Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Pot nerf, (restricted to 1 pot for a boss?)

Hopefully short duration buff potions like haste and destruction have their effects nerfed and the duration increased to make them useful, or this change might just kill them.

Otherwise, if mana regeneration is buffed accordingly then this should work out fine. I see potential problems with health potions and fights with heavy raid damage, but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn

I see potential problems with health potions and fights with heavy raid damage, but meh.

With all new aoe heals, i dont think it will be a problem.

Deleted

It's mainly a healer/caster problem than a melee one. Health potions can always help but rarely change the fights, whereas fighting with only one mana potion would kill a lot of classes in the current system.
    I know that a number of mana regeneration thingies are coming our way, but from what i've seen (ie mainly my own spec), dpm is going down with the new spell ranks. I was hoping to have those 2 changes counterbalance each other, but adding this i don't know yet where i will stand with regards to mana sustainability.

Also, this might be a much bigger problem for 10 man raids than for 25 man ones. A number of hybrid effects will now work raid-wide, but a 10 man raid won't have space for all of them.

I'll wait for some numbers to QQ though, having to farm potions all the time is somewhat of a bother so if they remove it without causing casters too many problems it might be good in the long run.

Yeah! And palas are getting: New Spell: Divine Plea (5 Minutes cooldown, Channeled) - While channeling this spell, you gain 50% of your total mana over 6 seconds. so no need for mana pots here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZlitZ
    Yeah! And palas are getting: New Spell: Divine Plea (5 Minutes cooldown, Channeled) - While channeling this spell, you gain 50% of your total mana over 6 seconds. so no need for mana pots here.
    I must have missed that one, which would make it bearable at least. I'll go with the general opinion here then and wait to see how this pans out in practice before commenting further.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

This change would make the "Alchemist's Stone" worthless, since it's strength is the continous mana gain from potions. With only one potion for some classes other trinkets will be more viable. :/
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    This change would make the "Alchemist's Stone" worthless, since it's strength is the continous mana gain from potions. With only one potion for some classes other trinkets will be more viable. :/
    ''You receive an increased effect when you drink an elixir,potion,or flask that you can make''

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/2448/bloodjk6.jpg

might make up for it again tho, to bad im not a alchemist or i would have tried it out

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler
    http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/2448/bloodjk6.jpg

might make up for it again tho, to bad im not a alchemist or i would have tried it out
    Mh :/ Depends on how much more i get. Well i'll be probably dropping alchemy in LK anyway.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

this is a big nerf and just fucks up alchemist profession

Quote Originally Posted by ZlitZ
    dude if paly on M'uru stopped healing me for 6 sec, well let's say that the mana he gains will be no use, since it's kinda hard healing dead tank i suppose it might be the same in WotLK

gooodbyeeee potion masters,looks like they are nerfing professions now:O

if it keeps progressing like this, alchemy might as well be removed by next expansion, since it will be utterly useless if they keep sabotaging the market like this...

Of course, they would add "Potty" the pet potion as an "incentive" to keep alchemy, it would keep you company while you cry about the reduction in profits since pot use will slow down to a trickle.

Le sigh. It was bound to happen, I think. Some of us were getting to rich off of Alchemy I guess. I suppose I'll just sell all of my herbs to the Inscriptors and cut my losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

Hard to say if this is good or bad, considering how the elixir/flask 'nerf' turned out quite well.

Based on the mana costs of the new ranks of spells for some classes, however, I'd say this means that certain specs are utterly screwed in anything less than 25mans. I really doubt that itemization will cover a +120% jump in mana costs, coupled with -100 mp5 from mana potions, in a ten man raid.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Thank God for this change. I'm getting sick of farming Mana pots, Haste pots, etc... Yeah short term this sucks, but long term it's a fantastic change. Alchemy does get screwed at the moment with this, and stuff like the Alchemist stones becomes really underwhelming. Hopefully Alchemists will get some compensation for it.

it's a direct nerf to PvE casters and a second nerf to Alchemy.... quite unnecessary !

if you're complaining "oh the mat farming sucked"... Blizz just needed to reduce the mats required. 2 Dreaming Glory per potion is lame considering that a 20 stack in the AH can cost around 40+G (on Arathor, US)

10 minute Boss fights REQUIRE multiple mana pots

I can kinda see here they are coming from making Shadow Priests and now SV hunters and other classes with raid regen abilities, more desirable making all classes have necessary rolls in raiding. Instead of just stacking crazy DPS mages with the stacks of pots you need to get a shammy for mana tide.

It's a good idea, with the incoming of inscription that need herb too, the demand for herb would have been too high and the price would have raise in consequence.

I just had to post this of my alt. WTS.
     KJ killed 8-7-08

Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r
    I can kinda see here they are coming from making Shadow Priests and now SV hunters and other classes with raid regen abilities, more desirable making all classes have necessary rolls in raiding. Instead of just stacking crazy DPS mages with the stacks of pots you need to get a shammy for mana tide.
    ...which works fine in 25 mans, but what about ten mans? It just widens the gap between the mana efficient classes and the ones that rely on mana potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Koutousov
    It's a good idea, with the incoming of inscription that need herb too, the demand for herb would have been too high and the price would have raise in consequence.
    Hardly. It's safe to assume that the people with Inscription would pick up herbalism as their second profession. Prices would rise initially from lots of lvl70-80s going dual crafting, encouraging more people to pick up herbalism, in the end bringing prices back down. Compare it to when Jewelcrafting was added. Prices of gems and metals skyrocketed for a while, then went back to normal levels as new jewelcrafters started getting mining as their second profession.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.