Need Add-on: Enemy attack info

Hey fellow MMo'ers,

I am on my character, a 70 resto shammy, 2100+ healing unbuffed, just so we got that on the table

What i am looking for, is an addon, that displays timers for my enemy's attacks and special attack cooldowns..

Let me describe it like this.. a 5 man instance group, like SP... the first pull, with 3 bok lords.. Let's say we get 2 x sheep on the 2 adds, not needed, but we do, just for fun..

Now, the tank should have aggro from 1 mob.. This mob's abilities is in general melee / nature dmg, and the occasionally Disease..

What i would like, is an addon, that first of all, tells me about this mobs CD on the disease it can cast,

At the same time, it would be more than awesome, if the addon could tell me when the next melee hit would hit the tank.. Like a casting bar for melee hits / auto attacks from a mob..

Does anyone know a addon that works something like this?

What i wanna use it for:

well, in general, it would just be nice to get info on a mob's attack speed.. This way, any healer would be able to start his cast, even thou there's still 1,3 sec till the dmg will hit... I know, this kind of knowledge comes with time.. but would just be cool imo, to have an addon that works like this... Does it exist??

Best regards,

Gandorr

Re: Need Add-on: Enemy attack info

spam chain heal and you'll be fine :\
    Gladiator Lifehammer - 80 Holy Paladin - Dark Iron PvP
    Antihammer the Flawless Victor - Unholy Death Knight
    Rival Unholyheals - 70 Shadow Priest - Dark Iron PvP

With all that info you could just write a damn instancing bot :s
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Poster #2 and #3, really, what did you guys expect to get as a reply to this?? Stupid, none-solving, unintelligent and kinda waste of time, to post replies like that..

If you got nothing good to add, then say nothing at all..

I still would like to see if anyone knows an addon like this... and poster #3, no, i'm not asking for a instance bot, what the hell would the fun be in that? No i'm asking about an addon, that would optimize my my timing, and reduce my overhealing, thus increasing my effective healing, and effective-HPS... Has nothing to do with bots..
    #2, Geeh, really? So overhealing shouldn't worry me? And nor should MP5? Wauw, you saved the day *clap clap* I wouldn't ask for this, if i wans't in somekind of need for it.. If the solution was just to spam chain heal, why would i post here?? silly replies.. WTB serious answers..

The NPC's do these attacks on a completely random basis. Making an add-on like this will require a lot of work. Most units' spell and abilities have indeed a cooldown. But they are not spambots. With that I mean that they don't use the ability when the cooldown is over. And thus it's really hard to make an add-on for it. And if you only have an add-on for the cooldown part, you'll still be surprised by the fact that it's 10 seconds later then the cooldown. So I don't think that an add-on like this exists.

Making these things for bosses are more easier for most of their abilites are timed to make them harder/easier. And I must be honest that it shouldn't be needed to have an add-on like this anyway. 5-man instances are easy enough like now. Take for instance the Bog Lords in Underbog, you should simply know they hit hard. That's all you need to know, will just require some extra healing

There's more to this game than just having a timer for everything.

Even the common ones like Debuff-Timers (e.g. for Scorch's Fire Vulnerability debuff) are a waste of MiB if only people would start to think. A 8-1 rotation becomes 10-1 if you stack enough haste, but people always want it the easy way. As if some classes were not easy enough to play.

Do your healing job and dispel/stomp poison cleansing totems as needed, not as indicated by some crappy timers.

I'd be very interested in an addon that displays what spells a creature has.

I haven't found one, but if anyone knows about an addon like this please reply. =)

Quote Originally Posted by sander3991
    The NPC's do these attacks on a completely random basis. Making an add-on like this will require a lot of work. Most units' spell and abilities have indeed a cooldown. But they are not spambots. With that I mean that they don't use the ability when the cooldown is over. And thus it's really hard to make an add-on for it. And if you only have an add-on for the cooldown part, you'll still be surprised by the fact that it's 10 seconds later then the cooldown. So I don't think that an add-on like this exists.

Making these things for bosses are more easier for most of their abilites are timed to make them harder/easier. And I must be honest that it shouldn't be needed to have an add-on like this anyway. 5-man instances are easy enough like now. Take for instance the Bog Lords in Underbog, you should simply know they hit hard. That's all you need to know, will just require some extra healing
    Yeah well, i know about the CD's, would still be nice to know, that atm i should not worry bout this mob, cuz it's ability is on CD.. And yes, i know, that with the current stats i have, i could just basically spam heal my whole way throu most of the game.. But, to me, it's more of a challenge knowing why, and exactly when to throw a heal... Sure, i could just pop my cleansing totems, and spam heal my max rank chain heal, and never see the tank be under 100% hp for more than 2 seconds at a time.. But i'd rather not.. I'd rather throw heals, which i know is timed right... E.x. If you could have this addon on prince, it would also tell you info about his attack speed, in all phases.. Which, to me, could be Nice-2-Know... But don't get me wrong, as some of you already have, This information has never been Need-2-Know for me...

I don't know.. Maybe it's just me, who likes to have all sorts of information.. I'm just thinking of a better way of understanding crit lines on bosses, and CD's on flurry's / Inc. attack speed / Parry attacks.. It's not an addon which would be totally usable in every situation u get in the game.. But with some nice info as the above mentioned.. But i guess it just doesn't exist..

And please, Do reply if anyone knows an addon like this.. would be very gratefull

and Please, Do NOT reply with tips on healing, telling me not to do this, or to do that... I know how to play my shammy, and i do a very good job.. Don't have any trouble with the healing job itselve, nor do i have Manaproblems.. But i Do have the hunger, for optimizing my eHPS, which is why i request this addon..

Quote Originally Posted by algeo
    I'd be very interested in an addon that displays what spells a creature has.
    MobSpells essentially builds a database of what spells mobs use as you encounter them. I'm not sure it its still functional or what... but regardless it just tells you about the spells, it's not going to try and indicate when they're incoming.