Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shouldn't enhance shamans deal the most damage of the physical damage classes?

As far as dps, Rogues and druids have stealth, hunters have range, and warriors have extra armor and hp. So shouldn't we be doing the most DPS? At least on par with a rougue- who is wearing leather armor but has high evasion and stealth?

Compare us to a hunter. How many times have you seen a 20-2 hunter running around a bg? They have a pet AND range to protect them, so should we have a higher natural dps then them seeing as we have no pet and must be in melee range?

I've considered that shamans can heal, but that's not really all that critical when you're in melee range alot.

This is a hypothetical question, I'm really interested to see what you guys think.

Re: Shouldn't enhance shamans deal the most damage of the physical damage classe

BEcause you bring a shit tons of additional damage to your whole group, if you would do also deal the most damage, nobody would use anything else beside shaman
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Re: Shouldn't enhance shamans deal the most damage of the physical damage classe

uh you have more armor and probably more health then dps warriors, and you can heal, buff youre grp with totems etc. youre dps is high enough as it is.

Re: Shouldn't enhance shamans deal the most damage of the physical damage classes?

no, we do not have more armor and health then warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by meilu
    uh you have more armor and probably more health then dps warriors, and you can heal, buff youre grp with totems etc. youre dps is high enough as it is.
    I had to log in for this. What are you smoking? Shams have the least amount of base health of ALL classes. To compensate this we have TONS of stamina on our PVP gear, which basicly gimps all our other stats. Making S3 and S4 gear for warriors/retadins/rogues far superior than Shaman.

This shows warriors and retadins using S3/S4 gear in BT, while shams use the badge leather. nough said.

Re: Shouldn't enhance shamans deal the most damage of the physical damage classes?

Totems pretty much make up the difference in DPS between Enhance and rogues in raids.

As for BGs/pvp you get to heal and rogues dont and also have access to ranged spells. So it kind of evens out.

Buffing enhance to match rogues DPS would create imbalance in pve(no reason to bring rogues), pvp(same dps as rogue but can heal too?). Rogues and warrs would lose their spots and Blizzard are trying hard to make sure no class/spec is pigeon holed into one duty like it is now (Resto sham-CoH priests spamming on raid heals).

Enhancement Shamans do respectable damage & bring extremely good melee buff to the rest of the group.
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by cinder
    As far as dps, Rogues and druids have stealth, hunters have range, and warriors have extra armor and hp. So shouldn't we be doing the most DPS? At least on par with a rougue- who is wearing leather armor but has high evasion and stealth?

Compare us to a hunter. How many times have you seen a 20-2 hunter running around a bg? They have a pet AND range to protect them, so should we have a higher natural dps then them seeing as we have no pet and must be in melee range?

I've considered that shamans can heal, but that's not really all that critical when you're in melee range alot.

This is a hypothetical question, I'm really interested to see what you guys think.
    Wut?

1. Rogues have NO other spec, other than physical melee. No way should you be equivalent to them.
    2. Hunters are just the OP and ez moade in BGs, deal with it. You want to reach one, roll a spec that doesn't have you getting smashed quick, go ele and stand back and chain lightning.
    3. Wtf are you doing in melee in resto gear, STAND BACK. Shamans are quite commonly the highest healing done class in BG's.
    4. Get a clue plz. The shaman accels at boosting OTHER inc dmg on targets, feel good about that one and then taking the beating thats coming to you like a man.

/end flame.

another retarded topic
    l2p

Quote Originally Posted by rohendar
    I had to log in for this. What are you smoking? Shams have the least amount of base health of ALL classes. To compensate this we have TONS of stamina on our PVP gear, which basicly gimps all our other stats. Making S3 and S4 gear for warriors/retadins/rogues far superior than Shaman.

This shows warriors and retadins using S3/S4 gear in BT, while shams use the badge leather. nough said.
    err lowest base health? :/ that spot is taken by mages. besides compare these 2 profiles, both tauren with 5% health bonus: one is a resto shaman and the other is a MS dps warrior. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...aros&n=Daggoth shaman (restoration but that doesnt matter to prove my point)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...naros&n=Crasul warrior
    and even though im dutch im not smoking anything atm. sry

Quote Originally Posted by rammy
    Totems pretty much make up the difference in DPS between Enhance and rogues in raids.

As for BGs/pvp you get to heal and rogues dont and also have access to ranged spells. So it kind of evens out.

Buffing enhance to match rogues DPS would create imbalance in pve(no reason to bring rogues), pvp(same dps as rogue but can heal too?). Rogues and warrs would lose their spots and Blizzard are trying hard to make sure no class/spec is pigeon holed into one duty like it is now (Resto sham-CoH priests spamming on raid heals).
    Euhm have you ever known an Enh sham to use DPS boosting totems in PVP? NO! because he's too busy using Grounding totem and Earthbind totem.

And Enh shams Heal? When? the 1sec you don't have him CC'd? Healing as an Enh is as fail as a Rogue shooting a bow at someone.

All this arguments are moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh
    uh, what?
    more armor than a dps warrior? that's only if not uses plate
    more health than a warrior? enhancement shamans has Low health compared to other melee dps classes

and it is spells "your group" 'youre' is correctly spelled "you're" and is short for 'you are'
    i really couldnt care less and shamans do have more armor or atleast equal amount because of a shield.

also kinda fail pointing out someone's typo's when at the same time you make one thats almost unbearable to read from all the typo's.

Quote Originally Posted by meilu
    i really couldnt care less and shamans do have more armor or atleast equal amount because of a shield.
    WTF? we are talking about ENHANCEMENT shammies.

1) you linked a resto shammy
    2) Enhancement shammies don't use shields
    3) The warrior still has more health than the resto shammy and he even has some items that don't even have stamina on them
    4) as Resto spec I have about 1k more HP than Enh, because of gear.

WTF? we are talking about ENHANCEMENT shammies.

1) you linked a resto shammy
    2) Enhancement shammies don't use shields
    3) The warrior still has more health than the resto shammy and he even has some items that don't even have stamina on them
    4) as Resto spec I have about 1k more HP than Enh, because of gear.
    i know he has more armor and health, offcourse he does but its not a big difference. i couldnt find a enchantment profile fast enough so thats the reason i linked a resto shaman, simply to counter the base health argument.

the only thing i,d like to see in shamans build is a barkskin like buff for pvp ofc
    when you are in a situation of watching your toon being abused by a rogue & not being able to do f**ck all about it
    btw dont say trinket -only works once :-\

Quote Originally Posted by skyclops
    the only thing i,d like to see in shamans build is a barkskin like buff for pvp ofc
    when you are in a situation of watching your toon being abused by a rogue & not being able to do f**ck all about it
    btw dont say trinket -only works once :-\
    u mean u want shamanistic rage usable during stuns?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nnoroth&n=Zyma Enhancement (plx no "enchantment" ><)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...h&n=Darkcairne MS warrior

Both are Tauren and kinda equally geared. Look at stats. Nuff said!

Warrior has nearly double the Armor and 2k more HP. Nough said.

Can only really comment from a (PvE) rogue perspective but stealth and evasion arn't really advantageous in PvE raiding at all for DPS. Enh shammies trade off for raid utility with than raw single target.

From a PvP (priest) perspective, i fear enh shammies far more than i fear rogues. purgespam ftl.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

I had to log in for this. What are you smoking? Shams have the least amount of base health of ALL classes.
    No, Mages have the least, with the exception of BElfs priests are lower too, Warlocks have less Stam on Avg also, and Druids are about equal. Of course, we're talking base, ie- naked/talentless

Euhm have you ever known an Enh sham to use DPS boosting totems in PVP? NO! because he's too busy using Grounding totem and Earthbind totem.
    Yes, frequently, actually. If an Enchancement shaman is 1v1 and they get the drop on their opponent, they use totems that increase their damage. If they are in a group, they usually train a target with a warrior/hunter/Frost Mage etc keeping them in place so the group as a whole does more damage.

And Enh shams Heal? When? the 1sec you don't have him CC'd? Healing as an Enh is as fail as a Rogue shooting a bow at someone.

All this arguments are moot.
    You should heal whenever you have to. Hell, Feral Druids Shift out of Form to heal themselves in PvP all the time, effectively tripling the cost of a heal in an already mana-starved pool.

As for Rogue's using a Bow? I've seen it done plenty of times. Frost Mage has them rooted at range, they're CloS and Trinket on Cooldown, no CPs to use Deadly throw? Use a Bow/Gun to push back casting, delay the incoming damage/death as long as possible.

If you're choice is between dying and healing, you suck if you don't try to get that heal off.