Poll: Why does Warrior + Druid Dominate Arena?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Poll : Why does Warrior + Druid Dominate Arena?

Quote Originally Posted by AnArmedKurd
    Lol, are you serious? It's not that playing a druid doesn't some how involve "skill"[...]
    Tbh WoW has nothing to do with something like "skill", it's just different levels of L2P, the rest is gear vs gear.

And ... if you play warrior and lock you should keep quiet about skill other classes need and keep on easy playin'. :P

Well yeah, that's why I said "skill". Try playing a lock in 5v5 or 2v2'ing as a warrior in a rating above all the nublings you don't even need to switch stances for, then tell me about easy playin'. :-*

Pretty easy debate here. How many teams do you see very high in 2's with Warrior on them other than Warrior/Druid? Warrior/Paladin probably the second most prevelent, then very long ways behind Warrior/Shaman.

At all areas in the bracket you see Rogues, Warlocks, Warriors, Hunters all teamed with Druids.

Even moreso, at the moment I feel, is Rogues, who have teams with Mages, Warlocks, Priests, Druids, other Rogues, all who get to fairly high rating.
    Devium
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alleria&n=Devium

Quote Originally Posted by AnArmedKurd
    Well yeah, that's why I said "skill". Try playing a lock in 5v5 or 2v2'ing as a warrior in a rating above all the nublings you don't even need to switch stances for, then tell me about easy playin'. :-*
    If you rethink it the other way there are just rogues having it easier to pwn and every single healer in your bracket did have to climb much higher mountains.

I think the MS plays a very large role in the warrior half of the team, if it was not an MS warrior the team wouldn't go very far... true?

Quote Originally Posted by kelustu
    Druids are overpowered? to those of you that voted, l2p, look at druid ratings across each bracket, druids are far and away #1(oh wait, were #2 behind warriors) in 2v2s, and below priests(in terms of healers) in 3s, and near dead last in 5s, warriors(statistically) are much better, as they take the #1 spot across all the brackets, the reason its OP is cuz kalgan made warriors hit ridiculously hard, and btw, shaman+warrior is more OP than druid warrior, you just dont see it as often cuz the shaman class is played less, and there are more non-healing shamans than druids.
    Seriously...do you even play either shaman or druid...let me reiterate have you ever played shaman or druid above 1800 arena rating. Shaman are good, but against a druid of even mid level skill...mess up one time and either you or your warrior is dead...there is little to no room for error. The same does not apply to the druid, unless he is like some I have run into when starting new teams at the 1500-1700 bracket unable to hit the cyclone button at the correct times or lol treeforms he will have a serious advantage over a shaman of equal skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie
    If you rethink it the other way there are just rogues having it easier to pwn and every single healer in your bracket did have to climb much higher mountains.
    Every one except druids maybe. :P Seriously though, it's not hard being good with a druid. If you're new to arenas read a couple of guides, take half an hour-hour practicing it and you're good til atleast 1900.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadarie
    Pretty easy debate here. How many teams do you see very high in 2's with Warrior on them other than Warrior/Druid? Warrior/Paladin probably the second most prevelent, then very long ways behind Warrior/Shaman.

At all areas in the bracket you see Rogues, Warlocks, Warriors, Hunters all teamed with Druids.

Even moreso, at the moment I feel, is Rogues, who have teams with Mages, Warlocks, Priests, Druids, other Rogues, all who get to fairly high rating.
    Pretty much this, for the amount of hype I hear about warriors in 2s, I rarely face them (as a warrior myself). In the 20 games or so that I played today, at a fairly low ranking, I haven't done any 2s this season really, I fought 3 warriors, 2 against war/druid, and 1 war/shaman. I faced at least 6 teams with rogues on them, and 4 with locks. For the healers on these teams, there were at least: 5 druids, 3 priests, and then 2 pallies, and 1 shaman.

For the reason why druid/x works so well, is a druid's ability to outlast. Travel form + drink anyone? Why don't you see any ele shaman or mage/druid? Because they go oom. Warriors, rogues, and to a lesser extent warlocks are great with druids because they can keep up their dps 'forever.'

Escapability is obviously another reason why druids do well. Shifting out of snares/immunity to poly is a massive advantage. Poisoned? A druid has the answer to that too.

And HoTs. You know that druid is popping in and out of LoS because he can, instant cast heals dominate 2s because they're a lot easier to get off. There's a reason why shaman and pallies are so under represented.

You can't get off with not having CC if the dps is easily avoided/shut down. Shaman have amazing burst dps, but are completely shut down by a decent rogue or lock. Druids have amazing CC and warrior dps is hard to avoid unless you're a mage

The biggest reason, in my opinion, as to why there are so many of the 'op' combo's is because of the ability to play not to perfection and still win. In s3, you didn't have to be the best druid/warrior team to get 2k. Playing well was enough to get it.

And don't even get me started on why its harder to get shoulders/weapons in 5s than it is in 2s... Balance, lol.

The answer is simple, druid + warrior = autowin to any decent 2on2 priest+hunter, priest+lock, priest+rogue...so no....they are not overpowered, you just slack if you cant beat. Druid is way too easily cced while nuking the warrior off.

RandomTroll

Quote Originally Posted by Darkengelion
    The answer is simple, druid + warrior = autowin to any decent 2on2 priest+hunter, priest+lock, priest+rogue...so no....they are not overpowered, you just slack if you cant beat. Druid is way too easily cced while nuking the warrior off.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/2/all/all/all/all/

Look at it for a second.......................

All teams over 2.2k rating =
    Druid + Warrior - 27.6%
    Druid + Rogue - 20%
    Druid + Warlock - 11.4%

All teams over 2.2k rating with a druid - 59%

It seems quite obvious to me that druids are slightly overpowered. This is clear. But then the ease of playstyles is also reflected in the druids parnters.

Easiest class to play with a druid = spamstring facerolling warrior
    Second easiest = Slightly more complex the hemo spam vanishing rogue
    Third easiest = Dot and run lock

Im really hoping things wil change in wotlk.

This

is

R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D.

@RandomTroll

Actually 59% only makes up the top 3 2v2 teams, out of the top 6. So...

2v2 teams that are over 2200 and have a druid is prob more around 65-75%. Which is just rediculous.

It leaves out

Druid-Priest 0%
    Druid-Shammy 0%
    Druid-Hunter-3.5%
    Druid-Pally 0%
    Druid-Mage .3%
    Druid-Druid-1%

Edit: Found the numbers* So its 64.8% off by .2 :P

Why does everyone thing druid + warrior require no skill to play?

How come that when I play with my druid friend we loose alot of games vs rogues?
    Rogues and warriors eat my druid friend alive!

I know he is a bit new to druid class, so he has not that much of skill, and we loose alot of easy games just cuz he dies.

So truth is, there is skill involved in druid + warrior combo!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTroll
    You are looking at a specific range of ONE bracket of ONE aspect of a game and therefore "concluding" that druids are overpowered. They're only dominant in 2's because of their mobility. Mobility is an integral part of the class and just happens to lend itself better to 2's. Any major change in this would have significant ripple effects into other aspect of the game, both for the druid class and others.

There are multiple healing classes in WoW. Each have their strengths and weaknesses. This means depending on the situation, one is inevitably better and more effective than the other. Druids' strengths, in the end, help them in 2's more than any other healer. So serious players who want to reach top ratings will use them as healers. There's nothing overpowered about being "the best 2's healer." Shamans are "the best raid melee healers," Warlocks are "the best mass AoE," rogues are probably "the best PvE DPS," and so on. If everybody could be the best at everything, then the idea of having different classes would be a moot point, wouldn't it? Regardless of the amount of QQ and whining, balancing the game so that EVERY spec of EVERY class is equally viable is in EVERY aspect of the game is no doubt impossible. So quit looking at a tiny part of a relatively small aspect of the game to base your judgments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahura
    You are looking at a specific range of ONE bracket of ONE aspect of a game and therefore "concluding" that druids are overpowered. They're only dominant in 2's because of their mobility. Mobility is an integral part of the class and just happens to lend itself better to 2's. Any major change in this would have significant ripple effects into other aspect of the game, both for the druid class and others.
    Oh yes, it's just the most popular bracket in the game xD
    Fair that it's dominated by druids.
    And anway, a part RMP, Druids dominate 3v3 too (Druid, rogue, rogue; Druid, Rogue, Warrior; Druid, Warlock, Warrior.. ever heard?).
    Noone plays 5v5 tbh (with "noone" I mean few, kk?)

And btw, 2v2 is the only bracket where a not vengeful player can survive a bit.
    Into my battle group (misery) you can easily find Vengeful and Brutal melee at 1550-1600 rating.
    Brutal Rogue AND Brutal Warrior on you in 3v3? Na ty
    (oh, I'm not speaking for myself, I'm over 1800 atm).

Forgot: druids are CLEARLY OP -.- (same for Warriors.)

I think it's a combination of both things.

I think that the druid+warrior combination has very distinct advantages in 2v2, especially on Nagrand Arena.
    And I think if you're a fairly decent player, you can have great success with this combination.
    But skill factor does come into play.

I've transferred to 6 different servers and played with a ton of druids, most of them with the same gear and spec. You can tell right away who's good and who isn't.

Last season, I only made it to 1992 in the 2v2 bracket. I didn't even have an S3 weapon until two weeks ago. I still have S1 shoulders and was using the Mark of Conquest until 1 week ago.
    And my druid partner and I have taken down plenty of full S3 teams.
    But druid/warrior still has some counters.

If you're on a good mage/rogue or spriest/rogue or spriest/lock team, you're happy when you see us. I hate you guys!

RandomTroll

Quote Originally Posted by Ahura
    You are looking at a specific range of ONE bracket of ONE aspect of a game and therefore "concluding" that druids are overpowered.
    Stopped reading after this sentence because, yes 2v2 is exaclty what im talking about.

Warriors class mechanics allow them to fight infinitely as long as they have health. Combine that with the ability of a druid to cc an opponent, heal, never be locked down and you have a winning combination. There are several combos and strategies to defeat this team though.

Also to those people that say that to be successful as a warrior all you have to do is roll your face across the keyboard, I tried it, it doesn't work out to well.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Infernalux
    I think the MS plays a very large role in the warrior half of the team, if it was not an MS warrior the team wouldn't go very far... true?
    True. Pointed out very well.

Who is the OP?
    [] a retard
    [] a stupid retard

Maybe you should allow voting for something else than [insert class] is overpowered? Just an idea

Maybe the druid is the best 2s healer while sucking in 5s?
    Maybe more people play a Warrior than a Hunter/Rogue/Warlock because it's one of those classes that exists in absolutely every game?

Because a class wich is able to do and take a shitload of damage works very well with a class wich can toss out some cc and on the run heals.
    Warriors needs that healing support, druids need someone else to do the damage for them, thats why when combined they make such a strong combo.