Poll: Which do you think is better? The old Arcane talents, or the new ones?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Arcane Talents Changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrormage
    Heh, It's possible that Arcane might be useable in PvP. If you weren't targeted in 5s you could deal some massive damage fast. Say, if you had Missile Barrage proc'd. You could go Arcane Barrage, Fire Blast, Arcane Missiles (1.5 seconds from Missile Barrage), and then Arcane Barrage. I think that would be some insane damage in a short time. But, only if you could survive to do it, haha.
    And count a fireball/frostbolt/frostfire bolt in that with presence of mind. Thats some serious burstdamage I guess :P
    Desktop Rig: Intel i9-10850K, 32gb 3200mhz RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 Ti

I can give you my view on Fire/Frost if you like.... It's not much, mostly because I like Arcane more.... But from what I can see, Single target DPS as Fire.... Well, their crits will do 25% more damage, and that's about it. Of course if they get 3 crits in a row, the 4th is free. Though the chances of that happening aren't much.

Frost on the other hand is more powerful for raiding. Winter's Grasp makes everyone in the raid have a 2% higher hit chance, as well the target is frozen for 5 seconds. Which includes bosses, making it possible to do Shatter combos on them, and thus greatly increasing the DPS of a PvE Frost Mage. Also, Frost Mage's pets last 15 seconds longer if specced right and have 30% more mana/hp. Add in that they all ready have Winter's Chill for critting often and I think Frost may do well in WoTK for PvE.

"And count a fireball/frostbolt/frostfire bolt in that with presence of mind. Thats some serious burstdamage I guess "

Yeah, you could go Arcane Barrage, Instant Fireball/Frostbolt/Frostfirebolt, 1.5 Arcane Missiles, Arcane Barrage.
    I put 3/3 into Blizzard, but I don't see the company improving.

it sure is with ap and some spell dmg totem on and bloodlust. but its like now, you could doo really good burst dmg as ap + fire mage but you die in a few seconds thought arcane has -4% dmg taken and imp blink.

I don't know how hotstreak works in beta atm, but if it works with AoE - its probably one of those buffs to mage AoE damage blizzard was talking about.

Basically you'd be having 100% crit all the time for say - flamestrike.

Also I'm hoping burnout works like master of elements, otherwise it will be 2-3 AoEs and you're oom
    Desktop Rig: Intel i9-10850K, 32gb 3200mhz RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 Ti

Oh yes. Good point! We no longer get crit for having spirit. I didn't even notice. That sucks. Haha. It's not that big of a deal though. At least I don't think.
    But that comes down to what the Wotlk bosses will be like.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Aurin

Well I was hoping that Arcane would be an interesting PvP spec, but with these talents it's really hard to say. The placement of stuff seems extremely haphazard. Not to mention that a lot of these really aren't all that great.

Here are some changes that probably need to happen--right now this tree has too much bloat (i.e. too many skills are just average for requiring talent points).

Prismatic Cloak and Improved Blink merge.
    Instead of Improved Blink, an Improved Invisibility talent pops up, one point, reduces the final second of the cooldown requirement and allows you to see targets while invisible.

Improved Arcane Missiles
    Just merge it with Arcane Focus, replace it with a talent similar to Spirit Tap.

Empowered Arcane Missiles and Arcane Instability merge.

Student of the Mind and Arcane Mind merge.

the arcane tree has 29 different talents now, fire frost has 27 :-)

Now the real question; Will the 6 % spell haste increase you´re pure haste, or is it increasing your amount of haste by 6%?
    I hope first alternative ^^
    kaze ga yoseta kotoba ni
    oyoida kokoro
    kumo ga hakobu ashita ni
    hazunda koe

Heh, It's possible that Arcane might be useable in PvP. If you weren't targeted in 5s you could deal some massive damage fast. Say, if you had Missile Barrage proc'd. You could go Arcane Barrage, Fire Blast, Arcane Missiles (1.5 seconds from Missile Barrage), and then Arcane Barrage. I think that would be some insane damage in a short time. But, only if you could survive to do it, haha.
    arcane is all about buff so in pvp where purge and dispel is in each team forget it i believe arcane gonna still suck maybe not in BG though.

Arcane impact was also changed.
    into Spell impact - 3/3
    "Increases the critical strike chance of your Arcane Explosion, Arcane Blast, Fireblast,
    Ice Lance and Cone of Cold spells by an additional 6%"