Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Grip of the Titans

Now I know that the talent only gives a slowing of speed, but having two twohanders with their large stats at full does sound a bit much, or is the ammount you actually get off those stats lowered too?
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Re: Grip of the Titans

I am going to test it but I afraid that we will face very spiky rage generation and with dualwield missrate applied on such slow weapons it might be not as cool as it seems :> maybe great for flexing in Shat ???

The D2 titain grip had the same wording, but you could carry two, twohanded weapons, one in each hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Azubis

Man so many threads keep getting made about this. Lrn2Read people.
    If you still don't understand let me put it this way, if you had a gorehowl, a spiteblade, a stormherald and a decapitator you could ONLY have the following setups:
    Gorehowl(2h) + Spiteblade(1h)
    Stormherald(2h) + Decapitaor(1h)
    Gorehowl(2h) + Decapitator(1h)
    Stormherald(2h) + Spiteblade(1h)
    That would be grammatically incorrect surely?
    If it said "Allows you to equip two-handed axes,maces and sword in both hands" it would still be two handed.
    The way it's worded is it means you can equip something which usually requires two hands. In one.
    There's literally no evidence to suggest that what you said is true, atleast no evidence i've read anyway.

On a side note: there's some pretty solid theorycrafting on elitistjerks that are predicting this talent to fail quite epically due to the speed penalty.

Man so many threads keep getting made about this. Lrn2Read people.
    If you still don't understand let me put it this way, if you had a gorehowl, a spiteblade, a stormherald and a decapitator you could ONLY have the following setups:
    Gorehowl(2h) + Spiteblade(1h)
    Stormherald(2h) + Decapitaor(1h)
    Gorehowl(2h) + Decapitator(1h)
    Stormherald(2h) + Spiteblade(1h)
    It was confirmed at WWI that you can wield a 2h in EACH hand.  There are plenty videos/SS of people in alpha/beta wielding things like cat's edge + season 3 2h mace.  Please actually read the website you're posting on.

Edit: that being said, it's still a crappy talent because it decreases white dps over 2 1h weapons and your rotation will be heavily dependent on hitting your target, so no stacking str/crit like we should be doing

Duel wielding 2handers would make NO sense AT ALL, the stat overload on warrs would be ridiculous. We'd be the hardest hitting melee in the game and I REFUSE to be believe blizz will allow that.

Duel wielding 2handers would make NO sense AT ALL, the stat overload on warrs would be ridiculous. We'd be the hardest hitting melee in the game and I REFUSE to be believe blizz will allow that.
    Stats don't make up for a screwed up rotation, rage generation problems and rubbish white damage.

wasn't the warrior (dps build) designed to be the one the highest melee DPS in the begin of the game ?

Wrong. You can have TWO 2-handed weapons in BOTH hands.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a-ZG86g60us

It was even confirmed at WWI by Blizzard themselves. I hope you feel like a idiot now.

If they wanted to restrict it, they would of probably would of said "In only one hand".

pallies are, always have been, and will remain the hardest hitting melee..
    even with this talent implemented

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyEendje
    wasn't the warrior (dps build) designed to be the one the highest melee DPS in the begin of the game ?
    Which was something that never made sense to me at all - a single class being the best tank for raid encounters (pretty much the only tank class before TBC buffed druids and pallies) AND being one of, if not THE best damage dealer (and DPS warriors could also offtank adds or trash in Naxx), AND also an awesome PvP class - at least in vanilla WOW.

Well, unless those outcries of "the lead designers all play warriors" are true.

Quote Originally Posted by ÆONFLUX
    The youth nowadays has shitty engwish skeelz
    i lernt at mah skewl

"allows you to equip two-handed axes, maces and swords in one hand,..."

It doesn´t say "main hand".
    And since you have two hands, you can do this twice.

It would like to add a couple of rhetoric questions:
    "Does anyone remember the barbarian from Diablo 2 ?
    Could he use two 2-hand-weapons?
    From which company was that game?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker
    Which was something that never made sense to me at all - a single class being the best tank for raid encounters (pretty much the only tank class before TBC buffed druids and pallies) AND being one of, if not THE best damage dealer (and DPS warriors could also offtank adds or trash in Naxx), AND also an awesome PvP class - at least in vanilla WOW.

If you're gonna bring out vanilla wow i'm just gonna say "7k Windfury" and leave it at that.

15+ Year Old Account
    In a place where hordes of squirrels roam free.

just need to say that... we are going to be overrun in tankin roles... so this is very much welcomed in my heart and finger tips
    Speaking for morality in economics is like fucking for virginity.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    pallies are, always have been, and will remain the hardest hitting melee..
    even with this talent implemented
    Correct me if im wrong but....i dont think pallys can out do 7-8k Windfury ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker

So when a class that's name and description implies he's the king of melee is actually the king of melee it doesn't make sense to you? To me rogues being the primary melee DPS doesn't make sense.

Btw Heroic Leap looks disappointing, I thought it'd get a fancy new effect not some shitty thunderclap ripoff. Hope the animation's just a placeholder and will get it's own. =/

Heroic Leap would hit for around 2000-4000 (can't tell exact numbers of WotLK yet) damage in 5 yards AoE + 2 sec stun, I won't call that "shitty thunderclap".

Quote Originally Posted by Jussie
    Heroic Leap would hit for around 2000-4000 (can't tell exact numbers of WotLK yet) damage in 5 yards AoE + 2 sec stun, I won't call that "shitty thunderclap".
    hes speaking of the stupid animation and as a warrior myself i find it kinda lame that its thunderclap animation.

wow they changed the stance animation icon...... but cant give a good one to our new 51 points talent lol