ShS Rogue + SL/SL Lock vs Rogue + Mage

Hey.

I'm an SL/SL Warlock playing with a Shadowstep Rogue in 2vs2. We both got good gear but we have problems vs Rogue + Mage and Rogue + Disc Priest. What should we do vs those teams? Especially vs the Rogue and Mage? We tried to go for mage but he iceblocks and his Elemental + the Rogue is eating me up. We tried going for the Rogue but he uses Evasion/CloS and the Mage just sheep one and the other gets fucked, usually me. Also tried to CC one of them but they can easily break it with CloS and Iceblock.

What to do?

Deleted

Re: ShS Rogue + SL/SL Lock vs Rogue + Mage

Dunno tbh which one to dps/cc but atleast cc one apart, fear, blind+sap etc, also use the felhunter's devour magic on the polymorph's. Also lock should banish the elemental, just see to the mage with a cc or silence or something like that so he doesn't cs shadow school because that kinda sucks big time.

vs mage rogue dot everything up and run like pussy around pillar to dodge mages dmg till your rogue helps u run away from rogue
    vs disc rogue from what i know they are your biggest counter

Quote Originally Posted by Militriax
    Hey.

I'm an SL/SL Warlock playing with a Shadowstep Rogue in 2vs2. We both got good gear but we have problems vs Rogue + Mage and Rogue + Disc Priest. What should we do vs those teams? Especially vs the Rogue and Mage? We tried to go for mage but he iceblocks and his Elemental + the Rogue is eating me up. We tried going for the Rogue but he uses Evasion/CloS and the Mage just sheep one and the other gets fucked, usually me. Also tried to CC one of them but they can easily break it with CloS and Iceblock.

What to do?
    tbh, as the lock, I would think this would be best strat to try against rogue/mage (albeit its a tough comp to beat). I would say avoid as much direct dmg you can by LoSing the mage as much as possible till the rogue opens on you (a.k.a. stay near a pillar/coffin/etc). once their rogue opens on you, have your rogue open on thiers and the instant your rogue gets a kidney on theirs, you should have your pet silence the mage and cast a fear on him... he'll most likely ice block this fear and your dots. then blow death coil/fear again and if he trinkets it then you get a free blind/vanish/sap on him, which should give you plenty of time to finish the rogue... all in all theres no healer in that comp so if all else fails dot the shit outta both and pillar hump like crazy. and as aforementioned, if possible banish the pet so he can't range nova you... and I'm sure you know enough to summon a voidwalker if given the chance in order to sac it. GL

Quote Originally Posted by Militriax
    Hey.

What to do?
    that shouldnt happen, your warlock should be using his felhunter to dispel sheep from himself and you
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

lol, warlock > mage
    Rogue = Rogue

What should be the problem, o.O?
    + you have fear, so dont forget to spam with it.
    As far as i think you should go dot both, and go on mage, and your rogue on their rogue. felhunter on mage also.
    You have hs. They dont.
    After you fear rogue he will use trinket then your rogue should blind him. And that should be gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaphy
    lol, warlock > mage
    Rogue = Rogue

As far as i think you should go dot both, and go on mage, and your rogue on their rogue. felhunter on mage also.
    You have hs. They dont.
    After you fear rogue he will use trinket then your rogue should blind him. And that should be gg.
    I have fear which I can't cast with a rogue on me that is hiting/kicking/stunning all the time + a mage with counterspell and a water elemental. Sure we have HS but they have ice block CloS and evasion.

Thanks for your tips everyone please come with more especially people experienced with this combo and more for the priest/rogue aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaphy
    lol, warlock > mage
    Rogue = Rogue

You have hs. They dont.
    /agree, u need to keep your rogue on his rogue, that way u wont suffer to much from spellpushback etc, if u desperatly need to get a fear on the mage use spell lock on him so he cant counterspell u (time it right though, cuz with the pet and his ice lances hammering on u, u might still have some pushback causing the fear casting to be longer then the spell lock.) also keep devour of auto and use it to dispell sheeps, use spellstone to get out of frostnova and stuff. I dunno about your gear but for me this works fine.

as for the priest/rogue, it also depends on your gear (and your rogue's,) if you can suffer the rogue's damage long enough then you and your rogue can kill the priest (keep controlling him though, dont let him get away.) use a chainstunn, then counterspell and deathcoil, that should keep him from healing. you can also try to cc the priest in any ways possible, but i'm not a great fan of that so i can't really explain how to do it.

The mage + shs rogue combo is pretty easy tbh.

Your rogue should try to stunlock the other rogue and you as warlock should just dot them up and cc the mage all the time. This will avoid them for doing too much cc on you and your rogue.

ps: Let your rogue open up on the other rogue when he gets visible, that's quite important!

CoT on mage, CoT on pet, at least siphon life on all three, preferably full sets of dots on all three. Save devour for sheeps, unless the mage is neglecting to sheep, then devour frost novas. Counterspell first frostbolt, death coil second. Try to LoS.
    DO NOT trinket the kidney shot. Save it for a frost nova that you can't dispell or can't stop the frostbolt.

Basically, Keep tongues up all the time (even if the mage decurses, that's a GCD not casting frostbolt). Kill rogue first. Lock down the mage.