Thread: new pvp spec ?

new pvp spec ?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

what you guys think about this high resist, and good old frost burst

this build is meant to be used with amge armor vs caster and ice armor vs melee

Re: new pvp spec ?

i dont think so since mine bring the same stuff + the brain freeze, chilled to the bone and you get the nice resistance buff we received in arcane.

what i dont know yet is if i should drop chilled to the boned and try to get imp CS

first off deep freeze might be the best talent in the game right now. idk why you wouldnt get it. + 80 does almost nothing for you anyway because of spell pen. sorry

i dont think theres gonna have lots of penetration at 80 it seems everything goes for haste and tell me why you believe a stun on a frozen target is powerful cause i dont think it worth it when you just gonna nuke it.

Maybe because the stun wont break at damage and you can like nuke him and hes like lolstunned ? :>

Quote Originally Posted by pure666
    Maybe because the stun wont break at damage and you can like nuke him and hes like lolstunned ? :>
    i dont think it worth wasting a shatter combo, maybe if you could do it as long as they have a frostbolt chill debuff on them that would be interesting

Winters Grasp / Frostbite + Deep Freze == Secure Shatter Combo ^.^

Brain Freeze is in my opinion a bad choice. If a melee stuck in a nova he cant hit you, so it just bring something against caster and why should you waste a nova for reducing there hit by only 15%?

The stun is useful, think of rogue mage where you do fast target switches. you shoot some fb on the druid until winter grasp procced, stun the druid and switch fast to the warrior, counterspelling and blinding the druid.

Also i did 2 points in improved waterelemental for getting a third pet nova.

Sorry for my bad english, im from germany. :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Meggruk

Brain Freeze is in my opinion a bad choice. If a melee stuck in a nova he cant hit you, so it just bring something against caster and why should you waste a nova for reducing there hit by only 15%?

The stun is useful, think of rogue mage where you do fast target switches. you shoot some fb on the druid until winter grasp procced, stun the druid and switch fast to the warrior, counterspelling and blinding the druid.

Also i did 2 points in improved waterelemental for getting a third pet nova.

Sorry for my bad english, im from germany. :-X
    good point about brain freeze ill modify that

I hate these new spec threads > , but this spec looks really nice I could see it working , i would tweek a couple things though. Plus with the mage 'polish' comming who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambobarbq
    i dont think it worth wasting a shatter combo, maybe if you could do it as long as they have a frostbolt chill debuff on them that would be interesting
    Brain Freeze doesn't deal any damage. Thus it can't break the nova. So, you can Brain Freeze, and then Shatter Combo, and still have time for another Frostbolt.

Also I'd suggest not getting Elemental Precision since you all ready have a 96% hit chance on a target your own level unbufffed. Chances are you'll have a little hit rating on your blade or some gear to bring it to 99% anyway.

Arctic Reach also doesn't really help all that much either.

I'd suggest you get Improved Water Elemental. 30% more hp/mana + 15 seconds longer is important. That means if he's attacked, he lives longer, and, since he lives longer, he does more damage.

This is the spec I'd suggest: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...01003155201351

Cheers.

I put 3/3 into Blizzard, but I don't see the company improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrormage
    Brain Freeze doesn't deal any damage. Thus it can't break the nova. So, you can Brain Freeze, and then Shatter Combo, and still have time for another Frostbolt.

Also I'd suggest not getting Elemental Precision since you all ready have a 96% hit chance on a target your own level unbufffed. Chances are you'll have a little hit rating on your blade or some gear to bring it to 99% anyway.

Arctic Reach also doesn't really help all that much either.

I'd suggest you get Improved Water Elemental. 30% more hp/mana + 15 seconds longer is important. That means if he's attacked, he lives longer, and, since he lives longer, he does more damage.

This is the spec I'd suggest: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...01003155201351

Cheers.

well you see i didnt took it cause i heard it was breaking the nova and then repalcing it by the stun. a couple of post earlier i changed my though anyway and though about a similar build and removed brain freeze

does permafrost not stack with chilled to the bone?

i never see anybody with permafrost, where it seems like it's pretty good. I don't play a mage though so I don't know what the spreads are lookin like

Quote Originally Posted by Rambobarbq
    well you see i didnt took it cause i heard it was breaking the nova and then repalcing it by the stun. a couple of post earlier i changed my though anyway and though about a similar build and removed brain freeze
    Oh. I just assumed it won't brake because it doesn't deal damage, and it doesn't say it removes the nova. So if it does... Ugh, Blizzard is so lame lol
    I put 3/3 into Blizzard, but I don't see the company improving.

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by skypower
    Mages must get all the points to Frost, if they wanna rock
    not necessarily, it isnt a bad idea to get improved counterspell in the arcane tree.

i cant stand to live with out imp cs. this is more a 2v2 build which is y i dont have emp frostbolts as i rarely have a chance to cast them.
    http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/8223506qmWAD.png
    Stupidity is a disease only cured by death

I've been a pvp frost mage for as long as I can remember, but I'm very excited to experiment with an elementalist build now for fun. I'm thinking 0/37/33 for fiery payback and improved ice barrier. Imagine if you are below 35% health, you put ice barrier up, a warrior gets on you, the barrier procs a nova, you will be able to do a pyroblast/ice lance shatter combo /drool (1.5 sec pyroblast). Frostbolt is your kite spam, stacking scorches for fast casting and real damage....gah my head is about to explode! I'm so excited about the changes. I'm going to end up with deep freeze in the long run but still....