Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Here's what would happen if rogues had prot spec. and warriors lost prot.

[Warrior](fury [yay we get to have fun]): Hey guys this rogue wants to join us, should I see if he's prot?
    [Mage]: Sure.
    [Warrior] whispers rogue: hey are you prot?
    [Rogue] replies: nah I'm combat swords.
    [Warrior]: he's combat swords
    [Mage]: wtf, rogues have a tank tree, they were MADE for tanking. what a noob.
    [Warrior] whispers rogue: sorry we need tank.
    [Rogue]: wth, we are one of the best dps in the game, why should we have to all be prot?
    [Warrior] replies: Now you know how it feels bitch :P.
    You are being ignored.

personally I'm a prot warrior but screw it I'm going fury or something for the expansion there will be shitloads of death knights that can tank anyways.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Re: Here's what would happen if rogues had prot spec. and warriors lost prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes
    [Warrior](fury [yay we get to have fun]): Hey guys this rogue wants to join us, should I see if he's prot?
    [Rogue]: wth, we are one of the best dps in the game, why should we have to all be prot?
    You are being ignored.

personally I'm a prot warrior but screw it I'm going fury or something for the expansion there will be shitloads of death knights that can tank anyways.
    You're right with that argument my friend, because everyone including their dog will be re-rolling a death knight so yeah, there will be plenty of tanks this expansion.

For every Light, there is a Shadow.

Save Net Neutrality, spread the word!

Excellent argument post that next time you get denied into a group

Play warrior myself, prot tho, so I don't really have that problem But I feel sorry for my fury /arms friends
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

Sorry warr are not one of the best dps. I think of fury warrs like feral cat druids, good in a pinch but I'd take a comparably geared rogue any day of the week. No threat dump ftl. But don't be sad warrs are OP in arena at least. :-*

Quote Originally Posted by ar10
    Sorry warr are not one of the best dps. I think of fury warrs like feral cat druids, good in a pinch but I'd take a comparably geared rogue any day of the week. No threat dump ftl. But don't be sad warrs are OP in arena at least. :-*
    You are wrong... our fury warrior is a contender with our glaive rogue (One glaive), and is usually above our other rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by ar10
    You must have played with utter fail warriors in s2 / freebie eplix :

Our fury warrior have topped dps meters on melee friendly fights, and is usually pretty high up on normal fights as well. Close or better than the rogues, and he actually brings a useful buff
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

then yur rogues sux imo

Quote Originally Posted by DrBlackJack
    then yur rogues sux imo
    Less dedicated perhaps.

Never the less, saying that fury dps sucks is way off

You guys do know that DK's are suppose to be better at tanking magic dealing mobs. You will still need Tanks that can handle Melee mobs.

I can definitely understand the argument being made by the warriors here. Warriors can be awesome dps but they are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and few between, I've seen 2 on my server do top notch damage. But the point is warriors can do some damage.

But the way I look at WoW is who cares what you want to play if no one needs it in a raid or group. End-game and raiding is all about grouping, if people dont utilize your spec in a raid your kind of screwed. It's a trade off. Do you want to do DPS and take some time finding a group? or Do you want to tank and run everything? If you dont like it then that sucks, roll something else that will get you in a group b/c obviously if your to the point of rerolling, you really want to see the content.

People are going to take the best group they can get, so that they have the best opportunity to down a boss. You cant fault them for that. However if the warrior is known to do better dps then the rogue and they are taking it strictly on bias then that is wrong.

and yeah rogues w/ glaives being out dpsd by a warrior probably less geared...better take another look at the ol' rotation.

You are being ignored.

warriors will do terricrap dps compared to every other class unless fury gets a complete overhaul
    This user has been banned.

15+ Year Old Account

And as far as threat goes, fury warriors get a total 20% passive threat reduction with imp. berserker stance and furious resolve, which means we don't need to waste rage on a feint-type ability and can keep dpsing our hearts out, whereas rogues need to use 20 energy for feint on a 10 sec. cooldown if their threat gets too high. Unless you have a utility/shadowstep rogue in the raid which isn't as likely but you never know I guess.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    warriors will do terricrap dps compared to every other class unless fury gets a complete overhaul
    ignorance ftw.

ignorance ftw.
    no u? Titan's Grip sucks, and that is supposed to be our godemode for wotlk.

And as far as threat goes, fury warriors get a total 20% passive threat reduction with imp. berserker stance and furious resolve, which means we don't need to waste rage on a feint-type ability and can keep dpsing our hearts out, whereas rogues need to use 20 energy for feint on a 10 sec. cooldown if their threat gets too high. Unless you have a utility/shadowstep rogue in the raid which isn't as likely but you never know I guess.
    A good rogue will never feint.
    This user has been banned.

Well all i can say is we dont have a protection tree.

So QQ less please or reroll rogue

Regards - Zekke

ignorance ftw.
    Name: Varithorn1
    Position: Full Member
    Date Registered: July 12, 2008, 05:13:04 AM
    Last Active: July 22, 2008, 02:15:03 AM

Local Time: July 22, 2008, 02:25:09 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Calath
    Unvalid argument. He is, infact, right in this matter.
    Because warriors are so bad that no one takes them to raid right. Right.

Edit because you did: I didn't even notice this was in the wotlk forums... So if we're going to talk about rogue vs fury warrior dps in wotlk, I don't think anyone has any right to say any class/spec dps is 'terricrap.'

Oh but they do. At least as far as I've seen. I seem to remember Nihilium bringing fury warriors into raids for both utility and awzum damage. At least to Illidan. Not so much updated on the PvE front after Sunwell was released.

World first Kil'jaeden : Third highest DPS was an Arms warrior alot of the time it depends on the played not the spec/gear

Regards - Zekke

Oh I know alright, I didn't start until TBC came out and my first toon was a warrior (was a barb in d2...). I raid as blood frenzy and am happy to bring the sweet buffs/debuffs, as well as my 'terricrap' dps. :