Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Priest WotLK New Talents Discussion

Anyone put some thoughts into how the Psychic Horror talent will work?

Causes your Psychic Scream spell to have a 100% chance to Fear the target in horror for 4 sec.

Does that mean that you can fear anyone at a range in addition to the normal radius of fear?

And how will this work out with dimishing returns on fear effects? Horror should be a own category with the warlock aoe fear and possibly death coil? While the casted warlock fear won't get dimished when used right after a talented priest fear.

And is it possible it forces the feared target to run around in horror in a small circle instead of running out of range for mindflay?

Quote Originally Posted by XeRam

Causes your Psychic Scream spell to have a 100% chance to Fear the target in horror for 4 sec.

Does that mean that you can fear anyone at a range in addition to the normal radius of fear?

And how will this work out with dimishing returns on fear effects? Horror should be a own category with the warlock aoe fear and possibly death coil? While the casted warlock fear won't get dimished when used right after a talented priest fear.

And is it possible it forces the feared target to run around in horror in a small circle instead of running out of range for mindflay?
    What i got from it is that warriors cant fear break. Horror is an undispelable fear

Quote Originally Posted by XeRam

If the horror effect took place after the initial psychic scream, that would be approximately 12-13 seconds of being CC'ed, which (as much as I would love that, being a priest), that would be pretty overpowered (maybe I misunderstood what you're saying, if so, my bad). I'm assuming the horror takes place of the scream; however, since it's a horror, it can't be dispelled. I would also assume that diminishing returns won't happen, seeing as it isn't something we can chain cast. I would say that the same goes for if a warlock fears, and a priest fears. I doubt they would put a diminishing return on that.

Fears, from what I've been able to gather, are random, as to where one runs when they get feared. Personally, I hope they change Mind Flay back to 30 yards, without the talent extension (which is what they had it at, initially in alpha, til the most recent release of talents and abilities, which put it back to 20 yards), but we shall see!

With the addition of pvp talents to priests, I'm wondering if a warlock/shadow priest combo will be even moreso effective in the expansion. I've ran into a few teams with that combo, and have literally been left in shock as to how quickly they were able to dispose of my team. :P

Though I'll admit, I"m not that great in arenas. >_>

And I didn't think about this before now, might be a way to prevent undeads to use wotf, warriors to use death wish and beserker rage? Since those abilities shouldn't work on horror effects

I believe Berserker Rage (Or some other warrior's fear immunity) no longer makes them immune to fear. Not too sure though. However, Horror is not bad. You cannot trinket out of it, neither can you do anything to remove it for that 4 seconds. It's one of the reason Warlock's Deathcoil was considered OP for so long.

You can trinket horror. Not before the trinket changes though

Quote Originally Posted by rikken
    I completely disagree, every spec will be wanted in a raid. Shadow for our oh so capable mana batttery status & an increase in dmg, a lot more dmg. Disc for a mighty mighty main tank healer along with a mana battery for the healers. Holy for raid healing, have you forgot about prayer of mending? its amazingly efficient, and renew is a mighty fine hot.

Priests are gonna be justtttt fine
    Actually it seems the disc talent was changed from alpha - beta that returns mana to the group. It shows only to you now instead of group.

Rapture Rank 5 as listed on the mmo skill/talent calculators

Causes you to gain mana equal to 2.5% of the healing done by your Greater Heal, Flash Heal and Penance spells, and 25% the damage absorbed by your Power Word: Shield spell is returned as mana to you.

Quote Originally Posted by olicon
    I believe Berserker Rage (Or some other warrior's fear immunity) no longer makes them immune to fear. Not too sure though. However, Horror is not bad. You cannot trinket out of it, neither can you do anything to remove it for that 4 seconds. It's one of the reason Warlock's Deathcoil was considered OP for so long.
    you could always dispell it.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

you cant dispell horror effect apart from trinket which removes it. Deathcoil = horror effect. those things in underbog are casting horror as well. very powerful talent pvp, and whats best it wont break under dmgand and very possible its not affected by DR`s since i dont recalll deathcoil having that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Poonicus
    The 6 second CD on CoH is absolutely unacceptable. This really limits our AoE healing ability. I cast this spell all the time. I rely on it a ton. My friends make fun of me for how much I cast this spell. I cast it when I am bored. I will be really disappointed if they change this spell, I guess they are afraid it will be too powerful. To take a 41 point talent and put such a huge CD on it too big of a nerf. Leave the spell alone.
    yea i mean adding in that 6 second cooldown and making it raid wide.
    thats just stupid >.>

im ok with priests being more of a utility healer.

Here is my feeling about the heal Priest in PVE for Wotl.

-They nerfed my COH and this will completly change my game play in Pve and i am afraid i wont be as useful as i am today.

-I really think that they were going to give us something that up the raid and that you can stack !, Example: you have 4 chams and 4 Droods you also have 4 blood lust, 4 combat rez and 4 inervate + first quality healing obviously. With 4 Priests what do you get? Good healing and what? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    you cant dispell horror effect apart from trinket which removes it. Deathcoil = horror effect. those things in underbog are casting horror as well. very powerful talent pvp, and whats best it wont break under dmgand and very possible its not affected by DR`s since i dont recalll deathcoil having that either.
    You can dispel Deathcoil.

The word is that Psychic Horror makes your Psychic Scream spell apply two debuffs, the fear and the horror effect, both of which will definitely be dispellable, although with 30% dispel resist, it should fail to dispel one of them fairly often, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by nietz
    You can dispel Deathcoil.

The word is that Psychic Horror makes your Psychic Scream spell apply two debuffs, the fear and the horror effect, both of which will definitely be dispellable, although with 30% dispel resist, it should fail to dispel one of them fairly often, which is nice.
    Im pretty sure youre wrong.

I just tested and im pretty sure he's right,
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Quote Originally Posted by Osep
    Im pretty sure youre wrong.
    The Psychic Scream I heard from a beta tester, so I don't know whether it's true or not, but honestly I don't know how else it would work.

As for Deathcoil being dispellable, it is. I do it every single day. There is no reason to think that Psychic Horror will not be a magical debuff, and thus, dispellable as well. "Horror" simply means that typical fear-breaking abilities (Fear Ward, WotF, Berzerker Rage, resist talents, etc.) will not break the effect, and neither will damage.

the worst priests i've seen rely on COH. even if they are secondary priests in a 25 behind one who is discipline/holy specced.
    Don't be silly, we take 3 CoH priests for eredar twins, and its the most valuable healing spell in your aresenal throughout MH / BT / SWP due to its speed and sheer healing power.

CoH is becoming raid wide, its getting a cooldown, theres no way to tell how this will effect our healing with a thousand other changes coming in. For all we know we'll be going back to spamming heal 2 (anyone remember those days? )

Fatherohealy

Quote Originally Posted by dsc
    the worst priests i've seen rely on COH. even if they are secondary priests in a 25 behind one who is discipline/holy specced.

Probably better to nerf the one buttoners before they give us all a bad name and my wifes druid takes our raid spots.
    Still raiding Gruul? Like the guy above me said CoH is one of the most powerful spells throughout T6 and Sunwell along with chain heal.

My feeling on the CoH nerf is that it doesn't matter if it heals the raid or the entire server, if you have to wait 6 seconds on a heal you can't be depended on to raid heal/a Shaman takes your place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherohealy
    Ok to compare, this CoH CD would be like putting a 12 second or more CD on chain heal (CoH heals for less than half of chain heal). Effectively making it so you cant rely on the spell you just use it as a bonus now and again.

Hate all you want this is drastic.
    Circle of Healing heals 2 more targets than Chain Heal and has no casting time.

Fatherohealy

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Circle of Healing heals 2 more targets than Chain Heal and has no casting time.
    and heals for much less.

My PVE Shadow Spec @ 80 --> http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzhZZGcfVowzcVqizAo

Firstly... 4/5 Shadow Weaving. 3/5 Is all that is necessary if there are 2 spriests (which is not always the case) and 5/5 is just a waste of a point.

5/5 Imp Mindblast. No question. Assuming 0 haste, then 4/5 is the dps-maximizing amount. However, with the advent of haste as just another common stat (if you look at some of the dungeon WOTLK blues that have been discovered so far you notice A LOT of haste) then 5/5 is a definite increase in dps.

2/2 Imp Shadowform. While not necessary by any means, the only other place to put these points would be into mental agility to become slightly more mana efficient. However, the new spirit mechanics + meditation + inner focus + imp spirit tap + focused mind + pain and suffering should leave us extremely mana efficient. So I think the 70% passive spell pushback resistance PLUS the addition of fade as a semi dispel/escape would be a very nice addition to the spriest arsenal.

1/1 Dispersion. There has been a lot of talk about whether or not this will be useful in PVE. And while it will definitely be situational, I believe it will be very useful. Most raid encounters nowadays require you to move at least a few times during the fight, and often for more than 6 seconds. So, for example, if you know you're going to have to run around for a bit, you refresh dots, pop dispersion, and have yourself a little on-the-go evocate. Plus, if you were to pop dispersion right after a MB/SWD burst (and assume one of them crits!) then you'll also get 6 seconds of regen along with the dispersion, all the while having your dots tick so that you're overall dps hit is minimal.

The points in disc are pretty standard. The only thing I'm confused about is whether mediation and Imp spirit tap will stack at all (I doubt it). If they do then great, but if they don't then I would have to look at the actual imp spirit tap up-time to determine if meditation was even really worth it (although the only other useful spot to put the points would be imp vamp embrace).

Anyways, I would appreciate any comments or concerns with this suggested build. I can't wait to play my spriest at 80!