Thread: THE Resto spec?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: THE Resto spec?

For raiding trees you will need to spend 56 points in resto:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZZf0IubuxVuVIst

The rest of the talent points won't matter.

Personally this will be my spec:

12/0/59 - and I will PvP with this as well as raid.
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0xcMbZZf0IubuxVuAIst

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor
    Hmmm. I don't know if I would touch dreamstate anymore, I like Gift of the Earth Mother... a lot. Gift of the Earth Mother = Instant 2800 mana if you have full HoTs on a target and you NS healing touch a target.
    how do you get that number ?

fist you need omen of clarity to get any mana +

and lvl 79 healing touch costs 1400 mana. 20% (lifebloom, rejuv, regwroth, flourish =4 x 5 )

or am i getting something completly wrong ?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eilt
    For raiding trees you will need to spend 56 points in resto:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZZf0IubuxVuVIst

The rest of the talent points won't matter.
    well, with the change of tree of life (all restoration spells castable, but just hots with 20% less mana) i think that a tree will cast here and then the non-hot-heals aswell... especially if you geht this 12 points left into the three talents which empowers the HT... i think... where is the sense of talenting gift of the earthmother bot not skilling HT anyways? yeah, it's not the 2,8k mana you get as someone mentioned bevore... but... it lowers the manacost by another 20% of BASE manacost, if all your 4 hots are up. so HT is not an 1400 mana heal anymore, but an... roughly 1000... and it will heal ALOT... at 5k baseheal with all +heal (i think it would be something about +3k upwards at lvl80 raids, with all modificatons on the restro tree I expect 5-digit NONCRITS as default for HT.... and this couldn be so bad if all the hots are up additionally

and for pvp... this 12 points in balance doesn't decide a match in pvp... so I think there is an "extra" pvp spec in wotlk as it is currently in bc... so i see no reason to put any talentpoints into balance for an pure pve tree.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0zjZVGG0f0zZcEcu0uxVzi

this would be for pvp, arena mostly. not so much battle grounds but it would do well there.

as for raiding, im a full resto guy
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZZfVIuVugiuAIst

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor
    spoken like a true Karazhan druid <3<3<3

Quote Originally Posted by JeggredHalfDemon

as for raiding, im a full resto guy
    Same here, but I will take 2 Points out of Natural Perfection to put into Master Shapeshifter:

I don't think 2% crit (on a druid) and a little less damage taken in a raid make up the 4% more healing.
    Depends on how much time is spend in tree form though. Right now, I switch into it hardly at all.

Will have to try out the specc once WOTLK hits ...

How can any Resto Druid taking Tree of Life not also take Master Shapeshifter?

Of course, we have no clue what Blizzard will through at us in instances, heroics, and raids, but it does not change the role of a PvE spec'd and geared Resto Druid. The changes Blizzard has posted for the Restoration tree are incredible. In my opinion, any self-respecting Druid that doesn't take advantage of these probably doesn't understand the strength of a Druid healer. People who refuse to take ToL especially have no clue how awesome a Druid healer is (and WILL be in WotLK). Personally, I consider the following spec to be necessary for any instance/raiding Resto Druid:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

I plan to be a full 71 Resto for raiding, unless it would help to take certain Balance talents for increased utility in raids (though I doubt it), and then (given the two-spec option that Blizzard is considering) I'd take Balance for questing.

15+ Year Old Account

where is the sense of talenting gift of the earthmother bot not skilling HT anyways
    Maybe you should read the first part of the tooltip, where it reduces the GCD on lifebloom and rejuv by .5 seconds. Increasing the amount of GCDs in your spell rotation is HANDED to you with 0 haste.

I have a question I doubt anyone can answer...

Will the Tree of Life aura for more than one Resto Druid in a raid stack if they are all within range?

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    I have a question I doubt anyone can answer...

Will the Tree of Life aura for more than one Resto Druid in a raid stack if they are all within range?
    No they will not. And for everybody who doesn't know... Omen of Clarity is going to be a passive ability if talented so it can't be purged/dispelled.

15+ Year Old Account

Maybe you should read the first part of the tooltip, where it reduces the GCD on lifebloom and rejuv by .5 seconds. Increasing the amount of GCDs in your spell rotation is HANDED to you with 0 haste.
    yes, ok. i read it, but the talent is not only on this part... so i think, a full restro (0/0/71 with 1/3 natural perfection or 1/0/70) is the way to go for raids.

and why 0 haste? you can lower the global cd up to zero if you stack enough haste. theoretically.

Sry for my english...

Talent build is evolution. When you will reach 80, you will have small mana pool, small manareg. And if boss fight length is ~8 min., you should heal all 8 min., not the first 4... So evolution begins with talents that gives more mana; manareg; smaller spell costs > then when you gear up, you replace these talents with talents that gives bigger heals; faster casts; smaller cooldowns.

Example of evolution (start):
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...50053025301000

NB!!! this is only example !!!

There are all possible talents that lowers mana problems when main heal spell is Regrowth (this spell has good synergy with Improved Regrowth<>Nature's Grace<>Living Seed). So its more than 50% crit >> next spell 1.5 sec cast (like global cooldown) >> leaves seed on target for 30% healed >> leaves HOT on target for 21 sec. so new direct spell Nourish gets 20% more heal...

From this point you can start replacing talents. If you use Nature's Swiftness or Swiftmend, take them instead of Natural Perfection. When you feel comfortable with mana, you can change talents like Dreamstate and Moonglow in Balance tree.

There will be a point in evolution, when you will see that there is only 1 talent in balance tree (Nature's Grace), and he doesn't worth 21 points. There is so many new REALLY GOOD talents in resto tree. So in one or another way, true PVE resto build will end up in FULL resto build.

In BC there were problems with resto tree. And to increase my HPS, I was raiding in this build (now is summer 8)):
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...gerspine&n=Ahh
    But in WotLK I will have no problems to spend all points in resto tree. With haste rating even HT i think will be usable.

And again: when you will reach 80, don't look internet for one best real resto pve build. If you have problems with mana, take talents that suits your needs, you can change them later.

15+ Year Old Account

yes, ok. i read it, but the talent is not only on this part... so i think, a full restro (0/0/71 with 1/3 natural perfection or 1/0/70) is the way to go for raids.

and why 0 haste? you can lower the global cd up to zero if you stack enough haste. theoretically.
    I am well aware it is not the only part of the talent, but I still won't be casting HT without a NS, so I am not going to bother with the HT talents, just like always.

Specing 71 points in resto is fine, I am not saying you can't do it, I am saying that 56 points in resto is the MINIMUM, after that you can do wahtever you want with the remaining points. Personally I will get more gain out some imp thorns and DPS abilities compared to me actually bothering to cast HT.

Also, I am saying that with 0 haste you still lower the GCD by .5, not saying you SHOULD have 0 haste, it is just an example.

On a side note, depending on the encounter, reducing tranquility CD to 5 minutes may become useful....again, the encounter would have to be perfect for it for me to bother speccing into tranquility though. But as with sunwell I would imagine a ton of AoE damage is the wave of raiding in the future, so we shall see.

I am well aware it is not the only part of the talent, but I still won't be casting HT without a NS, so I am not going to bother with the HT talents, just like always.
    same here ... still got nourish and after 3 sec. casting your target's most likely either dead or already at full health again (raid)

I'm not a fan of the lower resto talents, so I decided that maybe a dreamstate build might be a tad better.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0tjzzbIshdZZf0IubuxVzI

Quote Originally Posted by Ahh
    Sry for my english...

Talent build is evolution. When you will reach 80, you will have small mana pool, small manareg. And if boss fight length is ~8 min., you should heal all 8 min., not the first 4... So evolution begins with talents that gives more mana; manareg; smaller spell costs > then when you gear up, you replace these talents with talents that gives bigger heals; faster casts; smaller cooldowns.

Example of evolution (start):
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...50053025301000

NB!!! this is only example !!!

There are all possible talents that lowers mana problems when main heal spell is Regrowth (this spell has good synergy with Improved Regrowth<>Nature's Grace<>Living Seed). So its more than 50% crit >> next spell 1.5 sec cast (like global cooldown) >> leaves seed on target for 30% healed >> leaves HOT on target for 21 sec. so new direct spell Nourish gets 20% more heal...

From this point you can start replacing talents. If you use Nature's Swiftness or Swiftmend, take them instead of Natural Perfection. When you feel comfortable with mana, you can change talents like Dreamstate and Moonglow in Balance tree.

There will be a point in evolution, when you will see that there is only 1 talent in balance tree (Nature's Grace), and he doesn't worth 21 points. There is so many new REALLY GOOD talents in resto tree. So in one or another way, true PVE resto build will end up in FULL resto build.

In BC there were problems with resto tree. And to increase my HPS, I was raiding in this build (now is summer 8)):
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...gerspine&n=Ahh
    But in WotLK I will have no problems to spend all points in resto tree. With haste rating even HT i think will be usable.

And again: when you will reach 80, don't look internet for one best real resto pve build. If you have problems with mana, take talents that suits your needs, you can change them later.
    I really, really, really enjoy the NG spec, but in the same sense. I REALLY enjoy playing tree of life.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbender
    how do you get that number ?

fist you need omen of clarity to get any mana +

and lvl 79 healing touch costs 1400 mana. 20% (lifebloom, rejuv, regwroth, flourish =4 x 5 )

or am i getting something completly wrong ?
    I posted this when I was tired, so I was misreading a bit. After redoing the numbers, it comes out to returning 1620 mana, so that means you get about 220 mana back. It's pretty nice either way. Though, if it would be an Omen of Clarity NS, you would get a lots of mana back.

Though.. What I just don't get is why everyone is so against the lower resto talents.. they're all REALLY REALLY REALLY nice, in my opinion. Gift of the Earth Mother just AMAZES me.. and 4% more healing in tree form makes it dumb to not get tree form, this is if you even bother getting master shapeshifter, which you would be stupid not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeiko
    yay ofc, search in armory before that pls :S
    GTFO DRUID FORUMS WARLOCK!

Anyways.. Theres nothing against going full 71 points resto. Theres nothing against going full resto now. But I mean, when you really look at it.. Whats the point? The majority of the tree is optional, almost.. at least to me it is. Getting points into balance to get insect swarm is just really nice for me, it makes killing things easer, and I can DPS or put dots on bosses for extra damage.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    well, with the change of tree of life (all restoration spells castable, but just hots with 20% less mana) i think that a tree will cast here and then the non-hot-heals aswell... especially if you geht this 12 points left into the three talents which empowers the HT... i think... where is the sense of talenting gift of the earthmother bot not skilling HT anyways? yeah, it's not the 2,8k mana you get as someone mentioned bevore... but... it lowers the manacost by another 20% of BASE manacost, if all your 4 hots are up. so HT is not an 1400 mana heal anymore, but an... roughly 1000... and it will heal ALOT... at 5k baseheal with all +heal (i think it would be something about +3k upwards at lvl80 raids, with all modificatons on the restro tree I expect 5-digit NONCRITS as default for HT.... and this couldn be so bad if all the hots are up additionally

and for pvp... this 12 points in balance doesn't decide a match in pvp... so I think there is an "extra" pvp spec in wotlk as it is currently in bc... so i see no reason to put any talentpoints into balance for an pure pve tree.
    Well.. with the change to healing\damage turning into "Spell power" we won't see pretty numbers like "3k healing" ( ( (

But if you look at the way I made my specs, I made them more to make it easier for druids to do things. Getting extra heals on healing touch really doesn't amuse me THAT MUCH, because it's not that useful.. Like.. I NS it.. thats it.. NS is all.. Never cast. Someone will die in those 3 seconds, even with haste. Thats why they're giving us Nourish. The main reason for gift of the earth mother is for the GCD reduction on lifebloom.

But yeah, take a look at my original specs that I posted. If you look at where the points are placed you can pretty much understand why I did it.

A little off topic, but I really like the free threat-4min tranquillity. As a previous poster said going full resto looks rather appealing, though slightly overkill