Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Death Knight - Blood Spec.

whenever i used to spec Deep blood, i'd usually end up speccing to get Icy Talons and not even touch the Unholy tree unless i had points left over and wanted to improve Death Coil

but i began thinking, what if you end up raiding, and a boss ends up being immune to Icy Touch? What if all the bosses are? You would then be SoL on the reason you even went into Ice in the first place right? so the only logical thing i could think of would be going into the Unholy tree like Aeline did, only I did it with taking Will of the Necropolis instead of Improved Blood Presence

Expertise atm is the possibly the most important stat for an increase in your DPS (for warriors and rogues anyways, i'm going to assume its gonna be the same for DKs), and if that holds true its safer to not wait out for the gear, and to take the talent for a guaranteed 6-9 (depending if you want Shadow of Death right away) exptertise, and then once your capped you can then go back and change it up.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

didn't take lichborn because i've yet to even play the class, and dont know how Fears are gonna work in the xpac, and yet to find a spec that would allow me to take it. and i have Rune Tap as one of those "oh crap i might die soon" buttons, because you can never be too sure about how long you'll live for ;D

oh i also have a question, will DK aura's be raid wide like a paladin's, or will it just be for a party?

Quote Originally Posted by Gami
    If your dps'ing, you shouldnt be getting hit; therefore you would not need parry rating. Why on earth would you waste that many points on defensive talents. You are severely hampering yourself and will not do as much dmg as you should be doing.
    The Talents in Forceful Deflection, is for the Talent Spell Deflection, which will help a lot when recieving AoE Damage from a raid encounter..

I don't know, it's guessing now, and i doubt i'll be playing dps as lvl 80

necrosis > icy talons and 15 plague strike dmg > 3% PS crit and 15% PS crit dmg

Improved blood presence stacks so it's great, even if you rarely party. It's worth it.

Never have to look for healers for group quests , 2 blood knights took out Gruul's son in Nagrand today, at 65.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse1382
    lol once again re-read my post AND the talent description. your strength increases your parry rating, and then in turn your spell damage absorption. you're going to have lots of strength, which will give you lots of parry rating without having to even wear parry rating gear. This all makes you a better off-tank, gives you added survivability and more raid viability, which is the whole point!

also will of the necropolis is HUGE until you get the dps expertise gear to cap it and can spec out of it. assuming you ever do get that gear. non-human DPS warriors pre-wotlk, have to have T6 Belt + the expertise trinket + talents to cap expertise while attacking from behind.

there are boss fights with adds btw, so having high armor and stamina and parry is a good defense against those. not to mention if you pull aggro being able to parry a couple hits instead of taking them might help you avoid death.

dead dps = no dps

i'd take that (not so little) bit of added spell absorption for Illidari Council, for Archimonde fires, for EVERY sunwell boss, anyday.
    Dps rarely offtank, unless not enough tanks show up, then they spec for it. Dps talents>offtank situational. In your spec, missing Death Rune and Sudden Doom, means it will lose dps
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom366
    wait wait wait... they changed it so that runes are locked at 2/2/2 now? we cant switch to like... 5/0/1 or 4/1/1 (blood/frost/unholy) ??
    Does anyone think its possible it will be changed by the expansion release time? .... to be able to switch your runes to any desired combo of blood/frost/unholy or no?

NO. Runes are 2 frost, 2 blood, and 2 unholy.

If it was any other way, it would be if rogues had 200+ energy, but only for sinister strike.
    This user has been banned.

I don't think not being able to change runes sucks. It'd be extremely overpowered to be able to spam an ability 6 times at full magnitude. example, Blood strikes with 6 diseases on a target....

Quote Originally Posted by Verden Odela
    I don't think not being able to change runes sucks. It'd be extremely overpowered to be able to spam an ability 6 times at full magnitude. example, Blood strikes with 6 diseases on a target....
    More powerful abilities firstly have cooldowns so are not spammable anyway.
    Secondly, the more powerful it is, the higher the runecost.
    If you wanna sacrifice the fact you won't be able to cast any frost spells because you don't put any frost runes.

Your chioce.

It would make speccing deep into one tree useless because you would literally have to rotate about all your trees just to even do anything effective if it were 2/2/2

sry but i have to ask - does the improved blood aura generate threat onto the DK? if so are we sure they will keep it? because to me it seems all the healing done from the bloodspec is basically like the lifesteal enchant

also, imho for raids i agree the parry is pretty much useless, blade barrier however might be worth it.
    however i think that while leveling all the parries should be pointed and then respec'ed once lvl 80 is hit
    Rune tap is useless, waste of the rune which can be used for spamming blood strike practically
    unholy runes - agree disease and plague strike
    frost- icy touch for 1
    also keep in mind, these "death runes" can tip ones entire rotation, basically adding in a extra spell cast for any which school

Death Knight = Utility Class

if you want to consistently top DPS charts in end game, roll a rogue, hunter or warlock.

if you want to give awesome buffs to your raid group, off-tank without re-speccing between every trash mob and go back and forth between tanking adds on a boss to DPSing the boss when the adds are dead (yes i have done this on bosses like Al'ar and saving healers from skeletons on Felmyst) then DK FTW!

and Varithorn your noobishness is showing, when I raid sunwell with my dps warrior, i would kill for some of these survivability talents even with a slight hit to my damage output. have your parental controls kicked in and kicked you offline yet? is that why you are being such a flamer?

blizzard already said DK's are optimal for tanking caster/mage types, obviously they arent going to OT much, maybe as a last resort imho, DK's DPS is probably between a fury war and a rogue, and with blood we will not have to worry about pots and bandaging as much as the other guy

As of now in beta, DK's can off tank and solo elite mobs (As blood spec) in their level instances.

i still dont c DK's being the primary candidate for OT, imho war's, pallies, and feral druids are better suited

Quote Originally Posted by Windblade
    i still dont c DK's being the primary candidate for OT, imho war's, pallies, and feral druids are better suited

you will see them tank caster mobs and im sure blizz has some encounters in mind that DKs will shine as the tank.

between the antimagic zones/barrier the parry rating reducing direct spells by 30% the stamina boosting talents and all the interrupts im really eager to see what blizz has in store for DKs... im sure they are not just meant to be another utility or OT class

lots of changes coming still in beta

i just stated that, i was responding to verden
    nub!
    anyway - yeah your right im sure that end-game encounters will involve bosses best suited for a DK to tank

sry dude but honestly? neither

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000
    this is what your probably going to be looking like