Thread: PWS

PWS

Is it me or Power Word: Shield will become very powerful in wotlk?

Just at level 70 with 2k healing it will be 2375 dmg absorbed, which will return 594 mana, praticaly returning all the mana cost back and on top of that, will do 1188 damage.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Re: PWS

Well, you can still only cast it on someone once every 15 seconds.

I am going to get all talents pretaining to PW:S. Reflective shield, imp PW:S, Rapture, and Borrowed Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygorl
    Well, you can still only cast it on someone once every 4 seconds.
    fixed, it's not a self-only buff

Well, you can still only cast it on a given target once every 15 seconds.
    Fixed, so folks don't misunderstand me.
    Obviously it will be huge before AoE bursts though. And there, talented, the cooldown is 3.5 s, if I'm not mistaken...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Is it me or Power Word: Shield will become very powerful in wotlk?

Just at level 70 with 2k healing it will be 2375 dmg absorbed, which will return 594 mana, praticaly returning all the mana cost back and on top of that, will do 1188 damage.
    health, damage and mana will increase therefore

it will absorb the same percentual damage(or less) then it does now
    it will cause the same percentual damage(or less) then it does now
    returning full mana is a gift for making this spell extremely mana inefficient as a "healing" spell

Quote Originally Posted by Zetrix
    fixed, it's not a self-only buff
    Weakened Soul, so not "fixed" ... "broken" and "wrong," in fact.

Fixed, so folks don't misunderstand me.
    Obviously it will be huge before AoE bursts though. And there, talented, the cooldown is 3.5 s, if I'm not mistaken...
    .5 secs off the global cooldown, not the normal cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushuna
    .5 secs off the global cooldown, not the normal cooldown.
    That would mean... you could PW:S then instantly start a flash heal, in the same amount of time it would take to trinket and flash heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Houndy
    That would mean... you could PW:S then instantly start a flash heal, in the same amount of time it would take to trinket and flash heal.
    trinkets don't use global cooldowns >.> (maybe i have no idea what you are trying to say here )

Quote Originally Posted by dustbunny
    trinkets don't use global cooldowns >.> (maybe i have no idea what you are trying to say here )
    I forgot the GCD is 1.5 seconds, not 0.5 seconds. haha

15+ Year Old Account

atm a pw:s with improved talents and a priest with 23-24xx healing buffed won't have a shield that absorbs more than 2311 damage (tested on bb). So 2k healing is abit low to be taking 2375.

But yes, with those talents it will be stronger.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

but hang on....

What about the spellpower change. All you guys with 2.4k healing will have roughly 1.6k spellpower in wotlk with similar gear.

Anyone in beta know about this, because it sounds like a nerf to PWS unless blizz adjust the coefficient?

I believe the original blue post about changing it to spell power said healers shouldn't notice any effect on their healz as the co-effs will be adjusted.

Yeah - its the blue post that says priests shouldn't notice it changing their PW:S (not a heal) that I'm waiting for though...

Quote Originally Posted by ccckkk
    but hang on....

What about the spellpower change. All you guys with 2.4k healing will have roughly 1.6k spellpower in wotlk with similar gear.

Anyone in beta know about this, because it sounds like a nerf to PWS unless blizz adjust the coefficient?
    PW:Shield is based off of your healing power. Therefore this is a buff to shadow.

Power Word: Shield gains 80% of spellpower which is the same as flash heal gains. This means that in WotlK PW:S will finally scale at the same rate as an instant cast spell. Borrowed Time is useless and barely increases the amount absorbed by PW:S. The change to the scaling of PW:S will make PW:S much more viable, Borrowed Time also only adds 20% of 80% of your spellpower (ie. 16%)

absorbing 2375 dmg will be probably be like 1 white hit from most classes so

About 900 spellpower will put the shield at 2300 fully talented. With 1.4k spellpower you are looking at a 2900 shield.

Borrowed Time needs to be upped significantly though 16% is fail.