New talent changes/fixes/tweaks (Mage)

Although not mentioned on the front page of MMO-Champion, mages did get some tweaks during last nights patch as far as I understood it. The american community manager Nethaera updated her post with the underlined mage and shaman changes. I'll copy the ones I find the most interesting: (that being mostly the PvP-oriented changes.)

• Arcane Subtlety now reduces the chance your spells will be dispelled by 15/35%, and no longer reduces the resistance of targets. (Used to be only 30%, didn't it? More dispell resistance for the win nontheless, even if it was 35% from the beginning.
    • Arctic Reach now also affects Deep Freeze. (Awesome. Staying too close to a target as a mage is always scary. Every extra range is a godsend.)
    • Elemental Precision moved to tier 2. (Not sure about this change. It's somewhat a nerf, as going deep fire won't let you pick both this one and Focus Magic anymore. You'll have to chose one of them.)
    • Empowered Fireball reduced to 3 ranks, now increases damage by 5/10/15% of spell power. (2 extra talent points to put wherever you feel like. Awesome.)
    • Empowered Frostbolt reduced to 2 ranks, increases damage by 5/10% of spell power and increases critical hit chance by 2/4%. (My jaw practically dropped when I saw this. Since they changed the frost tree some days ago I felt that I didn't have enough talent points to put around. This is three talent points being freed up. This is awesome.)
    • Ice Floes renamed Cold as Ice, now reduces cooldown of Cold Snap, Ice Barrier, Summon Water Elemental, and Deep Freeze by 10/20%. (This one is rather interesting. Water Elemental as well. Paired up with Imp. WE, we'll like run around with a Water Elemental up constantly unless killed. Less cooldown on Deep Freeze is nice as well.)
    • Improved Frost Nova renamed Ice Floes, moved to tier 1, increased to 3 ranks, now reduces cooldown of Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Ice Block, and Icy Veins by 7/14/20%. (Less cooldown on Icy Veins is -also- a godsend. Should've stayed 2 ranks (10/20%) in my opinion though, but still a strong talent in my opinion.)
    • Shatter no longer has a prerequisite. (Doesn't change much for me, but I guess this might help some speccs get more interesting talents than -cooldown on FN.)

Some of you might want to know that Fiery Payback is changed to give Pyroblast a 5 second cooldown. No more spamming, but this was honestly bound to happen. It was too strong as it was, and it is still a good talent. It's changed to decrease ALL damage (not only physical and fire) by 20%, and still decrease pyroblast's casting time by 3.5, but now it gives Pyroblast a 5 second cooldown as well.

Full list of changes here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...69973&sid=2000
    Talent calculator also somewhat changed, although some talents are bugged (for example Emp. Frostbolt): http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/.../talents2.html

And I'm sorry if this has been posted already. I briefed through the forums rather fast but couldn't find anything. Feel free to slap me if it's been up and discussed before.

Re: New talent changes/fixes/tweaks (Mage)

5 sec CD.. /cry, my levling spec (Stay under 35% and just Pyro pyro pyro.. )

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=o

Either there is an additional build coming out this week, or half those changes never made it to beta. (Isn't it usually the other way around? Changes getting into the game,but not the patch notes?)

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=o

Either there is an additional build coming out this week, or half those changes never made it to beta. (Isn't it usually the other way around? Changes getting into the game,but not the patch notes?)
    The Wowhead calculator simply ain't updated. These changes came this night or late yesterday. (1st of August.) There's a bluepost on it and the official World of Warcraft.com's calculators is updated. Who'd you rather believe? xP