Feral druid best in Melee or hunter group.

I'm trying to convince my GM to put the Feral druid in the Hunter group, which consist of Survival hunter, Bm hunter, resto shaman, Feral druid, something else.

The melee group would be 2 rogues, enhance shaman, ret pally, dps warrior.

If I could get some feedback on this, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Re: Feral druid best in Melee or hunter group.

Tell him to kick 1 Rogue, put the BM Hunter AND the Feral Druid in the melee group and put the SV Hunter in a group with an Ele Sham, a Boomkin and 2 mage/lock, possibly a shad priest instead of either of those.

The meleegroup is fine with 2 rogues, a shammy, a lolret and a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Tell him to kick 1 Rogue, put the BM Hunter AND the Feral Druid in the melee group and put the SV Hunter in a group with an Ele Sham, a Boomkin and 2 mage/lock, possibly a shad priest instead of either of those.

Don't be silly, Survi hunter requires crit much more than BM, it's our main source of damage, also Agility Totem. We should get ~50%crit raid buffed with that giving us enormous dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix

Don't be silly, Survi hunter requires crit much more than BM, it's our main source of damage, also Agility Totem. We should get ~50%crit raid buffed with that giving us enormous dps.
    Surv hunter also requires 30y range, meaning missing out on a lot of talents.
    The point is motsly that Hunting Party gives 2% mana back to everyone in party, and I don't see it being much use for just that Retardin with a 6k mana pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Surv hunter also requires 30y range, meaning missing out on a lot of talents.
    The point is motsly that Hunting Party gives 2% mana back to everyone in party, and I don't see it being much use for just that Retardin with a 6k mana pool.
    Retardin with 6k mana pool won't happen in WotLK, also it regens Energy/Rage/Runic Power too, so whole team's gonna be happy. Leave mana regen to Shadow Priests. 41yrd range means nothing in most of PvE encounters. And we'll get much more DPS from crit chance and agility totem (assuming Enh shammy is there too). Though our crit chance will be ~46-8% unbuffed @ High End Raiding in WotLK (simple, preTBC ~28%, now ~38%, WotLK ~48%), and ~52-4% selfbuff+BoK, 60% crit with Totem and LotP will just win dps race for us. (Throw away aggro issues FD and BoS ftw)

I'm liking the answers i am getting. But probably should of put this on my first post, but this is concerning BC, not WOTLK.

wheres a crazy idea:

Check the part of the forum where u did this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranthunter-ysera
    I'm liking the answers i am getting. But probably should of put this on my first post, but this is concerning BC, not WOTLK.
    As tBC group, Enh Sham, Ret pala, BM Hunter, Feral Druid and Fury Warrior. They all buff eachother while Rogue do shit for em.

Put the SV Hunter and the Rogues in a group with another sham and ask him to drop agi, works better for raid DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranthunter-ysera
    Even in TBC, we'll get 50% crit which is unrivalled by any other class and using 3.0 speed bow you should easly get 2k (if not more, mine 2.2-.3k) autoshot crits which are crucious in this build.

Quote Originally Posted by psyched
    wheres a crazy idea:

Check the part of the forum where u did this post.

champion

Currently in Sunwell i raid only with one other BM hunter in the guild, we're normally in the "tank group". Consisting of And this isn't too bad really, 6% increased damage 5% increased crit, and that for me is good enough personally. We tend to have a melee DPS group and two casters. Melee DPS group usually something like this . And that's how it should be really, Rogues benefit more from 500 AP from Warriors, WF from Shamans and a Retri Paladin more or less gets insanely buffed from this combination putting out sick DPS. Sometimes the rogue me be in place of the Retri Paladin if you run with three but only a druid should be in that group if perhapps your missing two/one of the melee six or running with two druids (Feral) however melee tend to find a large increase in AP at sunwell level benefits them more as they have fairly sufficient critical strike at this level. The Retri's Blessing of Wisdom is well <3.

http://www.originguild.eu/movies/Murukill.avi - 700kb download speed.
    *Our first kill pre 2.4.3 nerf. (exclusive nerdscreams!)