Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DK Gear (what I can get NOW)

So for those of us who will be rolling DK when WOTLK hits, is there any suggestions the people who are playing DKs now can give?

What gear would be helpful, or is it all really good anyway? I plan to go crazy and flask for fun. Considering I've got 8 million anyway.

Re: DK Gear (what I can get NOW)

nothing

DKs apparently finish their starting area with a rather solid set of gear... :-)

Honestly? Nothing.

They start at 55 and all of their quests give them a really solid set of gear that's better than almost anything non-raid in old world. In TBC, anything you could buy off the auction house will 99% of the time blow chunks and be far, far inferior to quested rewards.

Sure, you can spend some cash to get some of the level 70 crafted epic Warrior-esque gear crafted, but there's not really much else you can buy.

Basically DK's are all going to look the same til about level 60 I think, then as they get upgrades, everyone will start to look less and less the same.

Currently none of the gear in the game is for deathknight. I think they will need to add heaps of new stuff from 55-70.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Leprodigy

Currently none of the gear in the game is for deathknight. I think they will need to add heaps of new stuff from 55-70.
    DK's will take the same DPS and tanking plate as pallies and warriors. Just like Retadins are getting, their spells will be boosted with AP, not spellpower.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

What? Attack power increases spell damage with or without talents? Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    DKs apparently finish their starting area with a rather solid set of gear... :-)
    Will enchants help? I.E. Executioner.

At 55 you will get a solid blue set. At 68ish you will be able to start in Northrend

That leaves a fairly wide gap in-between.

I think it's safe to say that just about everything in Azeroth is either redundant or can't be prepped in advance

So the gear you can prepare is TBC BOEs and blues, crafted blacksmith gear. Also consumables: sharpening stones, elixirs, health potions will all speed levelling. Plus all the mats you need to level two professions

Armour patches can be prepared as can mats for enchants. If you have, for instance the mats for Mongoose sitting in the bank it will be reasonably easy to get your level 55 quest blue enchanted for that little extra boost

Here's an example of a nice DK twink item, especially after you enchant 15 Strength on it:

http://thottbot.com/i31180

If you skill up Engineering you can use these from 62 (the only epic armour worth shooting for imho):
    http://thottbot.com/i32461

Just do a search on one of the gear sites for 58-68 blues and you'll find what you need. Here are 61-68 Plate BOEs

http://thottbot.com/?f=a&name=&skill...&v5=&e=#A::A:3

I'm not sure... I was farming BRD for large brilliants and some trash mob dropped a Life Stone. I decided to keep it since the DK starting gear probably doesn't include trinkets. Not that I'll need it with all the self helaing DKs do, but it wouldnt hurt to have 1 less empty slot.

afaik you get 2/3 trinkets, so no need for lifestone

Quote Originally Posted by Noru
    afaik you get 2/3 trinkets, so no need for lifestone
    Oh, thats definetly good to know, thanks : )

Quote Originally Posted by Verden Odela
    What? Attack power increases spell damage with or without talents? Explain.
    Its built into the spells. i.e. Pestilence and Corpse Explosion description says "modified by attack power"

nothing, I would suggest that you buy "regents" for the Argent dawn turn in quests since they give nice xp the first time you turn them in. just to boost the lvling.

but thats about the only thing thats worth doing for now.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeline
    I'm not sure... I was farming BRD for large brilliants and some trash mob dropped a Life Stone. I decided to keep it since the DK starting gear probably doesn't include trinkets. Not that I'll need it with all the self helaing DKs do, but it wouldnt hurt to have 1 less empty slot.
    You may as well auction it.

This is the only trinket anyone venturing the the Outlands will need:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=12846

Admit it. Most of the people crossing over into the Outlands have that thing equipped.

Would Blade of Misfortune be worth getting?

Or is the starting weapon totally op?

What about http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=5128 these were great trinkets for the Druid I leveled in 8 days. It worked great for both me and my leveling partner (warlock).

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=10659 would also work for leveling up quicker.

Don't forget to get all the consumables worked out prior, i'd expect 1 flask per level til 66 or so, probably 20 to 30 healing pots per level. Which isn't hard with Injectors, remember dailies now to get yer DK up as fast as possible. Also remember the starting area will be over run so you may want to get in and get out quickly, or just bypass it and go straight to Ramparts runs.

There's actually a movie, in which your starting gear is shown..

Deathknight Gear & a few Skills

So we start with Green Gear everywhere, but a Blue / Rare Sword (51.3 Dps, 127-191, Speed 3.1, 22 Str, 23 Hit).
    Which is fine, but you might wanna buy a bit gear.. I dno.. At least weapon, 'cause i don't recon getting a nice sword in quests

Edit: I don't know how to spell

The gear has been changed since that video, looks like its from alpha , gives me a good idea of how good the weapon is though.

Oh well, sowwy 'bout that.. :-\
    But i don't think that Deathknight's will be all blues.. Or we might be, but not something that lasts very long into BC content.. I'm definetly buying something, probably a weapon and a few Blues / Rares to level 62-67.. Since we're able to go to Northrend in level 68