15+ Year Old Account

What's the point in posting specs?

People just end up replying saying "oh you wasted your 2 points on such&such, here's my spec it's better." everyone thinks that they are better than everyone else it just seems pointless.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Re: What's the point in posting specs?

Then don't read it.. It's theorycrafting..

A lot of people play this game because they love how the game mechanics work i.e figuring out specs, rotations, gear setup etc etc.
    Wotlk specs are inaccurate ofc, since nothings final yet, but it's smart to start puzling with it now. It will give you a greater understanding of your /others class @ 80.

As for ranting on each others future specs; people do it with 70 specs, what makes you think they won't do it with 80 specs it's why we have forums, to discuss
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

There is none.

hmm what's the point of giving an opinion on something..? tough one...
    Well anyway, I agree with the fact that it is rather pointless to post specs (because mine are always better).

Quote Originally Posted by Snes
    People just end up replying saying "oh you wasted your 2 points on such&such, here's my spec it's better." everyone thinks that they are better than everyone else it just seems pointless.
    k, 2 choices

A) theorcraft and get to know your new talents better, so you do welll at 80, in a collabaration effort with others.

B) Don't theorycraft and wonder why you do 500 dps.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    k, 2 choices

A) theorcraft and get to know your new talents better, so you do welll at 80, in a collabaration effort with others.

B) Don't theorycraft and wonder why you do 500 dps.
    just because you don't theorycraft doesn't mean you are not going to do well. there are people who get specs to work by testing it in game and finding what works best with them.

Quote Originally Posted by gatri
    just because you don't theorycraft doesn't mean you are not going to do well. there are people who get specs to work by testing it in game and finding what works best with them.
    "What works best for them"....that's kinda cute.

There are such things as "best specs". It's entirely provable with both theorycrafting and empirical evidence.

People are trying to figure out these best specs now. Once they are figured out, everyone will use these specs because they are the only ones worth using...or...you know...people will be newbs and use inferior specs that they "thought up themselves and works good for them" and do inferior damage. That is their choice I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by khanthal
    "What works best for them"....that's kinda cute.

There are such things as "best specs". It's entirely provable with both theorycrafting and empirical evidence.

People are trying to figure out these best specs now. Once they are figured out, everyone will use these specs because they are the only ones worth using...or...you know...people will be newbs and use inferior specs that they "thought up themselves and works good for them" and do inferior damage. That is their choice I suppose.
    i am not saying there is not one best spec for some classes what i was saying there are some classes that have no best spec and that you don't have to theorycraft to get to the best spec

The people who didn't theorycraft for BC were the ones who were left behind doing KZ and PvP for most of their BC experience. They weren't able to raid cuz they weren't competent.

The people who didn't theorycraft for BC were the ones who were left behind doing KZ and PvP for most of their BC experience. They weren't able to raid cuz they weren't competent.
    i made it into t6 content as a tank with out theorycrafting

Yes we know there can't possibly be more than one spec that can do equal damage... its impossible

Quote Originally Posted by ganglord
    Yes we know there can't possibly be more than one spec that can do equal damage... its impossible
    No. But there is only 1(uno, one) spec per class that will deal THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE DPS. For mages it was fire, for warlocks it was 0/21/40/, for rogues it was the standard 19/42/0, for shamans elemental it was 41/0/20. These aren't speculations, they are facts. Fact: each class has 1 spec for the highest possible dps. Prove to me otherwise with a BC example

15+ Year Old Account

Theorycrafting is good for many reasons.

1. WotLK aint out yet so all we can do atm is speculate, I'm waiting for it to arrive so this is a good way to get involved already.
    2. It helps look at the good and bad points of something, opinions are given and you become educated as you learn something from feedback that you may not have known yourself.
    3. It will prepare you for WotLK (thought these arent set in stone yet) and so when it arrives you wont have as much thrown at you in your first day.
    4. Dunno how useful it actually is, but I'm sure it helps towards giving feedback to Blizzard
    5. Theorycrafting means you have higher playing skills, you know more so therefore you know such things like rend=crap where someone who never looked into it might not know that.
    6. When someone asks "whats better out of x and y" do you want to reply "x is" or give an informed answer with detail and include the variations? It's a nice level of intellect to have in chat to keep the tards away from talking crap.

Dunno bout you but I think knowing stuff is a good thing, so it aint pointless- unless you fancy running 10man Naxx till the next expac.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

No. But there is only 1(uno, one) spec per class that will deal THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE DPS. For mages it was fire, for warlocks it was 0/21/40/, for rogues it was the standard 19/42/0, for shamans elemental it was 41/0/20. These aren't speculations, they are facts. Fact: each class has 1 spec for the highest possible dps. Prove to me otherwise with a BC example
    ok in my guild our number one dps in the guild was a rogue named lokkek he could do as much dmg as raid hemo and he could as mutilate spec as he could combat swords. No other person in the guild could get near him in dmg as any of spec even people that out geared him. In all cases skill > spec.

Quote Originally Posted by gatri
    ok in my guild our number one dps in the guild was a rogue named lokkek he could do as much dmg as raid hemo and he could as mutilate spec as he could combat swords. No other person in the guild could get near him in dmg as any of spec even people that out geared him. In all cases skill > spec.
    Your guild sucks. Or your guild raids KZ with pvp gear. Here is are specs that can't top dps meters ever:
    SL/SL warlock
    Felguard warlock
    Frost pvp mage
    MS warriors (pvp spec/otherwise)

Your guild sucks. Or your guild raids KZ with pvp gear. Here is are specs that can't top dps meters ever:
    SL/SL warlock
    Felguard warlock
    Frost pvp mage
    MS warriors (pvp spec/otherwise)
    my guild made it into t6 lvl before i left and yes there are some specs that just dont work for raiding that dosnt mean that a class cant have more then one that does work

15+ Year Old Account

Indeed your guild sucks.
    A hemo spec rogue wont do more damage than a combat spec for PvE, ever, and if he was top of dps as hemo then your dps needs to l2p

Just goes to show that if your guild doesn't theorycraft then a hemo rogue will top the meters.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

Quote Originally Posted by xenaros
    Indeed your guild sucks.
    A hemo spec rogue wont do more damage than a combat spec for PvE, ever, and if he was top of dps as hemo then your dps needs to l2p

Just goes to show that if your guild doesn't theorycraft then a hemo rogue will top the meters.
    most of the dps were cookie cutter specs for there class

This is why we theorycraft.

15+ Year Old Account

Theorycrafting is good for many reasons.

1. WotLK aint out yet so all we can do atm is speculate, I'm waiting for it to arrive so this is a good way to get involved already.
    2. It helps look at the good and bad points of something, opinions are given and you become educated as you learn something from feedback that you may not have known yourself.
    3. It will prepare you for WotLK (thought these arent set in stone yet) and so when it arrives you wont have as much thrown at you in your first day.
    4. Dunno how useful it actually is, but I'm sure it helps towards giving feedback to Blizzard
    5. Theorycrafting means you have higher playing skills, you know more so therefore you know such things like rend=crap where someone who never looked into it might not know that.
    6. When someone asks "whats better out of x and y" do you want to reply "x is" or give an informed answer with detail and include the variations? It's a nice level of intellect to have in chat to keep the tards away from talking crap.

Dunno bout you but I think knowing stuff is a good thing, so it aint pointless- unless you fancy running 10man Naxx till the next expac.
    the most educated feedback we seem to get on this forum is "omg your such a newb you should use this spec its better cause i played wotlk alreadyz"
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.