Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Blue: More "Polish" for mages coming up.

Why don't you mages quit the QQ fest for a second and go play pokemon or something?

Quote Originally Posted by AnArmedKurd
    Why don't you mages quit the QQ fest for a second and go play pokemon or something?
    i rerolled drood alrdy and my mage turned into fisherman and cook -_-

but anyway blizzard wont buff mages too soon. at least not until number of mages drops. not so long ago mages were one of the most populated class. many new players will still choose mages ("yay magic! gogo fireballs"), and to balance numbers class is nerfed until new players are the only people who want to play it. on the contrary locks werent so many in the beginning of tbc (at least on my realm) so they got nice upgrades. the only puzzle are rogues and hunters. these are one of the most populated classes and one of the best dpsers too...
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

we will stop QQing, when we get Haunt, Fireform and Chaosball... oh wait... deja vu...

QQ 'bout QQ = QQ... pls stop it 8)

Oh yeah, that means a lot much coming from a warlock. :

Don't want to read this? Then GTFO the mage forum.

Quote Originally Posted by procne

("yay magic! gogo fireballs")
    lol
    yea it happened to me too. pre-bc i loved my mage so much. and now i hate it and rerolled priest

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    Oh yeah, that means a lot much coming from a warlock. :

Don't want to read this? Then GTFO the mage forum.
    Oh yeah evil warlocks, taking poor little cute totally loveable mages raidspots. Excuse me while I /wrist in shame. :-[ 'sides it's not only the mage forum you're spamming your QQ.

and the deep frost (what ever its called) talent in frost has imo way too long cast time. you get target in nova and cast it 1.5secs. right. shammy will just shock it or rogue deadly throw or something. it should be instant imo. nova -> cast DF -> 2-3secs wasted -> nova might be up for more 3secs after that..

or think it this way. you get nova on enemy. what will happen:
    druid = shapeshift
    rogue = DT / vanish / cos
    shammy = GT / shock
    mage = blink,ib
    lock = fear / dc / pet silence
    hunter = SH / FG / silencing shot / bw
    pala = dispell
    priest = dispell
    so imo deep freeze will be pretty useless in some situations with 1.5sec cast. make it instant.
    fire used to be good pre-bc and you werent actually able to oneshot ppl who had equal gear to you.
    this post is like off topic...

Oh yeah evil warlocks, taking poor little cute totally loveable mages raidspots. Excuse me while I /wrist in shame. :-[ 'sides it's not only the mage forum you're spamming your QQ.

MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft Guides and Raid Strategies > Forum > Wrath of the Lich King - Classes > Class - Mage

Uh yeah, please stfu, because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Let's hope your retardation isn't infectious.

anyone notice they just told shammy's they were going to do a "polish them up" in todays updated patch notes?

Quote Originally Posted by jizziee
    and the deep frost (what ever its called) talent in frost has imo way too long cast time. you get target in nova and cast it 1.5secs. right. shammy will just shock it or rogue deadly throw or something. it should be instant imo. nova -> cast DF -> 2-3secs wasted -> nova might be up for more 3secs after that..
    It has a 1.5 second cast time so that none of the stun is wasted by the GCD. If it were instant, you would only have 3.5 seconds to "do" anything. With the cast time, you get the full duration. If you're that concerned about it being interrupted, pop IV beforehand. It is very unlikely that it will be interrupted, you won't have to worry about pushback, and you'll be able to cast faster while the opponent is stunned.

Well, you should all know how subtle the blues need to be by now. Wouldn't want to spoil anything, you know!

But yeah, at least let's hope that Mages will get a little bit improved. But when I start PvP in WotLK anyways... It's going to be the sweetness!

''This one time... I'M going to do some ROTTENNESS. And those Warlocks won't stop me! In a word... They'll all be SUNK! Mhaaahahahahahah!''

Arctic reach doesn't effect ice lance anymore....

Sweet....

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    Arctic reach doesn't effect ice lance anymore....

Sweet....
    Thats so weak...

Even gives warrior a better chance to charge us now...

May be they want all mages to be arcane instead...

Anyway, nerfing mages wont make more people wanna level one from 70 to 80 now...

Class population control ??
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Aurin

Quote Originally Posted by fnovd
    It has a 1.5 second cast time so that none of the stun is wasted by the GCD. If it were instant, you would only have 3.5 seconds to "do" anything. With the cast time, you get the full duration. If you're that concerned about it being interrupted, pop IV beforehand. It is very unlikely that it will be interrupted, you won't have to worry about pushback, and you'll be able to cast faster while the opponent is stunned.
    why would you say this stupid crap, you cast your spell you lose the 1.5 second cooldown during the cast you lose the time regardless
    however the person can remove freeze before this time is up with ease, you cast it instantly u have an actual chance of it hitting at frozen target
    frost nova is an instant with 1.5 a global freeze 8 seconds loses the 1.5, 6.5 left during this cooldown it could be trinketed now you either cast for another 1.5 seconds or cast instant for another 1.5 global leaving you with 4 secs of a frozen stunned target without lag and reaction times.
    so they have 3 secs to break the nova if its cast 1.5 if it's instant, still leaving you with 4 secs of frostbite before diminishing returns.
    you freeze them with a frostbite proc they get 1.5 sec if your casting none if it's instant.
    There is no damage on the stun and as such an instant cast is always better.
    It's are rather poor talent as long as it has a cast time as you cannot move and cast and as such it's only use in escaping from damage is limited greatly, even more poor when noted that it takes away from time you could be doing damage with high opportunity to crit.
    situational and gimmicky, it's comparable to living bomb.

pshh, mages have all the right to QQ, one guy posted something from a blizzard manual that we are (very strong dps that is compared to a rogue, but even then, rogues still need to get in melee range to do the dmg) etc.

Now, we've officially been announced by the top 2-5 guilds (including nihilum, sk, method) as being the most useless class and ATM were one of the least buffed and for being non-hybrid, pure dmg class, we should be treated like kings =D

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    why would you say this stupid crap, you cast your spell you lose the 1.5 second cooldown during the cast you lose the time regardless
    however the person can remove freeze before this time is up with ease, you cast it instantly u have an actual chance of it hitting at frozen target
    frost nova is an instant with 1.5 a global freeze 8 seconds loses the 1.5, 6.5 left during this cooldown it could be trinketed now you either cast for another 1.5 seconds or cast instant for another 1.5 global leaving you with 4 secs of a frozen stunned target without lag and reaction times.
    so they have 3 secs to break the nova if its cast 1.5 if it's instant, still leaving you with 4 secs of frostbite before diminishing returns.
    you freeze them with a frostbite proc they get 1.5 sec if your casting none if it's instant.
    There is no damage on the stun and as such an instant cast is always better.
    It's are rather poor talent as long as it has a cast time as you cannot move and cast and as such it's only use in escaping from damage is limited greatly, even more poor when noted that it takes away from time you could be doing damage with high opportunity to crit.
    situational and gimmicky, it's comparable to living bomb.
    He meant if you had an instant deep freeze the GCD would go into effect instantly, and you'd actually have a 3.5 sec stun. With a 1.5 sec cast the GCD does not effect it, at least not after you cast, and you get a 5 second stun.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ursin&n=Revolok