Weapon Specs in WOTLK

With the 6 second cooldowns on Mace and Sword spec and the slight buff to Axe spec, is anyone actually considering going with axes? Or are people just going to stay with good old swords and maces? Im a little torn between Swords and Axes as it stands, but of course my fear of resillience makes me want to use swords.

Any views on this?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Weapon Specs in WOTLK

Quote Originally Posted by Phylla
    With the 6 second cooldowns on Mace and Sword spec and the slight buff to Axe spec, is anyone actually considering going with axes? Or are people just going to stay with good old swords and maces? Im a little torn between Swords and Axes as it stands, but of course my fear of resillience makes me want to use swords.

Any views on this?
    For PvE are still swords better and in PvP maces will still dominated, being followed by swords, axes will still blow imho

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

I like swords, ergo I will go with swords up until I have ready access to axes that will make me sufficiently more badass that I am willing to lose out on the sheer coolness of having big swords.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

I'm considering axes...it's not like 5% crit was ever that far behind sword spec. Definately worse but not by that much. With the 5% crit dmg bonus it's tempting. As my warrior stands now I would have about 43% crit axe spec, so even with resilience, the dmg bonus would come into play frequently. Someone will theorycraft it I'm sure. My understanding is that sword spec only procs off white damage, that would affect the verdict quite a bit if that's not true. Sue me, I've always been Mace. :P

Real warriors use swords.... interesting question, on my server i queried some warriors, almost all of them who were "main characters" (ie: their first wow char) used swords rather than wanting the stun-locking mace

i think that if blizz want to create some real competition between axe/mace/sword, they need to either reduce the stun for maces (2 or 1 sec) and remove the hidden cd from the talent and just remove the +7 rage gen, as swords is supposed to be the rage gen talent, and remove the hidden cd from swords too, which is completely up a great talent

atm: axe<sword<mace
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.