So, NO Dire Cat Form and Hit Range denial/reversal Yet Again

Sooo, blue post...

We have no plans to implement a "Dire Cat" form at this time.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...208&sid=2000#8

But hey, you may be able to change your cat model and it may be tied into taking the inscription skill in some way! Bonus?

And later on we see a denial that there is a bug, then a wishy-washy there's an issue, but it's not a bug and then a defensive 'hey get off our backs we know there's an issue and we care- proof: we have it on record all the way back to 2004'.

Getting some serious bad feral vibes.

PS: Saying "Maybe dire cat will fix the issue" no longer seems like a viable response to scaling concerns. :P

Re: So, NO Dire Cat Form and Hit Range denial/reversal Yet Again

I did not attend the WWI Class Panels or see a stream of them, so I'll reserve judgment until this question is answered by someone who did:

Did Chilton actually say the words "Dire Cat form"?

What I'm asking.... long story short...

Did Druids get flat out lied to then... or now when they're saying "we're not sure what Chilton meant"?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=9454.0

scroll down and look under druids

Dire. Cat. Form.

Nice one bliz, very smooth

Guess we got fucked over again and now we're getting lied to. No Range bug indeed.

Even though a new Dire Druid Form would be awesome i think what people really want is a new skin since no matter how much goo looking gear we feral druid have we are always in a "Form".
    A skin change would be great since we have had the same skin for 4 years (or more) now!!!!

p.s. They are still going back and forward in every post they make about the Dire Cat Form

no need to cry yet :

Is this on a creature that is not moving? If so, please take a video of it occurring and post it on the bug forums.

When you reference the "cat form range bug" you could mean many different things:

- Fighting a creature for a set amount of time and your specials (i.e. Mangle) are not able to hit, but your white attacks (auto attacks) can: White attacks and specials have two different ranges, sometimes your combat range and spell combat range can be different. We've added AI for the creature to re-align itself when you shift into cat form, moving him within ideal range of your special/combat abilities. If the mob is rooted or stunned etc, you can still experience problems. (If you notice instances where you are within range to auto-attack, but not use Mangle for instance, try moving your character slightly. If the mob does not re-align, or it does not resolve the issue, please take a video and post it on the bug forums).

- You are chasing a player or creature at equal speeds. Your client (your WoW) shows you within range (even on top of) the target, yet it says you're out of range: This is in result of latency/delay with the server and the client. The server says you are out of range, yet your client says you are on top of them. The server makes the decision whether you're allowed to hit the target or not, and as far as it's concerned you are out of range. You can test this yourself by having two WoW clients open or side by side and have one of them walk, and observe it on the other WoW client. You'll notice a delay. We actually added some "slush" between the server and client, where the server will actually extend your range if you're moving.

- Cat form's "hitbox": From what I can understand, this is setup correctly.

I just had a chat with our programmers and we do have some new tech for WOLK intended to help solve the melee range issue. The server will try to "predict" the range between you and your target, which we hope will make the issue less evident. This has not yet been implemented in beta, but I'll let you know when we do finally put in the change.

Btw, there is no need to rant that we are "ignoring" or "don't understand" the issue... we are actually quite aware of it, as I'm looking at our internal bug report on this exact issue dating back to 2004.

You can see at the end that they still intend to resolve the melee range issue (for all class) and thus the feral range bug at the same time. Let's give them some chance to prove themself before flaming them.

Why shouldn't we flame them? The issue is back from 2004 which is FOUR years ago. They couldn't solve that problem all this time and now they miracoulously can? Something is wrong here...

Let's give them some chance to prove themself before flaming them.
    They have had that chance for four fucking years. They have, time and time again claimed to remove/ fix the problem. Time and time again they have let the issue die in silence and repeatedly reverted back to "working as intended". On the WWI they once again promised to fix it. Now we are told it's working as intendet.

This "prediction system" is nothing but an excuse, brought up after they have been called on their flat out lie. Notice how this will work for everyone and only deals with moving targets. Also notice how it does not adress the issue that every class in the game plays on a level field when it comes to hitboxes... except druids. Notice how once again, the issue itself is ignored and clouded by something shiny we *know* will at best patchwork the issue so it become slightly less anoying.

This was never meant to adress the druid problem. This might have been a planned "feature" that now serves as a ready excuse. If anything, they can prove they are good at burying problems with this. Proving themselves at this point is only possible by actually fixing the hitbox problem.

World Wide Invitational:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Staff
    There will be a new model for the Druid's Dire Bear form and the Dire Cat form will be introduced.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=9454.0

CM Post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraa
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...208&sid=2000#8

I couldn't find a direct quote from the panel, but every fan site from it has a similar "Dire Cat" quote.

blue quote:
    Btw, there is no need to rant that we are "ignoring" or "don't understand" the issue... we are actually quite aware of it, as I'm looking at our internal bug report on this exact issue dating back to 2004.

the irony of that statement is overwhelming. i think i just found my new signature.....

What is dire catform anyways? cat with improved armor? i played druid for a long time, and if we want armor, go bear :|

"dire" doesn't mean "more armor" :

It was announced on this year's WWI, then during Alpha, some spell appeared, no real source though, said dire cat would, among other things, make the cat a dualwielder.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Oh nice, missed that out completely

Quote Originally Posted by Smy

At this time indeed means at this time. Nothing is said that they will not do it, they may well have more important things to focus on in the bets testing phase.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arathor&n=Leeunit