Thread: 2 pets

2 pets

So i was thinking and people are all ready calling for more stable slots with the new pets. I was think wouldn't be cool if we could switch between 2 on the fly. I was thinking make it on a long cool down like 20 minutes and only available out of combat. Would be a nice new level of strategery, if you see casters in arena pull out your nether ray, see a warrior, crab time. I realize this might be a little OP but i would like to hear some thoughts.

Re: 2 pets

20 minutes couldnt be used in arena anyway...

but calling pets from the stable can be a good addition, i'd like it. Sorta like how rexxar does it in BEM.
    It's just a game.

thinks it is a good idea, for as you say if i see a mage and i have a pet out good against melee and then just switch. But then after you swicthed it would be so funny¨if it just showed out the mage got some DK friends

I was just thinking there needed to be a way to make sure that it was only used once a match to prevent some exploits or something. I definitely think it would make hunters much more viable in arena again. Also I don't know if all pets in stables should be available to us maybe just two of your choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    20 minutes couldnt be used in arena anyway...
    but calling pets from the stable can be a good addition, i'd like it. Sorta like how rexxar does it in BEM.
    All cooldowns are reseted when you enter the arena again (for example - warlock's Fel Domination which has 15min cd).

It is also a good idea in a raid, becauce if there is a very high DPS requeriment (spelled??) you can use your dps talented pet and if ther is a boss there do heavy dmg it is better to have a utility pet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    All cooldowns are reseted when you enter the arena again (for example - warlock's Fel Domination which has 15min cd).
    anything that has a 20 minute cooldown or more cannot be used in arena.

eg: combat res, shaman fire totem, soul stone etc etc etc
    It's just a game.

I think a pet-changing ability would be cool. Maybe add a 15-minute cooldown to it to not make it ''overpowered'', but it would greatly help Hunters a little. I know some Hunters would like to have both a DPS-pet and a tanky-pet with them, so that ability would make it useful to have both of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    anything that has a 20 minute cooldown or more cannot be used in arena.

eg: combat res, shaman fire totem, soul stone etc etc etc
    Hands down /cheers

Rez shouldn't be allowed period.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomPlague

ok now hunter go farm shards plz (pretty sure u dont want to)

that and make it a 10 sec base summon with mana consuption but if u take that u can remove the CDs
    they still have to buy food to feed them, and spend time gaining loyalty points

They need a few more stables around otherwise it shouldn't be a problem with those of an epic flying mount.

http://www.originguild.eu/movies/Murukill.avi - 700kb download speed.
    *Our first kill pre 2.4.3 nerf. (exclusive nerdscreams!)

When i made this thread i was mostly thinking of adding versatility/strategy to arena. I am kinda surprised there wasn't more "this would be OP", QQing.

Also if the speculation about being able to switch between 2 specs is true, than i think something along these lines is a must have.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomPlague

that and make it a 10 sec base summon with mana consuption but if u take that u can remove the CDs
    @ doomplague

warlocks pls go feed your pets pls.. (im sure u dont want to becos if u cant find the food it means yur buying it and wasting valuable inventory space too (way to go!!)

Kinda betraying our class here but in lock's defense shards don't stack to 20 like pet food does.

In our defense ammo pouch = soul bag

It would be pretty nice if we can change pets through a 'Dismiss' sort of way...

Example: You have a ravager and you 'Dismiss' your ravager for a cat.

Ravager walks away from you (rather than the normal Dimiss method) and fades out.
    Cat fades in with walking motion.

Honestly, if hunters tame pets of the wild, you'd think they would be nearby.
    What's the purpose of a stable when you tame a beast by making it spellbound? It won't go away unless you don't feed it. (And that takes a long time)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r
    So i was thinking and people are all ready calling for more stable slots with the new pets. I was think wouldn't be cool if we could switch between 2 on the fly. I was thinking make it on a long cool down like 20 minutes and only available out of combat. Would be a nice new level of strategery, if you see casters in arena pull out your nether ray, see a warrior, crab time. I realize this might be a little OP but i would like to hear some thoughts.
    It is nearly the same deal like swithcing gear, "Omg shadow priest or warlock, lets equip our 400 SR gear", I say no to this idea.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

actually, i would rather have a a 51 pt talent where it allows me to summon all my pets to attack a Hunter's Marked target for a short duration rather than the current 51 BM talent....

my 2 cents >.>
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Ok Warlock, go grab train your pet 10 lvls lower than you, keep it by you the entire time, make it gain 30% of your exp, while keeping it fed for 7 hours to get up to loyalty level 6, the question is, do YOU want to do that?

All in all we can't complain about warlocks and their pets, if you kill it and they fel dom their pet kill it again, that will break theyre SL, and then the warlock is cake, without fel dom those spells take 10 seconds, if you cant interrupt it in 10 seconds you should'nt be in the arena anways.