Hand of Purity - will it be implemented?

Hi,

At the WWI Blizzard mentioned something about this new skill - Hand of Purity. So far we get new skills and talents but no info about it. Anyone knows what happened to it?

Re: Hand of Purity - will it be implemented?

Good question, I've been looking myself but cannot find anything related. Maybe it is still in development?

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

-NEW SKILL: Sacred Shield: Each time the target takes damage they gain a Sacred Shield, absorbing 500 damage. They cannot gain this effect more than once every 6 seconds. Instant cast, 35 Mana, 40 yd range , 30 sec duration (?)

This is "Hand of Purity".
    It seems that they just decided to rename it.
    English isn't my first language. I'm still trying my best.

Quote Originally Posted by October#EU
    -NEW SKILL: Sacred Shield: Each time the target takes damage they gain a Sacred Shield, absorbing 500 damage. They cannot gain this effect more than once every 6 seconds. Instant cast, 35 Mana, 40 yd range , 30 sec duration (?)

This is "Hand of Purity".
    It seems that they just decided to rename it.
    Yes.. this is the new holy healing spell...

I hope it has different scaling in PvE as PvP somehow. 500dmg/6sec is a butt load in PvP. Considering it negates about half of current warrior's incoming white damage, if not greater (and will be at least 30 to 40% damage still comes WotLK) it is already very potent. Either way, it's looking very delicious.

So the Paladin's new niche is damage prevention? I'm liking it.

And I assume when it was Hand of Purity it couldnt be cast on someone with freedom or bop, now it can (although it also wont gain the 30% mana cost cut and 30% dispell resistance from the talent, but overall still a good thing)