Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: PvE Priest Builds @80

Shield > Silent Resolve since Ive never EVER found myself being in danger of outthreating someone with holy/disc spells. The dispelling effect doesnt matter shit in PvE as it stands. I'd rather be able to survive an otherwise one-hit-kill with a better shield.
    You have not visited any lvl 70 instance yet, right?

Shield is a onehit anyways and if you do not get into aggro management problems as a healer, you should just specc... dunno... pally or something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic
    personally i wana see the stats on our pvp gear, cause looking at these talents, i want some spirit on it, maybe im crazy
    I was thinking the same as a shadowpriest, but got 2 possible builds in mind depending how it does work out.

Quote Originally Posted by siempel
    My PVE Shadow Spec @ 80 --> http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzhZZGcfVowzcVqizAo

Firstly... 4/5 Shadow Weaving. 3/5 Is all that is necessary if there are 2 spriests (which is not always the case) and 5/5 is just a waste of a point.

5/5 Imp Mindblast. No question. Assuming 0 haste, then 4/5 is the dps-maximizing amount. However, with the advent of haste as just another common stat (if you look at some of the dungeon WOTLK blues that have been discovered so far you notice A LOT of haste) then 5/5 is a definite increase in dps.

2/2 Imp Shadowform. While not necessary by any means, the only other place to put these points would be into mental agility to become slightly more mana efficient. However, the new spirit mechanics + meditation + inner focus + imp spirit tap + focused mind + pain and suffering should leave us extremely mana efficient. So I think the 70% passive spell pushback resistance PLUS the addition of fade as a semi dispel/escape would be a very nice addition to the spriest arsenal.

1/1 Dispersion. There has been a lot of talk about whether or not this will be useful in PVE. And while it will definitely be situational, I believe it will be very useful. Most raid encounters nowadays require you to move at least a few times during the fight, and often for more than 6 seconds. So, for example, if you know you're going to have to run around for a bit, you refresh dots, pop dispersion, and have yourself a little on-the-go evocate. Plus, if you were to pop dispersion right after a MB/SWD burst (and assume one of them crits!) then you'll also get 6 seconds of regen along with the dispersion, all the while having your dots tick so that you're overall dps hit is minimal.

The points in disc are pretty standard. The only thing I'm confused about is whether mediation and Imp spirit tap will stack at all (I doubt it). If they do then great, but if they don't then I would have to look at the actual imp spirit tap up-time to determine if meditation was even really worth it (although the only other useful spot to put the points would be imp vamp embrace).

Anyways, I would appreciate any comments or concerns with this suggested build. I can't wait to play my spriest at 80!
    I agree with just about everything you say (or have in your spec) except I feel that Imp VE is going to be important to have. My guild is doing sunwell at the moment and imp VE is pretty much a necessity and i'd speculate with all the healing talents healers are getting that raid wide damage is going to be very common and Blizz have already stated that they are not happy with the way AoE heals are dominating the current environment which leads me to believe imp VE is going to be even more important.

I wonder if we will need the 3 points in threat reduction if SF is giving another 30% threat reduction? We will be regening less mana per spell so that's a bit of a threat reduction as well. I'd probably kick inner focus for at least 1/2 imp VE and maybe find another point somewhere, maybe threat reduction (not sure) or 1 point out of focused mind... just have to wait and see I think.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzZZ0xffRikcVqidAo

I think something like this would be a nice PvP shadowspec

Might want to swap Psychic Horror for something else but all in all a pretty solid build

Quote Originally Posted by matzumo
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzZZ0xffRikcVqidAo

I think something like this would be a nice PvP shadowspec

Might want to swap Psychic Horror for something else but all in all a pretty solid build
    I really can't find a PvP spec I'm entirely happy with atm... I disagree with a few of your points...
    Imp VE - I consider Imp VE to be a necessity, any sort of additional healing you can give yourself in PvP should be prioritised.

Imp PW:S - Just isn't worth 3 points, not sure what the numbers are going to be but if the scale is the same as it is now you wouldn't even notice it.
    Silent Resolve - 30% chance of your spells not being dispelled is awesome. We apply lots of debuffs to targets, so having a pally or priest waste their time trying to remove them is win/win and if they stop trying to it's win/win again.

Shadow Power - It's a waste of 5 points, targets in PvP have enough resilence to negate this talent, we only crit with 2 spells on long cooldowns and even with 50% more crit damage you aren't going to notice much extra damage to high resilience targets. You also dont have imp spirit tap so there isn't much synergy with critting either, just live with the fact you're not going to crit people, it also allows you to gear for pure stam and spell damage and forget crit.

Shadow Resilience - One of our biggest weaknesses in the current environment is physical dps, rogues completely own us so I feel that 4% less physical damage might be needed. However this is something we may be able to do without but i'd be taking it to play with.

Imp MB - Anymore than 2 points is a waste and the only reason I'd put 2 points into this talent is it's the best thing you can get to progress in the tree. I've never had to wait for a MB CD in PvP ever.

Unbreakable Will - 15% chance to avoid silence, stuns and Fears... It's pretty win imo.

Imp Fade - Nice to have but I don't see where you can spare the points, perhaps fade is going to be used a lot more than I anticipate, we'll have to wait & see.

That leaves me with http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bEGZZ0xfroikfioidAo but there are some aspects I dislike about this build.

Martyrdom - It's a nice PvP talent for 2 points, will imp SF make this redudant? Or is it still necessary?

Imp Mana Burn - I find in my style of play I dont mana burn that much but it's still nice to have up your sleeve. You can't mana burn without it tbh, will just take too long.

Meditation - Are we gonna have mana issues with no meditation? Will dispersion offer enough regen for us not to care about this?

Inner Focus - For 1 point perhaps we need to make room for 1 free spell?

Absolution - No reduced mana cost on dispel means we probably don't want to spam it as much as we are now or if we do we might run the risk of mana problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpy
    In ur IMP spirit spec, why do you go 2/2 Holy Reach when u don't have either Holy Nova/Circle of Healing?
    Personally, I would take both points out and use 1 in Improved Healing and 1 in Test of Faith but that's just my opinion. Overall it's a pretty good spec