Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Khody

Re: Take the arena rating off my pvp gear !

Quote Originally Posted by Swipes
    Actually with the current system you may just get to see that in the future. Raids can purchase s3/s2 with tokens from raiding T6 or T5 -respectively- so a reverse translation of this may come to fruition. Now obviously the costs of these items would be compared to the current standards for highest season giving a tier below what it mimics in the pve world.
    WRONG.

You can't purchase season 3 with tokens.

It's still season 1 and 2 available through tokens.

Well, the curve is getting steeper.

If you start an alt for arenas right now, you will be crushed by 4 seasons of arena gear.

You can farm honor for:

S2 hat
    S4 neck
    S2 shoulders
    farm badges for PVP cape
    S2 chest
    S3 bracers
    S2 weapon/range
    PVP trinket
    Battlemaster trinket
    S3 ring
    S2 ring
    S3 boots
    S2 legs
    S4 belt
    S4 gloves for just losing 10 games a week in ~4 weeks

So let's say you're doing arenas in that gear. On a decent battlegroup you're not going to get very high rating. At that rate you're going to be replacing S2 with S3 arena point gear, because of the rating.

Needless to say, it sucks. I want to arena on my alt, not waste weeks and weeks getting nearly 300,000 honor just to be at low Season 3 quality gear.

They really just need to do one of 2 things:

1) not let you use items unless you have that personal rating, reset rating every season.
    or
    2) never reset rating and let you use those items.

It sucks at 1500 going against new teams in full S3,S4 who had banked points. They are not 1500 teams and they cause you to lose 15+ points while massively outgearing you. If their personal ratings were still 2k+ you wouldn't lose that many points against these teams.

Conversely, everyone could start at square one and have to go back to using their older gear until they got their rating up. The benefit from having last season's gear is that as soon as you hit the rating you upgrade to it for free, while spending points on the new items.

It is ridiculous that you have to FARM BATTLEGROUNDS AND PVE in order to play in the arenas. They just need to overhaul the system.

Khody

Providing you spent the time to get those items,

Skill comes into play more then gear considering you can get or get near to resilience cap with said gear. Along with other stats not being THATA wildly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Khody
    Providing you spent the time to get those items,

Skill comes into play more then gear considering you can get or get near to resilience cap with said gear. Along with other stats not being THATA wildly better.
    Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on that.

Given comparative skill, having 1k more mana or hps or a little bit more resilience or armor mitigation makes a huge difference and adds up to a win.

I have basically all of that gear and I'm over 150 under resilience cap and missing a couple hundred armor penetration and atk power on my hunter. Also, I'm around 800 mana short of where I will end up, which is not good for a drain team setup. I have to drink more often which gives the other team time to regen and puts less pressure on their healing. Sure I can get more resilience by stacking it but I lose out on other stats that make a difference. For instance my +hit is at 0. They didn't add any to any of the gear I have. So I miss about 10% more. So I get to choose between gemming for hit or gemming to raise durability or DPS. Oops!

My healer is in the same boat. At around that gear he is missing a couple hundred healing from the topend gear, and believe me that matters because on my hunter's pet nothing has been gained ever, yet dps goes up against it. A S4 warrior 2 rounding my pet because my healer was off by a few hundred healing is a huge difference.

You can't possibly be bringing up skill when warriors are relying on the RNG for their mace stun effect, and other classes are doing the same for resists on their damage, or CC.

When you are at the gear level I'm at, and you get unluckily chain CCed you simply die faster with less stats, in that gear. When your team is at that level, you get more resists, your heals are less effective, and you create less pressure on the other team.

So nah, it is a huge brickwall.

Khody

Unluckily chain cced?

Cc does not rely on luck.

That is where you lost your credibility to me.

Quote Originally Posted by frott

If you start an alt for arenas right now, you will be crushed by 4 seasons of arena gear.
    I know quite a few people with new 70 alts that are maintaining 1600 this season in veterans/S2 gear. One example is a warrior/sham. Both are alts, both are not even in full pvp gear, shaman has cloth hyjal trash boots that he pvps in. The warror even a couple of quest blues and just a Thunder. Obviously 1600 isn't a fantastic rating but it definitely isn't getting crushed considering their gear level, and they only do their 10 games a week on those characters.

You can farm honor for:

S2 hat
    S4 neck
    S2 shoulders
    farm badges for PVP cape
    S2 chest
    S3 bracers
    S2 weapon/range
    PVP trinket
    Battlemaster trinket
    S3 ring
    S2 ring
    S3 boots
    S2 legs
    S4 belt
    S4 gloves for just losing 10 games a week in ~4 weeks

So let's say you're doing arenas in that gear. On a decent battlegroup you're not going to get very high rating. At that rate you're going to be replacing S2 with S3 arena point gear, because of the rating.

Needless to say, it sucks. I want to arena on my alt, not waste weeks and weeks getting nearly 300,000 honor just to be at low Season 3 quality gear.

They really just need to do one of 2 things:

1) not let you use items unless you have that personal rating, reset rating every season.
    or
    2) never reset rating and let you use those items.

It sucks at 1500 going against new teams in full S3,S4 who had banked points. They are not 1500 teams and they cause you to lose 15+ points while massively outgearing you. If their personal ratings were still 2k+ you wouldn't lose that many points against these teams.

Conversely, everyone could start at square one and have to go back to using their older gear until they got their rating up. The benefit from having last season's gear is that as soon as you hit the rating you upgrade to it for free, while spending points on the new items.

It is ridiculous that you have to FARM BATTLEGROUNDS AND PVE in order to play in the arenas. They just need to overhaul the system.
    That is just how it is. I do serious arena with 2 toons. I have spent many hours in BGs and arena to gear them up and understand that i need to do this to keep my gear relevant. Now, there are some slight differences between season 2 and 3 (ie hit rating on hunter gear and glove bonuses for some classes), but as someone mentioned early, you can farm enough pieces of gear to reach the resilience cap with enough stats to remain competitive against players with more pieces of s3 and s4 than you. What you really should be worried about are skilled players mixing s4 gear with t6+ gear in a savage display of OP.

Unfortunately, there are no controls in place for when, where and how new teams can be started. If a few glads decide to get together the 5th week of season 4 and start a new team, they are going to run into rookies who just spent a month grinding BGs and arena for s1-s4 gear. They are going to cut through you over and over again until they just to a higher rating where they will cut though better teams than yours. I have been on both sides of that coin. Their experience, gear, group make-up, and teamwork makes it very unfair for you and your partners, but hey, there is nothing we can do about it. Blizzard has made it very easy to form new teams and with the new rating requirements on gear, you will see a lot of people helping out friends to get the 1650 or 1700 ratings for some new pieces.

You can't expect to get a toon to 70 this week and be competitive in a month. There is a penalty we all take for "sticking" with a class. If you are serious about rerolling a new pvp toon, you are going to have to grind your way to enough gear to hold your ground in the current arena season in an effort to prepare for the next season. And if your toon is fresh to arena, you will have difficulty finding partners who will run with you unless they are your friends.

With regards to resetting ratings or not resetting ratings, if you have earned the gear, it is yours to keep and with each new season you must climb the ladder to meet the rating requirements for new gear (which are slight upgrades but upgrades nonetheless).

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07
    Yup its so easy to hit 22k with a Paladin these days right?
    Actually the only team that hit 3k rating was healed by a holy paladin team. So people say that holy paladins can't get to a 2k rating. Well if that paladin can do it so can any other paladin. It's not our fault that you don't know how to los from mana burn and you have a shitty partner. Man up and say you don't know how to play your class and that you're just use to standing in one spot and healing. Wait I'm sorry sometimes end game bosses make you move around. You're pretty much saying Blizz doesn't show any love to paladins is an excuse why you suck at your class in arena.

And yes I don't think anyone is capable of hitting 22k rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07
    There needs to be a raiding req, back in BT I was sick of looking at this rogue in greens and blues who paid my GM by pay pal like $500? for the warglaives /fail
    Thank you, you proved my point. Blame your GM, and I really doubt that you /gquit.

Khody

The 3k team were blatant win traders, so please refrain from bringing them into this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocidius
    qft
    QFT? You must be one of those scrubs that is sad because you actually have to be good to get a rating requirement for armor. Considering you had nothing else to say , so you QFT, keep working on those 1500 ratings cause your going so far!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=Syrada

Khody

Quote Originally Posted by Syrada
    QFT? You must be one of those scrubs that is sad because you actually have to be good to get a rating requirement for armor. Considering you had nothing else to say , so you QFT, keep working on those 1500 ratings cause your going so far!
    I must agree that making a post simply, "QFT" is really stupid. If you have nothing to add to a discussion, then refrain from joining in it!

Following it until you have sometiijg to add is quite reasonable, however.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on that.

Given comparative skill, having 1k more mana or hps or a little bit more resilience or armor mitigation makes a huge difference and adds up to a win.

I have basically all of that gear and I'm over 150 under resilience cap and missing a couple hundred armor penetration and atk power on my hunter. Also, I'm around 800 mana short of where I will end up, which is not good for a drain team setup. I have to drink more often which gives the other team time to regen and puts less pressure on their healing. Sure I can get more resilience by stacking it but I lose out on other stats that make a difference. For instance my +hit is at 0. They didn't add any to any of the gear I have. So I miss about 10% more. So I get to choose between gemming for hit or gemming to raise durability or DPS. Oops!

My healer is in the same boat. At around that gear he is missing a couple hundred healing from the topend gear, and believe me that matters because on my hunter's pet nothing has been gained ever, yet dps goes up against it. A S4 warrior 2 rounding my pet because my healer was off by a few hundred healing is a huge difference.

You can't possibly be bringing up skill when warriors are relying on the RNG for their mace stun effect, and other classes are doing the same for resists on their damage, or CC.

When you are at the gear level I'm at, and you get unluckily chain CCed you simply die faster with less stats, in that gear. When your team is at that level, you get more resists, your heals are less effective, and you create less pressure on the other team.

So nah, it is a huge brickwall.
    i don't see how this is relevant.

people who has these gears has the rating to back them up. so either
    1. you shouldn't be playing them anyway since they should be in a higher bracket.
    or
    2. they're restart Glad teams who outplay you anyway.

i see too many people arguing that gear matters when it doesn't really because the stat difference is minimal, and that everyone started with a 1500 rating so the only thing that matters is skill/composition in achiving the higher rating to earn those gear. when you get to whatever bracket, you start playing people with those gear level. people seem to assume that if you were whatever rating last season that they automatically get the current season rating. this is where you have to remember the fact that rating resets and everyone has to climp up (albeit some faster than others).

what now people are going to complain about the use of BT/Hyjal/SWP gear in arena just because they have better stats on them compared to the equivalent pvp gear?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Neokarasu

There really should have been rating on all items from the first season because your skill should really match your gear
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetskeet
    Actually the only team that hit 3k rating was healed by a holy paladin team. So people say that holy paladins can't get to a 2k rating. Well if that paladin can do it so can any other paladin. It's not our fault that you don't know how to los from mana burn and you have a shitty partner. Man up and say you don't know how to play your class and that you're just use to standing in one spot and healing. Wait I'm sorry sometimes end game bosses make you move around. You're pretty much saying Blizz doesn't show any love to paladins is an excuse why you suck at your class in arena.

And yes I don't think anyone is capable of hitting 22k rating.

Thank you, you proved my point. Blame your GM, and I really doubt that you /gquit.
    You realize that 3k team win-traded... right?

Blizz doesn't show any love for paladins in 2s starting season 3; you can go suck a chode if you don't think so. (5s is the paladin bracket)

As far as S4 vs S3 gear - why do you care so much?! Honestly, the difference in damage and health is minimal. Given you had full S3 with S2 shoulders and weapon you could easily hit 1700 if you absolutely HAD to have S4. (I know, because I hit 1700 in 2s with my paladin who is wearing part blue quest gear with mixed PvP parts)

Man up (well, rather the 100% opposite of it) and run a cheesy combo (like warrior / druid) and you'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut
    You realize that 3k team win-traded... right?
    Damn right they did. If you knew anything about math and the way the arena system worked you would realize that without win-trading it is basically impossible to achieve this.

Quote Originally Posted by torbert
    Damn right they did. If you knew anything about math and the way the arena system worked you would realize that without win-trading it is basically impossible to achieve this.
    ok i know a lot about math and yes they did win trade if they didnt tell me how did they win like paladin and rogue

It really depends on what bg you are on how hard it is. Right now in Nightfall you'll usually see full S3 rolling ppl in 1600-1700 bracket. I wouldn't be mad if Blizz released rtg on the honor gear. Cuz honestly to hit higher rtgs, you gotta have skill + gear. I see why some people get discouraged by arena, because it takes 3 months of grind bull$it AVs just to be competitive. Some of you say its about skill but a guarantee you will never see a full S2 geared team hit 2K on nightfall.

I've got a lock I lvled to 70 late in S3, he's got ~350 res, but still gets facestomped. At this rate, I doubt I'll ever get ring/boots, and that makes me sad. Its not that I suck, but honestly a S3/4 warr will rip my face off and drop me in seconds. Yea thats right I am QQing. I want ez epics cuz caster classes are boned without tons of stam and res.

On the flipside I do have a full S3/4 rogue, and I'll facestomp any class in S2 gear. I'll even stand toe-toe with a Stormhearld Warr and smoke him. Stats look minimal, but they do add up once u get full sets, etc. Honestly I'd be open to have more people get gear quickly. Think about it this way, a bigger pool of people to play with. I'm tired of having to spam or look for the few good healers that don't have their head up their arse.

i think all this ratings on boots bracers etc is just another timesink nothing more
    just keeps ppl happy gives ppl a goal and i firmly believe that is the real reason its there not because the epeen elitist QQed or the causuals QQed.its nothing more than a clever ploy to keep the subs coming in till wotlk comes out or WAR ;D

Quote Originally Posted by pengwynman
    There are a ton of full s3 nubs who bought their ratings in s3 and don't have the skill to get past the 1700-1800 brackets now, so all the people playing for fun or skilled people trying to gear up are stuck fighting these nubs with shoulders and weapons.
    QFT. There is nothing worse than fighting your counter comp, and they outgear you, but they are terrible and you can tell you are outplaying them, but the strength of their comp, plus the gear they clearly paid to get, carries them to a narrow victory.

and always for a 18 or so pt loss :'(