Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best DK professions ?

As topic sais....What professions you think are better for a DK?

Re: Best DK professions ?

Too lazy for non class professions.

Mining and skinning ftw

Blacksmithing would be good for armor and weapons. A lot of insciption DKs though

Maybe Insc & Herb or Insc & Ench

I'll be quite surprised if Death Knights don't end up with their own +15 inscription skill/racial-esque bonus by the time WotLK hits live, for 2 reasons.

A) Blizzard likes to group up the newer options. Draenei got +15 JC skill.

B) Death Knights already have to inscribe their blade, or had to.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    I'll be quite surprised if Death Knights don't end up with their own +15 inscription skill/racial-esque bonus by the time WotLK hits live, for 2 reasons.

A) Blizzard likes to group up the newer options. Draenei got +15 JC skill.

B) Death Knights already have to inscribe their blade, or had to.
    Yeah but Draenei were a new race, many races have +profession skills. BE got +enchanting, Gnomes have +engineering, Tauren have +herb, ect. DK may just inherit skills based on what race you've chosen.

enchanting,lvling and DEing Q items,drops....will fetch a lot of money at 80

Mining + Skinning/Herbalism while levelling, selling the mats as you go to buy your mounts, leveling gear and skills.

At 80, go either BS + Inscription or BS + JC, depending on which provides the better BoP benefits (the 45Sta & 50AP JC-only gems look nice..., but inscription might let you pimp your tank skills, so hrm...). They intend to improve BS value to appropriate classes (i.e., more/better tanking/dps gear, etc.) so it should be a definite.

Isnt the rune forge thing going to be the proffesion? Meaning that it cannor have others, or maybe just one more.

Its a hero class. I dont think that they would want to many DK's running around ganking while people are leveling mining.

but we will have to wait and see I guess.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Isnt rune forging the same as poisons for rogues?

I would say BS and inscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprodigy
    Isnt the rune forge thing going to be the proffesion? Meaning that it cannor have others, or maybe just one more.

Its a hero class. I dont think that they would want to many DK's running around ganking while people are leveling mining.

but we will have to wait and see I guess.
    like the previous poster says its like poison from rogue or like having mining but smelting come with it still its not anotehr profession

What about the rumour that DK will start with 2 professions already at 375? Could only hope..

15+ Year Old Account

Neat, was about to ask this question.
    Runeforging is just as for rogues with poisen, it's a klass skill.

INS/BS .. but most probably gone go Mining/Bs (the cheapskate ones)

Inscription is a given for many i guess.. if you have the gold stached up.
    Myself have 3 gtabs on my bank char with ores/bars for BS lvling..
    Gone be interesting so see whats needed for inscription.. gone be a goose chase at the AH to get the low lvl mats of there asap for "ordinary" prices
    Class: Priest > Rogue > Warrior > Mage
    Server: Ravencrest > Tarren Mill > Outland
    Guilds: Borked > Fate has Fans > Loot FTW > GAMESENSE
    Gladiator S1, S2, S3, Brutal Gladiator(S4) S5.
    Currently making a come back @ Outland
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Drush/simple

Quote Originally Posted by megman042
    What about the rumour that DK will start with 2 professions already at 375? Could only hope..
    no maybe at 225 but never 375 since they start at lvl 55 dont forget that

15+ Year Old Account

Might wanne get a "poll" going in the topic. Woulden't be all that bad for all of thoose who CBA to reply.
    Just to get the general idea of what others think aswell.
    Class: Priest > Rogue > Warrior > Mage
    Server: Ravencrest > Tarren Mill > Outland
    Guilds: Borked > Fate has Fans > Loot FTW > GAMESENSE
    Gladiator S1, S2, S3, Brutal Gladiator(S4) S5.
    Currently making a come back @ Outland
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Drush/simple

I think these are the options (in no particular order):

1) Blacksmithing (supported by Mining or an alt). Strong option for a dpser or pvper at the beginning of the Expansion since it is likely that BS BoP weapons will significantly surpass most easily obtainable pve or pvp loot. Remember the Deep Thunder Arms Warrior demigods at the start of TBC?

Probably less critical for a tank. Firstly a chest does not boost a tank as much as a weapon boosts a dpser/pvper. Secondly you are more likely to quickly get decent loot on a par or almost on a par. Thirdly it's worth remembering that the TBC chest was quite poorly itemised for a pure tank

2) Herb/Alchemy. A staple for any raider. Easy to max professions which can provide decent income or support a 5 times a week raid habit. Of course these days daily quests are a reasonably valid alternative to picking flowers and arguably more fun.

3) Enchanting. One of the slowest professions to level without any obvious DK synergy. Quite hard to make money with unless you get one or more rare recipes. That can be a matter of luck, I know a guy who's farmed Kara for a year without getting Mongoose. Of course if you don't have prio on formulae it's even harder to get the top recipes.

On the plus side it can be a huge money earner whether you simply disenchant drops or spam the streets of Orgrimmar or Ironforge, or simply selling enchants on the AH

From the DK point of view remember everyone else will hit 80 before us and everyone else will get raid spots before us (unless you have one lined up before you roll). That is because they will be 80 first, they are playing classes people recognise the value of, and there will be about 10 DKs for every DK raid spot.

In short enchanting is one of the strongest professions but DK is one of the worst classes with respect to synergies for it.

Inscribing. Although it's early to judge Inscribing seems to be a service profession like Enchanting. Every will need their spells inscribed and their stuff enchanted but whereas players upgrade gear they won't often get new spells once they hit max level. On the other hand Inscribing looks like less work to level than Enchanting.

In short it's not a particularly attractive profession for the same reasons as Enchanting.

Engineering. This became an incredibly good profession in TBC because of the ability to extract motes. Stop for 3 seconds every now and then and pick up about 5 motes. With an epic flying mount players could hoover up multiple primals and they could set what they wanted to collect simply by choosing zone. Miner/Engineer friends reported that they were making more money gathering motes than gathering ore.

In addition it should give you an excellent epic helm for either of the DK's roles as well as a host of gadgets and consumables.

Quite possibly Engineering won't be quite so strong in WOTLK but if it retains any element of a gathering profession it will almost certainly be a very good choice.

Jewelcrafting: a solid moneymaker with useful BOPs. Unlike Enchanting the people who get to 80 before you and get raid spots ahead of you are not at an advantage regarding rare recipes since progression is mainly based on cash and grinding.

Leatherworking: pointless

Tailoring: pointless

Gathering professions:
    Skinning: Blood Death Knights should be amazing grinders with all those + damage and life leech feats. Skinning requires the least effort to develop and will make you decent money

Mining: ore will be in high demand since 3 professions depend on large quantities of it. Also useful paired with one of those 3 professions

Herbing: should be slightly more profitable with a new profession being introduced that depends on it.

My plan: I'm going Miner/Skinner until I have level 80 and epic flier, then will drop skinner and grind Engineer for the hat and a viable income profession, then will drop mining and level Blacksmithing for the weapon by paying for the ore with whatever the new version of motes is.

If Engineering doesn't have a farming aspect in WOTLK I'll go Miner/Skinner, then develop Blacksmith, then fill my alts with ore before dropping Mining to take Engineering.

The reason I'm starting with Mining/Skinning is I don't want to waste time with professions when I would rather focus on pushing to 80 fast and getting established as a raider and pvper.

Another question...

Bs...ok... but Weaponsmith or Armorsmith?

Quote Originally Posted by Scallyphant

Leatherworking: pointless
    You've got to be kidding me? Drums? Useless? wtf?

Also, the 2nd best leg armor kit in game is 70 attack power, 18 crit rating, useable by anyone, but ..

the BEST in game is 100 attack power, 36 crit rating and requires 410 leatherworking to use the kit.

Personally I am going with:

Mining - for the gold selling ore on the AH and the +35 Stam buff you get once you lvl it up

Herb - for the crazy Gold you will get on the AH with all the new scribs out there and there is sure to be a buff for it as well though they have not announced one for it yet.

Though i will have to go back and lvl these up, it is not really that bad, 100% mount can get both up in like 2-3 days easily (have done it on other toons before from skill lvl 1) Though the BoP items from other professions would be nice, I'm all about making some money, plus for all the non-BoP items (pots/elixirs/armor/etc.) I will have plenty of mats for others to craft me things, plus the gold to buy my chants off the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Croz730

Mining - for the gold selling ore on the AH and the +35 Stam buff you get once you lvl it up
    Stamina Buff..? Where do you get that from..? Wha' did i miss..? :-\