Page 1 of 2
LastLast

eh? whats the main stat now?

as far as I have read,
    agi = 1 ap
    str = 1 ap (is that true??)
    int = 1 ap
    in WotLk

so whats gonna be the main stat now? i did not see ANY mail items with strength, so basicly we will have the same equipment as hunters? agi+int ?

Re: eh? whats the main stat now?

if str did only=1 ap warriors would be even more dead than they currently are. So I don't believe it
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    if str did only=1 ap warriors would be even more dead than they currently are. So I don't believe it
    for shaman only...stats are different for every class

my best gues is agi because it gives ap/crit/dodge/armor usually.
    expertise and armor pen would be verry valuable to.
    int/ap/crit/str will be in the same boat, but my best bet is is that blizzard will gently be fasing out str as an atribute on mail gear in their quest to make more gear available to the players.

For ex in tBC,
    Lets say they make 100 pieces of armor suitable for hunters (agi/ap and int (wich not much shamans stack up on becasue were not mana starved anyway atm))
    And they make 100 pieces of armor for enh shaman (str/ap/crit (wich hunters for obvious reasons will not use)).

now, come WOTLK they make 150 armor pieces with agi/int/crit/haste.
    Then you have 2 classes that have 50% more pieces to pick from while they can get away with creating 25% less gear.

I'll say thats a win=win situation right there.

And yes, sofar the 1str=2ap is gone for shaman, blizz stated they want to make it a pala/warrior/dk main attribute.

That's a prety good change ..!

for example :
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32376 now gives 100AP and 2,6%crit
    in WotLK it will give 170 AP and near 2%crit...

Only 1 phrase : "just need on hunt gear!"

Since hit and crit rating will become "universal" (ie they will apply to both spells and melee hits), an enhance shaman will prioritize hit rating until spell-hitcapped (9%), then it will be something like agi > crit rating > hit/haste rating > int > str

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyjoe
    Since hit and crit rating will become "universal" (ie they will apply to both spells and melee hits), an enhance shaman will prioritize hit rating until spell-hitcapped (9%), then it will be something like agi > crit rating > hit/haste rating > int > str
    umm why?...
    u know that shocks make up only 10-15% of ur total dps as enh? so gimping your self for spell hit will lower ur dps.

Spells are going to be a more important part of our dps (probably more like 25 - 30%). And the point of being spell-hitcapped is not so much for the dps gain, but more about keeping a steady rotation of flame shock/lavaburst to keep elemental devastation up.

And as I said hit rating becomes universal, so when stacking spell hit rating you will also be stacking melee hit rating, there's absolutely no gimping in this

Deleted

for huntardds strength is useless, it only affects MELEE attackpower (don't say something stupid now)
    1 agi = 1 ap, 2 armor, little crit and dodge
    main stat is agi ofc, as it scales with kings wich pure attackpower doesn't

for warriors strength is 2 ap, though i'm not sure about agility, i think its only good for crit, dodge and armor, but they don't gain any attackpower from it

edit: oops misread something, youre a shaman ^^
    as an enhancer i'd say strength equals 2 melee attackpower for you, i anyone is certain that its different, please correct me

Quote Originally Posted by Jivo
    edit: oops misread something, youre a shaman ^^
    as an enhancer i'd say strength equals 2 melee attackpower for you, i anyone is certain that its different, please correct me
    You also misread the post as a whole, he was talking about in WotLK, what will an enh shaman's main attribute be, and will strength only equal 1 AP.

And the answer: I don't know, good luck finding someone who does.

We are talking about the changes in wotlk, where str agi and int will each give 1 ap for an enhance chaman

Anyway these 3 stats are easy to sort :

Agi will be the best, because it give 1 ap and a good amount of melee crit

Int will come second, it still gives 1 ap, and a small amount of spell crit, and of course a bigger mana pool.

Strength will definitely be the less intersting, as it will only give 1 ap, nothing more.

The real question will be where to put hit rating, crit rating, expertise and armor penetration

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyjoe
    We are talking about the changes in wotlk, where str agi and int will each give 1 ap for an enhance chaman

Anyway these 3 stats are easy to sort :

Agi will be the best, because it give 1 ap and a good amount of melee crit

Int will come second, it still gives 1 ap, and a small amount of spell crit, and of course a bigger mana pool.

Strength will definitely be the less intersting, as it will only give 1 ap, nothing more.

The real question will be where to put hit rating, crit rating, expertise and armor penetration
    Got some current weightings up and it goes like this:

Agility: 2.5
    Intellect: 2
    Strength: 1
    AP: 1
    Hit Rating: 2
    Crit Rating: 2.5
    Haste Rating: 2
    Expertise Rating: ~2.75-3

Strength & AP are rather obvious.
    Expertise Rating gives far more DPS increase then hit, so both important
    With static shock and the loss of the resto off-spec, I kept hit & haste equally important.
    Crit is more important because of Flurry, UR, Maelstrom Weapon, Elemental Devastation (wow that's a lot of crit-based buffs )
    Agility will give 1 AP and 0,552 melee crit rating. But since melee crit is still very important I've upped the value for it.
    Intellect is 1 AP + some spell crit, but more importantly, increases max mana for all those mana return buffs/talents from other classes who seem mostly relative to your mana pool.

As a side-note about Elemental Devastation, I'm thinking this will basicly give you 15-20% of your spell crit into melee. Technicly, the more spellcrit you will have, the more this figure will actually go down (due to buff time lost on refreshes), but the more melee crits you will get, thus more instant LaBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guran

That's quiet correct and give a good idea

I made a factice profile with hyjal / bt / BoJ stuff
    http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/91544

1662-119+445+303=2291 PA UNBUFF !
    ... that's sounds crazy

Why not just give Shaman ppets and ranged weapons? seems your Itemization is being turned exactly into hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Guran

Strength & AP are rather obvious.
    Expertise Rating gives far more DPS increase then hit, so both important
    With static shock and the loss of the resto off-spec, I kept hit & haste equally important.
    Crit is more important because of Flurry, UR, Maelstrom Weapon, Elemental Devastation (wow that's a lot of crit-based buffs )
    Agility will give 1 AP and 0,552 melee crit rating. But since melee crit is still very important I've upped the value for it.
    Intellect is 1 AP + some spell crit, but more importantly, increases max mana for all those mana return buffs/talents from other classes who seem mostly relative to your mana pool.

As a side-note about Elemental Devastation, I'm thinking this will basicly give you 15-20% of your spell crit into melee. Technicly, the more spellcrit you will have, the more this figure will actually go down (due to buff time lost on refreshes), but the more melee crits you will get, thus more instant LaBs.
    I dont know that I would worry about ED much at this point, 'crit' values are changing, as well as the benefit ratio. also, a large chunk of our crit will be from agi, which doesn't give spell crit. and enhance will still have massive amounts of crit anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised to see folks floating around 50% without much effort.

I wouldn't weight crit more than agi at this point though a little more than int. nor haste either, because of the 20% windfury totem mechanic as well as personal windfury still making up the majority of our damage. Higher AP will still be our goal overall.

So, those tree's who don't use melee at all (resto/elemental) would get a major AP increase. Say you got about 700 int as an Elemental @ 80 that would simply be 700+ AP on top of your 400~ ish base AP. With the talent from enhancement you can even get another 700 AP. So you could have 1800 AP, even when you are just a caster or a healer. Is this part of making hybrids more versatile or will it be nerfed eventually?

the 1int = 1ap comes only with enhancement talent.
    So if you have 400 base AP dans 700 inte you'll only have 1100 ap not 1800 or maybe i didn't understand you.

btw, elem with ap is useless, and enhancement with elem stuff is useless as well...

You certain it's just enhancement only? I can't seem to find much info about it or a talent which converts one int to one ap. Or does it activate when you have X amount of talents in enhancement? =/

I'm confused lol.

Mental Dexterity, third tier of wotlk enhance talents.

Could you post a link where it states that Shamans now get 1 ap per str and 1 per agi, i cant seem to find it

thanks in advance
    Holy Toledo! Somebody had fun! - Simon Gruber