Pet bar changes???

Currently pet bar has what 10 slots? I am thinking with my current pet and I have

attack, growl, claw, prowl, dash, stay, follow, aggressive, defensive and passive

Now with the wotlk changes to pets/hunter, all pets will get growl and a physical attack, then speccing your pet, you can pick up a number of additional abilities. So, will we get an expanded pet bar? I am thinking from a non-bm hunter build, with the cat:

I will get growl, prowl and claw automatically, then speccing into the ferocity tree, I could pick up dash, charge, heart of phoenix, lick wounds and call of wild...so 5 additional abilities which I believe all have to be used, not just passive abilities. Most pets in different trees can do something similar picking up a number of abilities. So are we going to be forced to pick which ones are on the bar? Can we add these on to an additional bar?

If any hunter is in Beta has any input on this, it would be appreciated.

Re: Pet bar changes???

Well, i dont think you can use prowl anymore :-\ and heart of the phoenix is passive. You repeated Dash.
    Attack isn't needed you an just click Claw. (possibly- with Charge you wont need dash that bad -possibly)

Soo.... id have mine like this
    [Aggressive, Passive, defensive, Follow, Stay, Lick Wounds, Call of the Wild, Growl, Claw, Charge]
    There you have it, 10. Dropped dash.

If it was a huge deal, and it may be helpfull - you can make macros for pet moves and put them on your attack bars. Like... id have Charge down on my bar for faster reaction time and Call of the Wild down by my CD buffs/trinkets. Then you can put dash back. :P

Ooh! and im sure you can find addons to help with move placements. There's someting called XBar they have versions for divverant classes with pre made attack bars. you can move and change the stuff in them. they have traps, aspects, pet stuff, ect. ~~~ but I'd really recomend Bongos! just check it out :P
    That is all.

Fluffy, where is your pet attack button? O_o

right now in Live pets can ONLY learn 4 abilities, not 10.

hopefully they expand the pet bar/remove the redundant icons (follow/stay/attack, can be the same button but toggle, passive/deffensive/aggresive can be the same button but toggle)
    It's just a game.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Ctrl+1 ftw

Pet attack = middle mouse button. Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    Ctrl+1 ftw
    Ctrl+1 is linked to the Pet Bar, no button, no attack.
    Besides, aren't the 3 orders and the 3 pet modes fixed on the bar?

You dont need an Attack button, you can click Claw!
    That is all.

Think of your pet bar as just shortcuts to your spellbook. It doesn't really matter if an ability is on the bar or not. It can be cast or autocast directly from the spellbook, and unfortunately all new abilities start with autocast defaulted on. This is something we might be able to fix, but in the meantime, peek at your pet's spellbook whenever it gains a level to make sure nothing has changed. Cower can surprise you, because it/si something a lot of players passed on before -- understandably, because even if effective it's not a very fun thing to spend points on, which is why we just give it away now.
    Pet skills will no longer need to be on the action bar, and can have auto-cast turned on while in the spellbook alone. As such, you can go without claw, growl/cower, etc, and only put ones that you need to manually activate/control on the action bar.

source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...o=1&sid=2000#5 thread was originally about pet aggro, since cower automatically turns on auto-cast in spell book.

15+ Year Old Account

Ctrl+1 is linked to the Pet Bar, no button, no attack.
    You can use claw/bite and it will automatically use normal attack after that.