Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wotlk BM Spec Best Dmg Spec

This spec is made after i read and checked the new pet talents that increase party AP and shit so what do you guys think of this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

And if you wonder about Effiency Tbh we hunters dont go oom and with imp aspects we rly wont

Id like to hear youre comments on this spec and plz consider the spec with pets talents also.

Re: Wotlk BM Spec Best Dmg Spec

Quote Originally Posted by nsdtr
    This spec is made after i read and checked the new pet talents that increase party AP and shit so what do you guys think of this:

And if you wonder about Effiency Tbh we hunters dont go oom and with imp aspects we rly wont

Id like to hear youre comments on this spec and plz consider the spec with pets talents also.
    since you WONT be using aspect of the viper when dpsing you will run oom...

Would be alot better this way you can basicly spam arcane shot aswell and everything else you ahve at your disposal
    Once upon a midnight dreary
    While i pron surfed, weak and weary
    Over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"
    Quoth the server, 404.

killing a new raid boss is like having multiple orgasms only better.

First answer to Wupday: Do you play lvl 70 hunter in raids? I do and even if i use Hawk i might go low on mana when boss is under 50% and the i take one fel mana potion and keep shooting and dont go oom.

Naswer to Nymrhod: Maybe 5% more dmg will be better but 150ap wil be nice since in raids you always use Hawk and considering the trees Bm hunters will get a nice amount of ap from the int, i mean right now im at 260 int will be more in wotlk and then i get 100% of to ap, thats a nice increase.

In that spec you lose Valuable DPS from Not reducing Rapid Fire CD with 2 Minutes since you reduce cd on beastwithin

Quote Originally Posted by nsdtr
    In that spec you lose Valuable DPS from Not reducing Rapid Fire CD with 2 Minutes since you reduce cd on beastwithin
    It depends on the math, sir, which no one can do yet. =] If math turns out to mean that 2 rapid fires is more DPS than 2% more damage to a fight then you would pull two from Tracking to that. Assumptions are just that: assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    I'm making a purely mathematical comment here. Aspect if the Monkey is a static +150 AP boost which is certainly nice. However at some point in itemization, it will be better to go with improved tracking since percentile bonuses always scale better. Technically there are different itemization checkpoints where for max dps you want 4/1 3/2 2/3 1/4 as well between those two talents. Now that checkpoint may either be unreachable which means hunters will stick to Aspect of the Monkey, or it may be easily reachable which means they will never spec for it (unless we get a lot of untyped monsters).
    Aspect of the Hawk is 300 AP at new max rank. That means it becomes 450 with 5 points. Taking 2 points out brings it down to a 100
    AP increase. At no point will 50 extra attack power be greater than 2% increased damage across all sources.

Not that I know anything yet, but MM might get to be the raiding spec again in wotlk. A lot of nice points there for both pve and pvp (mostly pvp). I dont raid anyways but yeah, it was before tbc, might be again? what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Inus
    Not that I know anything yet, but MM might get to be the raiding spec again in wotlk. A lot of nice points there for both pve and pvp (mostly pvp). I dont raid anyways but yeah, it was before tbc, might be again? what do you think?
    Nah. 20% haste will always be the end all talent, so unless they remove it or give the other specs something good like that I can never see it happening. Wild Quiver was the first talent that really seemed to try and do this- but the percentage is still too low and the 60% damage is still bad.

You are all forgetting one thing. WF will give 20% haste already so serpent swiftness loses its touch a bit in expansion since too much haste is still a waste. MM might actually do better dps than BM after all. It all depends on how much more dps we get from exotic pets.

It's pretty normal (at least some guilds do it) to bring a survival hunter for ze debuff and they can put out some dps too.

Yeah you are right, mana is MM's problem. Remember WF = 20% haste now so serpent swiftness + windfury (if it stacks) might ruin your rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Tails
    You are all forgetting one thing. WF will give 20% haste already so serpent swiftness loses its touch a bit in expansion since too much haste is still a waste. MM might actually do better dps than BM after all. It all depends on how much more dps we get from exotic pets.
    There is no clipping. Haste = godly.

No cliping makes the rotation Arcane shot, steady shot > 20% boss health Kill shot, Steady Shot < 20% boss health. and Bain is right. 40% haste just for having a talent and a shaman is freaking amazing. MM can't touch BM and it won't until a talent on par with Serpent's Swiftness is added.

Btw you won;t get more dps from exotic pets so much as from the 5 additional talent points. Though I think you can get all dps talents with 16, you'd have to skip some very useful survivability tools that the pet may very well need.
    We realize that at this point. Exotic pets are there for the unique, "Oh, look- I'm special" factor and the unique abilities they are supposed to get. The 5 extra talent points will probably mean the difference between a survivability talent and not- like you said.

Btw you won;t get more dps from exotic pets so much as from the 5 additional talent points. Though I think you can get all dps talents with 16, you'd have to skip some very useful survivability tools that the pet may very well need.
    did you not just answer your own question?

the extra 5 points will mean you can pick up to some extent the survivability tools aswell as maxing the dps of your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainediam
    No cliping makes the rotation Arcane shot, steady shot > 20% boss health Kill shot, Steady Shot < 20% boss health. and Bain is right. 40% haste just for having a talent and a shaman is freaking amazing. MM can't touch BM and it won't until a talent on par with Serpent's Swiftness is added.
    That's where you are wrong. Haste right now actually adds more dps due to clipping. With no clipping there is no rotation, there's no rotation = haste doesn't make a difference on your steady shot frequency = haste only effects your autoshot dps = 20% haste does NOT give 20% more damage anymore, but only 8-9% or so = haste loses its importance = MM might become an alternate raiding spec. MM has too many awesome dps talents on high tiers which don't lose their importance when you stack. Haste does lose its importance when you stack, whether there's clipping or not. For more math behind it just go EJ. 6% armor ignore on steadyshot + wild quiver probably already make up for the 9% more damage you'd get from SS and then on top of that you have 5% more damage to marked target, which basically is 5% more damage overall and 10% more crit bonus to steady is godly. Let's not kid ourselves here. MM hunters will do a lot more dps compared to a BM hunter (right now, even hunter's own dps is pretty similar and then you add pet and BM takes the lead) so unless the pets make more of a difference then the raid performance of both specs might be similar.

Well pets will make a lot of difference. Strings of crits and quite some additional damage from pet talents make it a very fair prediction. All this will work a lot better for BM than other builts.
    Well the idea is always that BM does more damage just because of the fact that you depend on pet to do damage with BM. If MM did the same dps, everyone would go MM since if pet dies you don't lose much damage. But so far the extra dps talents on MM seem to outweigh BM's advantages. Let's wait and see what happens.

would be my raiding BM build.
    Possibly move points from Careful Aim to imp. Hunter's Mark if (and only if) we get a new rank of the spell. If not, Careful Aim is the better choice.

Although I'm sticking to Surv in the xpack, something like this spec looks awesome: http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

It's time for the BM Hunters this expansion to keep up scorpid sting :P

Have I missed the hunter pet talents somewhere?

Tbh this one is probably better, I don't think ever that 150 attackpower is gonna be better than 5% overall damage.
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=ctbMzgxRwuMesz0eVbZx

Not sure about the Carefull aim vs Rapid Killing, it all depends on the gear etc.