Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Few questions about 1800+ arena...

Last season, 2000 in a few hours was incredibly easy, but there were also a lot more teams with high ratings. It's only been a week, so getting to 2k is a lot slower, as you get a lot more 8-10 pt wins, instead of 15-16 pts.

The guy above me gave a lot of good advice, but other than judging justice on druids, judgements are generally a waste of mana. 300 mana for Seal and Judge of light, and considering the slow swing speed of a 2h, it will probably only heal for around 1k, whereas even a FoL with MS up will hit for about the same, but for less mana. A judge of righteousness for damage can help a lot more, for the same cost, if you have extra mana to burn.

And again, with the gemming, and gearing in general, I find that I can run around with 4set/4set (PVP/T6) with absolutely no problems, and that's with only about 250 resilience. Double dps teams are pretty much the only teams that will focus you, and even with 490 resilience, you don't want to be tanking damage anyway, since your heals are so easy to interrupt. Learning to kite and stay out of los of drains/damage are probably the best skills you can learn.

All that said, the warrior's skill is probably going to be the biggest factor in your success.

I can say that I only somewhat agree with the seals and judgments from the previous comment. The reason I bring that up is because you may have some situations where an there is an extended period of time where you won't be in range or won't be able to stop and throw a heal. If you can get Seal of Light off in the beginning, the warrior will just keep it up himself with all the melee he does (slow attack speed or not). 300 mana up front won't hurt much. If you are being purged constantly, it costs more to keep casting BoW or Righteous Fury on yourself multiple times.

Just remember that what your partner does will determine your moves. That is why it's so critical to get a good partner, and make sure you have good communication. Your actions have to reflect his.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Glaphy
    Right.
    Paladins SUCKS..
    You are moron if you picked paladin over druid,
    We(pallys) are dieing in arena if we just click wrong. Druid is resting with his warrior at 2,5k rating with NO SKILL!!
    Pallys that have 2,2k rating gotta do everything perfect to won an game.
    So dont bullshit like you can have 2000 rating in one day. That if fucking impossaible. Stupid liers.

Quote From Kaneshiro
    "Liking the idea about getting the 2v2 rating up to 1800+ and then jst 3v3ing for points. By the way, how the hell are people getting 2800+ ratings in arena"

LOL Or wintrading or wintrading.
    Cmon face it guys, Im pissed like most of holy paladins in arena. I JUST GOT SICK that i must do everything perfect. FOR FUCK SAKE.

Excuse me for yelling and abusing. I just got enough of these bullshits.

*Respect*
    So you're bad but still want high rating?

well paladins dont "suck" in 2v2, 3v3 for me 2k rating is possible in 2h... if u cant do it just l2p i had 2.320 rating 3v3 (9th place in balackout eu. )with my pala when we made a new team it was at 2.1k in around 3h and now we have 17th place but dont play to mutch
    ps. war,pala,rogue owns war,dru,rogue well every thing with a druid tbh

Couple of points for you sir:

1. Lose the axe. Seriously that's probably the worst spec for arenas. The problem is with the availability of PvP gear through honor, 95% of serious teams you need to beat are going to have upwards of 400 resilience, which just kills axe spec warriors (just like it does every other crit-dependent class/build). Mace is by far preferred by most high-rated warriors and for very good reasons. It seems like you've been doing your research so I won't bore you with why that's the case.

Even if your warrior can't get the S3 mace, he can either settle for S2 (for now) or powerfarm his way to a Stormherald. It's a little costly but well worth it (my warrior ended up blowing about 5500 gold for BS powerleveling, crafting Stormherald, and getting an executioner on it). 2x mace stuns is just delicious.

2. Get ready for a rather long learning period. As others have mentioned, paladins are kinda rough to play in 2's. That doesn't mean it can't be done, but don't get discouraged. You're going to need a lot of practice. Also, you will be depending on your warrior more than other healers because paladins are arguably the most CC-able healers.

3. Practice certain necessary moves in BGs until you get them down perfectly. I'm talking about things like your warrior intervening you when he gets low on health, you bringing the enemy close to him so he can hit them with piercing howl and sweeping strikes, eating hunter traps for your warrior, getting a BoSac up on your warrior as soon as you see a polymorph going off, etc. These are some things that while you can learn in arenas, it would be more efficient to practice them together in BGs. You are definitely DEFINITELY going to need these combo moves to get to high ratings.

4. Duels! I hate them but you know what? They really do help. Grab some friends and go outside Orgrimmar and duel them. You don't need to necessarily win the duels, just get familiar with what other classes can do to you and how to counter them. If you learn to survive for 5+ minutes then you're probably ready to hit that rating that you want. As a healer, it's all about survival.

The good news for you is that the infamous Druid-Warrior combo should be rather easy because of your JoJ. Plus the opponent warrior will have a much harder time killing you, than your warrior killing the druid.

To wrap it all up... paladins don't suck. No class really does. Some just take more work and coordination to succeed. Hell... somebody linked a video of 2300+ rated enhancement shaman in 2's a while ago. That's while pretty much 99.9% of enhancement shamans QQ how gimp they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahura
    To wrap it all up... paladins don't suck. No class really does. Some just take more work and coordination to succeed. Hell... somebody linked a video of 2300+ rated enhancement shaman in 2's a while ago. That's while pretty much 99.9% of enhancement shamans QQ how gimp they are.
    Quoted for the fucking truth, I wish there were more players like you, not like 90% of the QQing community.

sorry but you warrior sounds like one of the warriors the ez-moded with a druid. Mace is THE spec you`ll need as paladin warrior, in 5s its not as good but in 2vs2 youre potentially stunlocking a healer (one half of the team) 100% of the time, along with HoJ you can take someone out 100% (also good for interrupting casts even if it is a kinda random factor) Taking it into his own hands and then going for something silly (resillience negates the extra crit from the spec) proves you`ll need to get a better warrior. Apart from that nothing else to add to what the others have said, judging justice on a druid is win, you can almost watch them mouth "WTF IS DIS"

Quote Originally Posted by Sceifo
    Win trading is not possible anymore.
    ??? sorry, bit of a nub on arena rules since I just play normally, never change teams or anything. Why is win trading nolonger possible, and how does it work exactly? surely u cant be certain to meet same team ?

Deleted

Keep the info coming guys, the help is really gonna play a beneficial factor in my climb to hit high 2v2 ratings. As i have mentioned before, for now, i've got a load of mates (RL mates) that i jst mess around in rated 3v3's with. I'd love to get into bigger teams for higher ratings, but im concentrating on 2v2's for now seeing as its quite a bit more challenging and as far aways from the PvE feeling as possible.

Going to respec soon, got plenty of gold for it so not at all bothered about that respec issues, i'll give the aura and cleansing reduced mana cost a try, and get rid of the 4/5 toughness to get back precision for landing more HoJ's. Recently powerlevelled Jewelcrafting to 355, lots of blue gems in bank to slice+dice but no rec's in AH worth wasting my blue gems on, so waiting for the rec's / running normal MgT for the better selling/more beneficial gem cuts. I'll also look into loosing some of the res gems/enchants. I do love having immense resiliance, and its going to be a shame to see it drop below 400 again but again, plenty of gold to spend should i feel the need to bump the res again.

2 requests; - Any advice on half decent GREEN/BLUE/PURPLE gems that are worth using as PvP-Holy?
    - Anyone found more useful info/tactics on dealing with immense crits from frostmages? (Still seeing crits on me for 2500-3000+)

Lots of usefull information going down in this thread, hope others are picking up hints/tips as well

Ok, so firstly I had a quick read through others comments and I would like to tell you to totally ignore the comments about "palas suck" etc, I know lots of ~ 2.1k rated paladins in 2v2 and it is very achievable, just like anything thats new to you, all you have to do is research, pactice, discuss and go practice some more

Now I dont have much experince as a paladin but I am a Healer and can help you on your path to improving yourself in someways. Now there are many keys to been succesful and they are in many different ways.

1. I would say it is extremely important to set up a good interface, with all the needed addons, and layout that leaves your screen clean and easy to view, with info on all the things you need to know, If you wish for a list of addons or anything like that just ask and I will provide them. Also if your not using key bindings, learn to, I know when i swapped, it only took a couple of days to get use to, and you can see a vast improvement of your skill and reaction time, it will improve you as a player (also a mouse with many buttons is a great option if your will to pay for it).

2. Watch a large amount of videos around the combo you used, see how the paladin heals and reacts to different combos and events, its great to not only read on things, but to see them, not only knowing your class ad combo is important, but how other combos and classes will react to you, and what they will try against you -
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/

3. Check up on strategies, they can provide detailed info on how your combo is strong/weak, and how to handle yourself against the different combos in arena, i would check out -
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/strategy/
    And dont just read pala/warr section, look through the other strats and go to the pala/warr section there.

I would also check out the Macro section in there under the General and Paladin part.

Now I have no idea what you have researched yourself, and I havent read all replies on this thread, but these are the different things I used to improve myself as a healer in pvp, and you are welcome to check them out also

Hopefully some of this has be of use to you, Good Luck on improving your rating!