Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Take the arena rating off my pvp gear !

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07
    Blizzard should of made gear like this.

PR

3k shoulders
    2.9k weapons
    2.8k chest
    2.7 helm
    2.6k legs
    2.5k gloves
    2.4k thrown
    2.3k boots
    2.2k wrists
    2.1k belt
    yeah that's pretty stupid, there was only one team last season to reach 3k. And most teams average around 2700 rating. I think you're a pver that can't pvp so you want to restrict other people from getting gear that you can't obtain. And if these people are using pvp gear for raids then blame your raid leader for inviting them.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetskeet
    yeah that's pretty stupid, there was only one team last season to reach 3k. And most teams average around 2700 rating. I think you're a pver that can't pvp so you want to restrict other people from getting gear that you can't obtain. And if these people are using pvp gear for raids then blame your raid leader for inviting them.
    Yup its so easy to hit 22k with a Paladin these days right?

Quote Originally Posted by cantil
    i dont have a problem with peopel getting season 3 gear stuff and i do do arenas i recived a title last season from my 3v3 team but i just dont think that the ranking should be on the Guardian gear
    Challenger isn't a title, it's another form of welfare pvp.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Inept
    Challenger isn't a title, it's another form of welfare pvp.
    What about SSO?

I dont see your problem, if ur not able to get arena rating stick tot he vindicators, guardian isnt alot better anywayz :P

what a stupid thing to say. of coarse there has to be a requirement. if anything i think the requirement should be higher. how else would you know if the person is acually good and didnt spend the whole season in the 1500s and earned 4/5 slowly. Challenger isnt a title. Its more of a participation gift duelist and beyond are titles.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by theonepantless
    what a stupid thing to say. of coarse there has to be a requirement. if anything i think the requirement should be higher. how else would you know if the person is acually good and didnt spend the whole season in the 1500s and earned 4/5 slowly. Challenger isnt a title. Its more of a participation gift duelist and beyond are titles.
    So what you are saying is for those who bought S4 shoulders and mounts should be considered pros? When those in 4/5 veng and s2 weapons are called scrubs?

pretty much. Hey if you have s4 shoulders this early in the season. you must be doing something right. Right? At this point unless there is a rating req on everything. Skill does not equal gear. In my server we have a scorch spaming t6 mage that doesnt even do over 1k dps on brut

put arena ratings on tier 6 plox.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sahria
    put arena ratings on tier 6 plox.
    There needs to be a raiding req, back in BT I was sick of looking at this rogue in greens and blues who paid my GM by pay pal like $500? for the warglaives /fail

the difference between vindicator and gaurdian is tiny, if you havent got the skill to get gaurdian get vindicator, your gonna get pwned either way

They put arena ratings on the neck, bracers, belt, and so forth to make you work towards another angle of the same spectrum of the game.

If you arena, expect to bg. If you bg then expect to arena. (both pvp related)
    If you raid BT, expect to raid Hyjal. If you raid Hyjal expect to raid BT. (both pve related)

Need I continue on this line? No? Didnt think so.

If you cannot deal with having an arena team then you should reassess your wow playing time. If pve was designed to give a full set of gear, like at level 60, then it would allow you to only do 1 side of pvp, such as bg's. This correlation is very clear and very true, as it was at 60. A guild doing BT would get a full set of gear. A person doing battlegrounds could get a full set of Grand Marshall's gear by doing only battlegrounds.

Catch the drift here? Effort is needed. Stop complaining and start working on expanding your abilities in game.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swipes
    They put arena ratings on the neck, bracers, belt, and so forth to make you work towards another angle of the same spectrum of the game.

If you arena, expect to bg. If you bg then expect to arena. (both pvp related)
    If you raid BT, expect to raid Hyjal. If you raid Hyjal expect to raid BT. (both pve related)

Need I continue on this line? No? Didnt think so.

If you cannot deal with having an arena team then you should reassess your wow playing time. If pve was designed to give a full set of gear, like at level 60, then it would allow you to only do 1 side of pvp, such as bg's. This correlation is very clear and very true, as it was at 60. A guild doing BT would get a full set of gear. A person doing battlegrounds could get a full set of Grand Marshall's gear by doing only battlegrounds.

Catch the drift here? Effort is needed. Stop complaining and start working on expanding your abilities in game.
    To bad PvP gear is way to easy to get now then in pre - BC, and people abuse this by going afk it just sickens me.

There has to be some way to measure time, effort, and mastery in all portions of the game.

In RAID'ing gear has tiers and 'rating costs' associated with it via RAID Boss progression and/or reputation status.

Arena gear should maintain some form of rating/rank reward as well. I don't believe that ANY piece of gear that was previously awarded via Arena should be moved to 'bg: honor/token' only.

Otherwise, make RAID gear available to people who Arena and/or BG. I mean, once you get your full season set... what if you could use your extra Arena points to purchase RAID gear? How fair would that seem to hard-core Raiders?

Quote Originally Posted by blackwatch
    Otherwise, make RAID gear available to people who Arena and/or BG. I mean, once you get your full season set... what if you could use your extra Arena points to purchase RAID gear? How fair would that seem to hard-core Raiders?
    Actually with the current system you may just get to see that in the future. Raids can purchase s3/s2 with tokens from raiding T6 or T5 -respectively- so a reverse translation of this may come to fruition. Now obviously the costs of these items would be compared to the current standards for highest season giving a tier below what it mimics in the pve world.

i think rating is fine.

look at it from this prespective.
    1. the rating required is not very high. for a measly 1700, you can get 4/5.
    2. Blizzard has made previous season gear readily available for ANYONE to obtain. players can get S2 items from honor and S3 items are cheaper and more or less requires no rating.
    3. the difference in stats upgrade for each season is only a handful of stats.

therefore, players can still compete in the PvP scene without handicap and only the best players will receive the best gears.

what this eliminates is those handful of people who play 10 games per week and then expecting to eventually get the best PvP gear available. S3 is still a fine set of gear. just don't expect to get the best.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Neokarasu

15+ Year Old Account

Ratings are great. Eliminates that moron in trade with his..."you suck, you and your welfare epics"...talking to someone with a 2300 rating. Welfare Epics? 5/5 s4, these people are the best players in this game. They are able to defeat other human minds, while the guy PVEing still can't figure out what to do in a completely scripted PVE fight. Will I ever get 5/5 s4? I'd bet my right arm, no. Doesn't bother me. The differences are so miniscule that if all you are going to do is bgs all day, you can live with s2 and s3. This separates players that are good at what they do, from those that just try and fail miserably.

I really like their new system and hope they keep doing it this way in WotLK. I actually feel a sense of accomplishment for my honour grinded gear now.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Well think of it like this...

Most players will agree that you should "earn" your gear.

In PvE... this is done by "Progression" throu content if you want the best gear compared to others on your server you have to get more good players and progress better and faster. Have good attendance ect... Point is you put in time and effort to earn your gear. (In most cases)

In PvP... Pre-BC this was done throu the Old Honor system were you have to invest a lot of time as well as being a pretty good player to get to your Ranks to unlock your gear. Only doing BG's Casually most were able to get their Epic Mount. The Point again is that you put in the time and effort you earned your rewards. (Gear / Mounts / Weps)

In the the Months before and in to the BC the generation of "Welfare Epics" was created were a person with no skill in PvP or PvE could but forth absolutely no effort in BG's to collect up Bonus honor and get gear. This upset people who BG and People who Arena when they had to deal with the same stupid people in the arenas that had no skill... alltho they quickly moved past throes group sometimes your still matched with them. The Welfare Epics didn't upset people as much as the fact that a unskilled player who put forth no effort could earn the same Gear we the top players in the game who worked their asses off.

Now people like the idiot that started this threat feel like they are entitled to the gear. They have the attitude of "I pay my 15$ a month i deserve my epics" or "I spent 20 hours in the BG's i deserve the gear". Sorry but you are wrong if you want the TOP gear then you have to earn it, and compete for it.

You have to EARN the best gear int he game for PvE or PvE. Dispite what some people think nuthing should ever be handed to you for "showing up".
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

they should have introduced rating on all arena pieces and honor pieces long time ago, and dont remove it when a new season comes, just lower the price on the last seasons prices with 50. even the honor pieces imo. im not a pro pvper, was at 1850 in s3 and 1560 so far in s4 and still like all the rating requirements on all pieces.

anyone could get 4 pieces of s3 without any effort. just play a 5v5 each week at 1400 rating and you would still get 310ish points and all those items after awhile which imo is wrong! if its not a challenge to get the items its not fun or "special" to have those 4/5 s3 items.