the most obvious part of the teaser, a huge picture of a block of ice slowly cracking to reveal what seems to be a face. Each day a rune was added to the ice.
    • Day 1 - The first rune looks a lot like the one found on the Lich King swords in many official artworks.
    • Day 2 - The 2nd rune is the Hel Rune from Diablo 2
    • Day 3 - The 3rd rune is the Protoss Symbol found on the Starcraft 2 official site
    • Day 4 - The 4th rune hasn't been identified yet, and what looks like the eyes of the lich king appeared in the center of the ice crack.
    • Day 5 - A new rune has been added and looks like a viking compass. The eyes started to glow, the creature artwork from the CSS files is now complete. The runes also started to glow, you can compare these screenshots : Screenshot #1 / Screenshot #2

Note about the streaming
    You will need the Octoshape plugin to open these links and watch the event.

If the links below don't work, just right click, copy the link location, and open it with Windows Media Player (makes sure the Octoshape plugin is running first, if it's not just start it from your Start menu)

[center]Streaming - Main Stage

Streaming - Tournament Stage

Schedule

Re: WWI Schedule and Live Stream

How does that time translate to US time?

Quote Originally Posted by slacker142
    How does that time translate to US time?
    5:45 AM start time.

Set your clocks.

Also, "US time" doesn't exist. 5:45 AM EST, 2:45 PST

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    5:45 AM start time.

Set your clocks.

Also, "US time" doesn't exist. 5:45 AM EST, 2:45 PST
    thats what i meant, us time zones

5 am huh, UGHHH. Oh well, TGIF! Maybe this means I wont have to wait as long to get an announcement for this new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tergeron
    5 am huh, UGHHH. Oh well, TGIF! Maybe this means I wont have to wait as long to get an announcement for this new game.
    Gona suck when all it is is the release date for WotLK lol

So glad I'm on the west coast... 2:45 is much easier to stay awake for than 5:45 :P

uh.. do you need to pay for that plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by Haq
    So glad I'm on the west coast... 2:45 is much easier to stay awake for than 5:45 :P
    Same here =P but couldn't you just Sleep and wake up early?

setting alarm clock for 5:30 lol goin to sleep in just a bit >_<

before that anyone know how to make that Octoshape plugin run in VLC Media Player rather than Windows Media?

LvLing

Resto

Quote Originally Posted by Haq
    uh.. do you need to pay for that plugin?
    You can grab the plugin here: http://www.octoshape.com/plugin/get.asp

omfg no way I hardly wake up 11:00 am EST on saturday :-[
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

Anyone know if it is possible to watch both at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoia
    Uhg guess i wont be sleeping tonight.
    i wont be sleeping more than 5 hours tonight...which with a nice Peppermint Mocha with an extra shot of espresso will be enough for me lol.

...but with all honestly why did they have to choose Paris xD

LvLing

Resto

there might be some problems with the link setup. While trying out the links on octos website to test the plugin, windows media player opens by default and plays fine. Clicking these links how ever wants me to open up an asf file. manualy choosing media player to be the one to open it, media player complains its an unknown format and cant play it (The difference being, I expected it to attempt to connect and fail. However the current result is not even being able to read the network connection settings from the asf file.)

Is there a way to watch both streams at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Bilo
    Is there a way to watch both streams at once?
    ... use 2 computers?

oh shnazz...spoilers..

So, from how, how long is it till the entire thing starts? <_> I'm getting half an hour but i'm sure that's completely wrong.