Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Runeforging + weapon enchant?

I'm just wondering if weapon enchants and runeforging will stack, or if you simply skip weapon enchants as a death knight? In that case does runeforging cost anything or is it just a simple spell you cast? :O

Re: Runeforging + weapon enchant?

I belive so, it will be like Shamans WF/Rockbitter etc spells.

same deal as poisons I think. Would be sketchy if you couldn't use a class skill like that and enchants at the same time.

Yeah was hoping that. Was afraid it'd count as overpowered or whatever though.

From the looks of things you can have a weapon enchant, a rune, and a temporary enchant. I saw a screen of Deathfrost + one of the runeforge enchants + frozen rune weapon.

I honestly couldn't see them not stacking. Weight stones and sharpening stones stack with enchant, and shaman temp. weapon enchants do. I think it'll be considered an item modification, much like those.

so.... DK's can have a permanent enchant, runeforge, frozen runeblade, sharping stones, AND windfury

edit: nvm i was told that windfury was going to be changed to a buff, but as i just found out, its a totem with a haste buff instead =/

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom366
    edit: nvm i was told that windfury was going to be changed to a buff, but as i just found out, its a totem with a haste buff instead =/
    they don't mean a buff like a casted buff, it comes from the totem :P

Khody

so.... DK's can have a permanent enchant, runeforge, frozen runeblade, sharping stones, AND windfury

I really dont like what they did with windfury. Bad idea IMO.

This is probably well understood already, but I figure it's worth noting that Windfury Totem is going to be changed, rather than the actual Windfury Weapon self buff.

Shouldn't it be permanent enchant, runeforge, frozen runeblade and windfury only? Since you have to choose between sharping stones and poison/shaman weapons buffs, then runeforging should work the same way?

windfury wont be a weapon buff anymore it will be a haste buff

Quote Originally Posted by beanchild
    windfury wont be a weapon buff anymore it will be a haste buff

seriusley?

Quote Originally Posted by Poofy

seriously?
    Windfury Totem: The effect is no longer a weapon enchant. It is now a party buff giving the same effect, it is now a flat 20% melee haste totem. All ranks have been modified.

aswell as

Flametongue totem: is now a flat spell damage totem. All ranks have been modified.

Wrath of Air Totem is now a flat 10% spell haste totem.

The effects look very powerful for "poisons."

We'll have to wait for someone in beta to announce

We like the way the death knight plays with 2 of each rune -- BBFFUU. Letting players avoid certain runes plays against one of the greatest strengths of the class -- that you have to vary your rotations and use different abilities. Although it was our original design, I think it is extremely unlikely you will be able to swap out runes. I know some people will be disappointed with this decision, but we have to do what we think makes the game the most fun.

I think you all can imagine situations in which a BBBBBU or BFUUUU configuration would be frighteningly overpowered or hideously underpowered. Theoretically that balances out in the end, but being at 200% effectiveness in some fights and 0% effectiveness in other fights just risks not being a lot of fun in a game where you control a single character.

I do want to stress that the spells and talents were designed assuming a 2/2/2 configuration. It was never our intent that you keep say Unbreakable Armor up 100% of the time by playing with 6 frost runes. No single talent choice should be the difference between a good or bad death knight tank. (And to be honest, it really isn't for druids.) A death knight needs to be able to tank end-game content with their core set of abilities combined with reasonable player skill and gear. Any bonuses from talents should just be gravy.

You are welcome to argue that their current set of tools isn't yet up to that task. Having those discussions is a great use of a beta. But in the end, we'll make sure they are up to the task. And that goes for whether the task is tanking, Arenas, soloing, end-game dps or justifying a spot in a raid.

Short version: You may not be able to customize your runeweapon -- aside from runeforging enchants, which isn't a bad perk -- but you should be able to customize your talents to a degree that other classes might find startling.
    Runeforge enchants do not stack with other weapon enchants. But in most cases the runeforge enchants are better, and they are certainly a lot cheaper.

If you find yourself in a situation where an enchant from an enchanter seems superior, you are still able to do that. Furthermore, enchanters can still provide you with enchants for all your other slots.
    Source --> http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...74912&sid=2000

So in 2 words, runeforging & enchants won't stack
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

I find it strange that they wont stack.

With the way poisons are changing, it means I can have poison on both weapons, enchant and now the shammy windfury totem as well which help me increase my dps even more especially with Deadly Brew and Infectious Poisons talents...

Just taking a shot in the dark here but..

Poison is a Temp Weapon buff
    Enchant is a Perm Weapon buff
    Windfury is a Spell buff?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=lightbringer&n=neggs
    http://www.neutralizedguild.com

yea, I'm pretty positive it's been posted around that they are not stacking at the moment sadly =(
    Horde
    80 Shaman, 80 Death Knight, 70 Warlock, 70 Hunter, 70 Mage
    Alliance
    80 Rogue, 70 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by noogie
    Just taking a shot in the dark here but..

Poison is a Temp Weapon buff
    Enchant is a Perm Weapon buff
    Windfury is a Spell buff?
    Yes, but as poisons stand at the moment, they won't stack with windfury. You can have either posion or windfury. Not both. With change I can proc two hits and two poison hits off my main hand now.

Which is why it suprises me that runeforging won't stack. After all, paladins have buffs like seal of command that give extra weapon hits and they can still have enchants on their weapons.