Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Totem of Wrath or Flametongue?

Are they having Elemental shamans choose between a 41 point talent and the newly buffed Flametongue totem?

I've never played a caster class to end game raiding, but spell damage always seems to come on top compared to spell crit.

Share your opinions, save the trolling for wow forums ;]

Re: Totem of Wrath or Flametongue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    Are they having Elemental shamans choose between a 41 point talent and the newly buffed Flametongue totem?

I've never played a caster class to end game raiding, but spell damage always seems to come on top compared to spell crit.

Share your opinions, save the trolling for wow forums ;]

both because resto or enhance will be dropping flametongue, because they have nothing else to drop in teh fire tree other than lol cold resistance or searing.

tow being raid wide is a big deal too.

Very true, thank you for the insight

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    both because resto or enhance will be dropping flametongue, because they have nothing else to drop in teh fire tree other than lol cold resistance or searing.
    Searing Totem isn't that bad. I guess the new Flametongue will be better, but I'd rather not have to choose. I like using fire totems on AoE pulls as resto ;D

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    tow being raid wide is a big deal too. and the end result is a slightl increase in efficiency.
    The tooltip in the talent calculators still says "for all party members within 20 yards".
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

the flametongue totem dont have spell dmg on it yet. (beta)

Read somewhere that in beta Flametongue totem gives around 71 spell damage, but then again, an Elemental Shaman can put down ToW, and use Flametongue Weapon, if it gives the same effect. It may come down to the choice of self buffed spell damage and group hit/crit and just group with spell damage tho'. But, who knows, it's just the Beta yet, and as evident by the news up today, changes are still being made.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Flametongue Totem Rank 5
    325 Mana
    Instant cast
    Tools:
    Fire Totem

Summons a Flametongue Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster. Party members within 20 yards of the totem have their spell damage and healing increased by up to 73. Lasts 2 min.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=25557

Could be wrong but..

Likely we'll see one ele using ToW, one resto (specced into Enhancing totems) using FT, and the enhancement and remaining resto shaman using Searing. Enhancement shaman likely won't use FT over resto, becuase both have easy access to Enhancing totems, but the Enh shaman will likely have Call of Flame as well. They'll have similar spellpower values, so the Enhancement Shaman's searing totem will do more damage per hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Yasuhiko
    Likely we'll see one ele using ToW, one resto (specced into Enhancing totems) using FT, and the enhancement and remaining resto shaman using Searing. Enhancement shaman likely won't use FT over resto, becuase both have easy access to Enhancing totems, but the Enh shaman will likely have Call of Flame as well. They'll have similar spellpower values, so the Enhancement Shaman's searing totem will do more damage per hit.
    Real Enhancement Shamans totem-twist Magma and Fire Nova anyway :P

You do that, I'll have fun not being killed by 3 sheep targets!

Though yes, I do love to do that in Hyjal =D

Tssss, they won't kill me, it's the totem doing the threat, remember
    They'll probably go for the Fury warrior spamming WW first anyway.
    But as Enh Sham you'll want FT now as well, not just for you but for the Retridin and Tankadin as well

With the reduction of +hit talents, the +hit totems will be more wanted imo.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Along with the + Spell Damage, does Flametongue Weapon still deal Fire damage?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Flametongue WEAPON deals Fire damage (and only that)
    Flametongue TOTEM will grant spellpower.

It all comes down to flexibility, its good to have options. Don't forget the wrath does spell hit (come to think if it isn't doesn't spell hit also melee now?)
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Hmm 3 hit and crit for melee and spells, now that would be really nice.
    -The world has moved on-

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Flametongue WEAPON deals Fire damage (and only that)
    Flametongue TOTEM will grant spellpower.
    WRONG.

Flametongue Weapon (as well as the totem) is changed to increase spellpower. This change was done as weapon enchants up to now are rather pointless for eles and restos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrim
    WRONG.

Flametongue Weapon (as well as the totem) is changed to increase spellpower. This change was done as weapon enchants up to now are rather pointless for eles and restos.
    Elemental only, since Restoration will have Earthliving.

a resto shaman won't have totem of wrath anyway.

so the only "good" fire totem they can drop will be flame tongue.

Elemental has to drop totem or wrath, otherwise its a waste of a talent point..

It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrim
    WRONG.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=25489
    Datamined from the actual beta testers. Furthermore, I can't find any patch notes saying such a thing.
    It is true that there was a talent for Elemental Shamans only that gave you 15% extra spellpower while Flametongue was active (along with 10% extra Flame Shock and Lava Burst damage), but it's changed into the current Paralysis, granting 10% spellpower for Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning and the Paralyze slowing effect proc on Lightning Bolt.
    With the 'old' talent you had Enh using WF, Ele FT and resto EL weapon enchants.
    Now it's prob going to be Resto using EL, Enh WF/FT combo and Ele still using oils